ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana back tracking on home and home only deal with UK.

Great combative thread.
little chicken hawk
The little cartoon chickenhawk has a name "Henery Hawk"
We look like chickens
Not chickens, cry-babies maybe.
I think we should do a home and home with Butler
This is funny and I'm all in. Poke the Hoosiers right in the eye for no reason other than they are belligerent and delusional.

We have gained a lot of exposure playing them because of the national interest of regional games. These clowns live North of the river. A neutral site, for sure until they can act like adults, but I'd like to play them to keep down the NCAA over hype. Actually, I'd like to rotate all regional teams who suffer these delusions of grandeur. Hoosiers, Bearcats, Musketeers, Mountaineers, Panthers, Bulldogs, Flyers, Hilltoppers, Colonels, Billikens, Boilermakers, or any bodyone else who wants to stand in line for a beatdown. The games all have local interest as well. That's what I'd primarily use the non-conference schedule for. I love the idea of not playing the corrupt like UNC or UL until they clean up their act and pay their dues. Then, again what do I know, I'm just an old bird who'll likely never understand the whiney bellyaching. I like being king of the hill. Come on up and find out what it's like to pick your talleywacker up after the fight.

Last edited:
Great combative thread.

The little cartoon chickenhawk has a name "Henery Hawk"

Not chickens, cry-babies maybe.

This is funny and I'm all in. Poke the Hoosiers right in the eye for no reason other than they are belligerent and delusional.

We have gained a lot of exposure playing them because of the national interest of regional games. These clowns live North of the river. A neutral site, for sure until they can act like adults, but I'd like to play them to keep down the NCAA over hype. Actually, I'd like to rotate all regional teams who suffer these delusions of grandeur. Hoosiers, Bearcats, Musketeers, Mountaineers, Panthers, Bulldogs, Flyers, Hilltoppers, Colonels, Billikens, Boilermakers, or any bodyone else who wants to stand in line for a beatdown. The games all have local interest as well. That's what I'd primarily use the non-conference schedule for. I love the idea of not playing the corrupt like UNC or UL until they clean up their act and pay their dues. Then, again what do I know, I'm just an old bird who'll likely never understand the whiney bellyaching. I like being king of the hill. Come on up and find out what it's like to pick your talleywacker up after the fight.

Tremendous...thanks...

Reactions: _Rooster
I didn't mean to piss you off with my post; however, the IU UK game was telecast.

I did not intent for my post to be a gotya post, so I should have lightened it up a bit.

I have brains and I also have that game on video tape. It was tape delayed. Sorry for being a UK fan who video tapes all the games, but I have over 1,000 games on video. I also have all the UK home games on video tape from that probation year.

I lived in Maryland at that time and had a large sat. dish. My house would full of folks at 11:30 PM. to watch the Cats. You don't forget things like that.

Your memory is failing. How did you get a televised game when UK was banned from TV (1990) for a year Bert? Not trying to be argumentive buddy but you are dead wrong on this one. You don't have a bad memory..........just a creative one.

Reactions: _Rooster
no interest in playing this morons after the way their fans acted like idiots pushing women and old people down after the game there. They are irrelevant

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Your memory is failing. How did you get a televised game when UK was banned from TV (1990) for a year Bert? Not trying to be argumentive buddy but you are dead wrong on this one. You don't have a bad memory..........just a creative one.
There were no live games; however, they were delayed.

I will not respond to this any more, but I have the video of the games. If you can't believe that then tough.

YO

I will not respond to this any more, but I have the video of the games. If you can't believe that then tough.

What part of the sanctions that say no TV didn't you understand? The sanction didn't say delay TV only you moron. You don't have any games from that year......unless you was at the game and taped it with personal recorder. Why can't you admit that you are wrong? You won't respond because you are F'ing wrong and you are not big enough to admit it. I'll say this one more time.....there were no televised games that season.

You must be one lucky SOB.........you got to watch UK games that wasn't on TV for anyone else besides Bert. You are a moron.

You must be one lucky SOB.........you got to watch UK games that wasn't on TV for anyone else besides Bert. You are a moron.
I am a moron.

post script: my mother was a woman of high moral standing.

I'm a 100% sure all home games were televised delayed that year. I can't remember if any road games were televised the same way also because they were all broadcast on the UK network.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I'm a 100% sure all home games were televised delayed that year. I can't remember if any road games were televised the same way also because they were all broadcast on the UK network.
Thank you.

I have all of them and the Farm Bureau televised the UK versus IU.

It is hard not being arrogant with some people. Here is an portion of an article from the New York Times.

LEXINGTON, Ky., May 19— The National Collegiate Athletic Association today placed the University of Kentucky's basketball program on probation for three years for recruiting and academic violations, and took the unusual step of banning one Kentucky player, Eric Manuel, from further N.C.A.A. competition. Another player, Chris Mills, was barred from playing at Kentucky.

The ruling bars Kentucky from post-season competition in 1990 and 1991 and from playing in televised games next season.
In addition, Kentucky will be limited to three basketball scholarships in each of the next two years.

Now tell me how you two got to see televised games...........Bert you can argue until cows fly but you are wrong and you should be big enough to admit it instead of having your minions back you ignorance!

It is hard not being arrogant with some people. Here is an portion of an article from the New York Times.

LEXINGTON, Ky., May 19— The National Collegiate Athletic Association today placed the University of Kentucky's basketball program on probation for three years for recruiting and academic violations, and took the unusual step of banning one Kentucky player, Eric Manuel, from further N.C.A.A. competition. Another player, Chris Mills, was barred from playing at Kentucky.

The ruling bars Kentucky from post-season competition in 1990 and 1991 and from playing in televised games next season.
In addition, Kentucky will be limited to three basketball scholarships in each of the next two years.

Now tell me how you two got to see televised games...........Bert you can argue until cows fly but you are wrong and you should be big enough to admit it instead of having your minions back you ignorance!
The only person proving their ignorance is you fella. I know for a fact I watched games that season that were televised delayed. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that can back that up also. I really don't know why this is an issue with you. But I can tell you that you're 100% wrong. The probation barred UK from playing in LIVE televised games but permitted their games to be shown on a delayed basis.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
no interest in playing this morons after the way their fans acted like idiots pushing women and old people down after the game there. They are irrelevant

IU fans punched some kids while storming the court, poured gasoline on an old lady and struck a match. Sickening people. Not sure they have souls.

The only person proving their ignorance is you fella. I know for a fact I watched games that season that were televised delayed. I'm sure there's plenty of people on here that can back that up also. I really don't know why this is an issue with you. But I can tell you that you're 100% wrong. The probation barred UK from playing in LIVE televised games but permitted their games to be shown on a delayed basis.
All the home games were on delayed tv ,I don't think the road games were I listened to them on the radio.

I hope we never play those scumbags again. As other's have said, we do not need them, at all.

We should schedule RELEVANT teams, not has been's whose fan base are the most vile in all of sports.

What part of the sanctions that say no TV didn't you understand? The sanction didn't say delay TV only you moron. You don't have any games from that year......unless you was at the game and taped it with personal recorder. Why can't you admit that you are wrong? You won't respond because you are F'ing wrong and you are not big enough to admit it. I'll say this one more time.....there were no televised games that season.

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I am sorry awf that you are wrong. I went to JPScott's website and verified that UK did indeed use a loophole to show tape delayed games. Here is the quote and link:

When UK was put on probation in the late 1980's, they were banned from having their games televised live during the season. Nothing was said about tape delay broadcasts. The local station which held the broadcast rights began to show the games tape delayed around midnight after the game was well over. It turns out that the television ratings for these tape-delayed broadcasts was nearly as high as regular years. The NCAA later changed the rule to forbid showing tape delayed games of teams on probation.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/rulechanges.html

Cannot see Cal helping out fans of a school like IU in a game that does nothing for us and a lot for IU. Don't do it just for the sake of Miller. IU fans don't deserve our program helping the.

We MUST play them if they're willing to accept our stipulation that all games be played on neutral courts. Otherwise, we look like we're afraid of them.

Only time I have heard aftraid to play is when UL wanted a home and home.

Bert I was wrong. You were right. Please accept my apology.

kght_by_manoluv-dapf064.jpg

I'd rather play Arizona, Michigan State, Duke, etc. every year instead of Indiana. They had their chance and acted like complete buffoons when they won. They don't deserve us playing them.
We play Duke MSU and Kansas on a rotating basis, do you watch UK basketball?

If only IU fans were as civilized as uk fans...you know, the ones who called in death threats to a referee and tried to ruin his personal business.

Reactions: Da_Bull
If only IU fans were as civilized as uk fans...you know, the ones who called in death threats to a referee and tried to ruin his personal business.

Yeah, it's not like we adored a POS as coach while he was winning, and then decided his behavior was unacceptable when he started losing.

Yeah, that is real classy there, IU fans.

Reactions: preacherfan
No, you just adore one now that you all called a cheater before uk hired him.

Which Calipari, of course, was cleared of any wrongdoing by the NCAA.

While there are years of footage showing the truth of Bobby Knight.

Oh yeah, did you happen to catch Outside The Lines Sunday morning.

Apparently, the culture of abusing student athletes at Indiana wasn't just a Bobby Knight problem. Must just be something about the culture at IU itself.

Here's the link to the story. Very disturbing. Well, at least it is to me, seeing young kids being shamed and embarrassed into practicing even when dealing with serious injuries.

Once again, keep it classy IU fans.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...letic-medical-staffers-went-hoosiers-football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT