ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting INSIDER NOTES

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
** 4-star QB Stone Saunders reaffirms his commitment to Kentucky following his visit to Lexington so the Cats appear set with a two-man 2025 quarterback class which, the hope has been, will fix the depth chart in a way they have not been able to in recent years.

** WR De'zie Jones was one of the players who was supposed to visit UK over the weekend but he committed to Ohio State. His film is fantastic, thought he could be a really good player.

** Cameron Miller was supposed to visit on Monday and hoping to touch base with him about that. I definitely felt much better about Kentucky's chances with Miller than with Jones going into the weekend, that's definitely not a slanted view with hindsight, Miller has just been someone they have had more traction with. It's going to come down to whether it went well enough to shut it down or if he wants to go through those official visits.

** Tae'shaun Gelsey, 4-star 6'4, 210, from Florida, visited and had a great time. He's a definite option on the outside. They also hosted Lebron Hill, a two-star with P5 opportunities who is setting up official visits. I would not be surprised if either of those players returns to Kentucky for an official visit.

** UK was also expected to host a couple of top offensive line targets recently: Jayden Clark from Ohio and Bryan Auguste from Florida. I can tell you that Clark was someone whose development was interesting to UK and others, there was a feeling that he has the makings of someone who could be a guy for them. Auguste is a tackle with the right traits who can be developed and he's someone from the South that Kentucky could conceivably get.

** Believe 4-star RB Marquise Davis from Ohio is still the backfield complement to Isaiah West that is the preferred and most likely option right now.

** Still feel like UK has a great chance with 2024 OL Anfernee Crease, the JUCO offensive lineman who visits Syracuse this weekend and then Kentucky the next weekend. He has the requisite size and athleticism to be developed into a good Power Five offensive lineman. I'm not sure he has taken a visit to a school that would cause a problem for Kentucky but there's been a wait and see on who else might get involved. That'd be a really nice late add. Wouldn't rule out the possibility of taking someone from the portal after the spring however. Nobody has emerged for me yet.

** The other late 2024 prospect still on the radar is TE Camden Redd. They have more established tight end targets but this guy has the right measurables and Vince Marrow will be going to see him this month. I'd imagine whether they take another tight end is probably impacted by what they decide to do at other positions but we do see with these efforts that UK has some wiggle room going into the 2024 season.

** In-state prospect Jay'quan Crawford (2026) has an offer from EKU and he visited Kentucky this morning. He's the right size and will have a chance in camp.

** There was an Arkansas OT who went into the portal, Chamblee, and he has played a ton of snaps but must have lost his job. I don't think he has the athleticism they would be looking for. Remember to get an upgrade from the portal that's going to be a big NIL situation, and you have to determine where you are most in need of upgrading the roster. Ray working out at tackle would certainly help the depth situation there, but if he kicks out then that's one less body on the inside and you're hoping guys like Farmer and Ramsey are more ready.

** Wouldn't be surprised if there is one transfer from the offensive backfield after the spring is over.

** Seems like the priority portal positions for right now would be offensive line (iOL or OT), cornerback, and perhaps running back although we have heard good things about true freshman Jason Patterson. Wouldn't be a shock if he emerges as the RB2 at some point this season.

** I don't have a ton of detail on Cutter Boley to this point but I can tell you that everyone I've spoken with has felt like he looks good and is a great addition to the QB room.
** Continue hearing good things about what Hardley Gilmore has flashed this spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News