ADVERTISEMENT

Improvement in facilities.

Aug 27, 2016
Where (if anywhere) does the football program need upgrades to facilities? Realizing what was recently upgraded, is there more that should be done? Just curious. Already ranked among top twenty.

Where (if anywhere) does the football program need upgrades to facilities? Realizing what was recently upgraded, is there more that should be done? Just curious. Already ranked among top twenty.
This will probably never happen because of shrinking attendance in sports, but I have always wanted to get rid of the corner luxury boxes and move them to the sidelines on top of the stadium opposite the press box and bowl in one end of the upper deck. I doubt that will ever happen because the return on that investment would probably be very poor in today's environment. I do think it would dramatically improve the look of the stadium though.

This will probably never happen because of shrinking attendance in sports, but I have always wanted to get rid of the corner luxury boxes and move them to the sidelines on top of the stadium opposite the press box and bowl in one end of the upper deck. I doubt that will ever happen because the return on that investment would probably be very poor in today's environment. I do think it would dramatically improve the look of the stadium though.
Keep winning and it will happen.

I think the indoor practice facility is getting some miles on it. Others probably have a better take on that then me.
when it was built, it was one of, if not the largest in the country because it incorporated an indoor track as well. I'm not sure who has built indoor facilities since with the same thing, but most of the ones I see are football only facilities with small sidelines. I think and upgrade to a sportsturf type field in there that matches the playing field in the stadium would be a nice upgrade, and could be done fairly economically you would think, since drainage isn't as big of an issue. They should build in the crown of the field as well.

I really have no ideal what needs to be upgraded but they need to do something every year. It doesn’t have to be major as I think all of the major pieces are in place. With the way schools are spending money on football UK has to keep up this time instead of waiting 20 years to invest.

when it was built, it was one of, if not the largest in the country because it incorporated an indoor track as well. I'm not sure who has built indoor facilities since with the same thing, but most of the ones I see are football only facilities with small sidelines. I think and upgrade to a sportsturf type field in there that matches the playing field in the stadium would be a nice upgrade, and could be done fairly economically you would think, since drainage isn't as big of an issue. They should build in the crown of the field as well.
I thought they just redid the field about 3 years ago...when initially built you could have three or 4 things going on in there at the same time. Still a very nice place and looks like it has been maintained well. I know several indoor track sec championships have been held there if I'm not mistaken.

Those things have been an eye sore since built.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
`
Our practice complex/exercise facility is one of the best in our league, and won’t need much upgrading outside the usual small stuff for at least several years. The staff offices are nice. Our football stadium is good, but improvements can always be made in a stadium to optimize the fan experience.

It’s a constant process. Can’t rest on your laurels. Not in this league. I hope we don’t sit back and get satisfied about the ‘investments’ we’ve made in football, because they mean absolutely zero unless you’re doing them on a consistent recurring basis.

`

Our practice complex/exercise facility is one of the best in our league, and won’t need much upgrading outside the usual small stuff for at least several years. The staff offices are nice. Our football stadium is good, but improvements can always be made in a stadium to optimize the fan experience.
There has been conversation regarding building a structure similar to the one on the south side.

It’s a constant process. Can’t rest on your laurels. Not in this league. I hope we don’t sit back and get satisfied about the ‘investments’ we’ve made in football, because they mean absolutely zero unless you’re doing them on a consistent recurring basis.

I doubt if our "top twenty" status lasted very long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT