ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Fans Want To Decline NIT Bid

Here is a gem of analysis from over there about Devonte green who was 8-10 from three.

“In all fairness, it is hard to win playing 4 on 5. They never tried to guard Smith from outside and nobody else (Fits, Rob, AD...) hit enough to make a difference. They just packed it in an would not let Morgan beat them. DG hit some 3s but he took a lot. Not enough to change the game.”

There were UK fans that wanted to decline the bid back in 2013. Our players sure did with how they played against Robert Morris. They certainly didn't care about playing in the NIT.

There were UK fans that wanted to decline the bid back in 2013. Our players sure did with how they played against Robert Morris. They certainly didn't care about playing in the NIT.

If you don’t have names it didn’t happen. :)

I guess I can understand it to a point, but it just seems the height of arrogance to me. It's like they're "above" going to the NIT. Let's be clear here, these fans on PEEGS are more concerned about "saving face" than about the basketball team. They're more concerned about the appearance of playing in the NIT than they are the reputation or honor of Indiana University. The truth is, these fans are just being selfish and arrogant.

I tell you this, though. It may be embarrassing in some ways to play the NIT but I know of many schools who have made a run in an NIT one season and it became a spring board to a good season the following year.
If you read through the thread, the OP is obviously a troll. Most IU fans are in favor of the NIT, I personally think the NIT is a good fit for them.

I guess I can understand it to a point, but it just seems the height of arrogance to me. It's like they're "above" going to the NIT. Let's be clear here, these fans on PEEGS are more concerned about "saving face" than about the basketball team. They're more concerned about the appearance of playing in the NIT than they are the reputation or honor of Indiana University. The truth is, these fans are just being selfish and arrogant.

I tell you this, though. It may be embarrassing in some ways to play the NIT but I know of many schools who have made a run in an NIT one season and it became a spring board to a good season the following year.
LMAO saving face from what ? They are no longer relevant in college basketball and haven’t been in a very long time!! That program talking about saving face that’s a good one !!

Well, they are certainly going to get the opportunity, since they will not make the real tournament.

Don't know about y'all, but I.m delighted they lost. I know that UK was afraid to play them :):)

Yeah, we have been afraid to play them since the 2012 season. If we don't play them in regular season, it's for sure we won't play them in the tournament, because they can't make the field. [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Miss St last year. 8 Quad 1 wins this year.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
The difference is we were 21-12 and should have been in the tourney. Once we lost Noel they dinged us and took us out of the tourney. I guess they don't do that anymore. We would have played RM at Rupp, but didn't plan on being in the NIT and said screw it and went there, but after Noel went down and they didn't get an NCAA bid that team checked out.

NCAA owns the NIT. The players can vote to skip, but it means nothing. You have to decline it at the beginning of the year.

Reactions: kats23
Only if they declined it at the beginning of the year. I remember that was the case when UK was in it in 13

Let's see ... you're referring to the year when we were beaten in the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris ... ?

Let's see ... you're referring to the year when we were beaten in the first round of the NIT by Robert Morris ... ?
Yeah. There was talk if UK should just decline the NIT as well and UK came out and said the NIT decline has to happen at the beginning of the year, not the end. I’m assuming that’s still the case so I don’t know if IU can deny the bid now or not

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT