ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting INSIDER NOTES

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** Kentucky has brought in some big-time receivers recently: Samari Reed, Dejerrian Miller, and Andrew Marsh, to go along with the three they already have on board. I think they have a shot with Andrew Marsh because of his relationship with Daikiel Shorts but it's significant that he's going to Michigan again next month for their Big House BBQ event. Kentucky was a mid-week trip for him and that's one thing that gives me pause.

What I've heard one place is that Kentucky really knocked it out of the park with St. Louis 4-star Dejerrian Miller. Tennessee got a big head start recruiting him and they are formidable competition. If I had to pick a favorite it would be hard to not pick the Vols, but I think it might be Kentucky and Tennessee. He's still supposed to take another visit or two at some point but Miller is definitely someone we should watch closely as a chance for a big splash.

** There was a prediction logged for Alabama to land KY DL Javeon Campbell but my position on this has not changed, still believe Kentucky will be the landing spot.

** Am still slightly more confident on Campbell than on Spike Sowells. Get the sense there may still be some lingering uncertainty on where Sowells is going to go but Kentucky believes he is the best center in the country and they've done everything they can. I have picks in for both and have not changed that.

** Cedric Works is someone the defensive staff really seems to love. What I've heard is he may be the closest thing to a Josh Allen pass rush specimen that they have recruited since then. He's an athletic specimen, 6'5 1/2, 230 pounds, an 84 inch wing span and he has run in the 4.6's. Came down to Kentucky, Florida, and Penn State, but Georgia was showing some interest as well.

** Believe Works is probably the only EDGE the Cats will be taking in this class. He visited three times and there seems to be confidence he is shut down and as an Ohio kid they'll be able to get him on campus several more times. Has a basketball background, too.

** Some believing this defensive class for UK could even be better than last year's very impressive group on paper. Ohio State had a lot of interest in Galloway and I was told probably would have offered if they didn't already have an incredible secondary class coming together.

** Still feeling very good about Kentucky's chances with Dawayne Galloway. Runs a 10.4, ran a 4.33 at Ohio State's camp. For context, he's taller and faster than last year's 4-star Teryhon Nichols although both have some great traits.

** Believe UK is in a good position to land JUCO DT Dennious Jackson. Massive kid who would fill a clear need in the defense, not sure if he has the kind of ceiling that blows you away but somebody who could fill a specific and needed function in the scheme and one that's needed. More mature than a HS guy coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News