ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting to me other than Z there has not been a stampede of Cals players to follow him to Arky

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
Now when the dust settles many of them may. Bradshaw to Ohio State. I thought DJ and the Wagners were tight with Cal ? Again, DJ may end up there but they are trying to get Boogie to Arky and I"m sure they thought DJ would be off to the NBA but I don't see that.
Will be interesting to see how many follow him.

Reactions: TeoJ and Fox2monk
It does suprise me but all of them are looking for their bag and I’m sure they have to take time to get some cash flow. I know chicken nuggies and the Cowboys are fronting a lot of it so it shouldn’t be an issue at first.

Cal is telling everyone to hold off before they commit so he can have everyone wondering if he could really have his pick of the litter at Arkansas. And he will. But the results will be same.
Probably so, we all know Cal likes to space them apart, find out bad news so he can line up some good news right after.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I can't remember if it was KSR or Alan Cutler's radio show, but someone mentioned that the players that'll follow Cal had a price point at UK, and now there'll be an upcharge for their services away from UK. Players could be negotiating, enjoying the re-recruiting process, and/or letting their offers ride and accumulate to get the best NIL payout possible.

Now when the dust settles many of them may. Bradshaw to Ohio State. I thought DJ and the Wagners were tight with Cal ? Again, DJ may end up there but they are trying to get Boogie to Arky and I"m sure they thought DJ would be off to the NBA but I don't see that.
That's on Cal, he left us so I really don't care what he does down there.

NIL is going to change a lot of that
I see all the bluebloods and a dozen or more programs being stacked every year and all the rest suffer. There will be relative talent parity among the top 15-20 schools and coaching and roster management will determine who wins big. That's not good news if you're an Arky fan.

More true than the first point.

Kevin Malone GIF - Kevin Malone Nicetowinone GIFs

Knox just committed, JQ visiting shortly, will follow suit.

Reactions: DCWildcatFan
I forgot to mention Coaches Antigua and Welch not going with him.
That to me says A GREAT DEAL. Kids do crazy stuff and can be more loyal to an adult/coach sometimes. But the fact you have Coach O who's been with Cal a long time decided not to go with him speaks volumes

Something changed with Cal. Far beyond the mediocre results, etc.

That to me says A GREAT DEAL. Kids do crazy stuff and can be more loyal to an adult/coach sometimes. But the fact you have Coach O who's been with Cal a long time decided not to go with him speaks volumes

Something changed with Cal. Far beyond the mediocre results, etc.
I’m telling you, I’ve seen that same look in my dad’s eyes. Something is off.

Has there been any info on who’s targeting DJ? Is he testing the NBA waters?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Gotta follow the protocol, you know? Sign on the dotted line, play your one season, go to NBA, OR go away. We've already recruited over you, so if you think the guy coming in is better than you or will take your minutes, then transfer. Either way, you're likely gone. That is Cal's way. He claimed after getting his butt kicked by Oakland that he was going to change that approach and he would invite guys back. But the truth is, that's been the plan all along and if Wagner wasn't good enough, well, that's just too bad that he's not good enough.

As for Boogie Fland, he's in a quandary, as is Calipari. Only one of those 2 can start at the point. I have serious doubts Cal gets them both to Arkansas. I'm not sure which one will sign first, but I'd bet the other one goes elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT