ADVERTISEMENT

I'm so sick of some our fans...

bigblue_07

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
laughing and making fun of bam and fox for crying and being upset . Seen some crap on twitter and Facebook tonight. Those boys fought their guts out for 40 minutes and represented our university and for them to be called babies and what not is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong basketball means very little in the game of life but to sit and ridicule kids is absolutely trash.

They aren't UK fans if they would act like that. How could anyone be so insane.

Our team didn't play well (clearly). Almost everybody (except role players Hawkins and Humpy) left a lot to be desired.

BUT, they fought. That cannot be denied. I loved the way they fought in this tournament.

Poor shooting, the referees, and a team that shouldn't have even been allowed in the tournament just stood in their way.

This team drove a lot of us crazy on this site, but they were a good bunch of kids. They never gave up, listened to their coach and just got a bad draw. Another example why we should not question Calipari. UNC was a good team, 5 stars that stay 4 years (yes, I know Roy stinks), but it shows what Cal's system can do, take these talented kids and challenge the most experienced of teams no matter what.

People actually think those people are real fans? Just because you say you're a fan or post on twitter or a message board doesn't automatically make you a real fan. You know if you are or not and anybody who is knows what I mean. The others are just followers.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Look, I'm back from the game and wasn't going to post, but f it.

To hell with all of this bullshit. Fans are fans. These "kids" are set to be multi millionaires in a few months. They are supposed to be pros right now, in case you forgot. They don't need your coddling bullshit they can handle themselves. UK basketball is die hard and if you can't handle that as a fan, find a new team. You aren't the table setter of fans reactions and you sure as hell won't stop it. Our fans make our program great, specifically the "nuts". Cal isn't here because of easy go give a F fans, he's here because of the die hard nature and challenge of this job. After uk fans did what they did this weekend and showed up in droves the last people that need to be called out are fans for a few die heads expressing emotion. Just f'n deal with or root for a team with no expectations and a smaller fan base.

To hell with all of this bullshit. Fans are fans. These "kids" are set to be multi millionaires in a few months. They are supposed to be pros right now, in case you forgot. They don't need your coddling bullshit they can handle themselves. UK basketball is die hard and if you can't handle that as a fan, find a new team. You aren't the table setter of fans reactions and you sure as hell won't stop it. Our fans make our program great, specifically the "nuts". Cal isn't here because of easy go give a F fans, he's here because of the die hard nature and challenge of this job. After uk fans did what they did this weekend and showed up in droves the last people that need to be called out are fans for a few die heads expressing emotion. Just f'n deal with or root for a team with no expectations and a smaller fan base.

You're what's wrong with Kentucky basketball! Get over yourself!

I hope Coach Cal leaves one day & ky basketball sucks for years to just watch fans like you roll around in misery & to remind you how good we had it.

Reactions: WildMoon

Sigh.

Reactions: bigblue_07

That is the dumbest response ever. So it's ok to bask kids for playing their heart out and crying? Because they are going to millionaires? Pro's will cry too over titles lost

people who bash players for crying never put their heart into anything.

Fox crying is a proof that he worked harder than he ever has, and amount of hours he put into it. I have that situation one time. Hours and hours of hard work, in a competition. Pretty much everyone that doesn't win tears up.

I get depressed at times, because i haven't put that much effort into anything since.

Also for poster above. Making millions doesn't equate to happiness. Also, them making millions in the future has absolutely NOTHING to do with them now. Kind of stupid to even bring that up.

Reactions: chevyman 50

A little bit extreme but you got a point.

I hope Coach Cal leaves one day & ky basketball sucks for years to just watch fans like you roll around in misery & to remind you how good we had it.
No, he's the type of fan that BBN needs more of. And he never said it was alright to laugh at our guys for crying.

You can call this as good as you want but I'd take the results of the 90's over what's happened so far in the 2010's. Not to mention the other truely great times in our history.

Reactions: wentzel25

I'm not sure how your post remotely addresses the OP's point about fans who were mocking UK players. Are you saying it's perfectly acceptable to mock UK players when they don't meet your expectation?

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
No, he's the type of fan that BBN needs more of. And he never said it was alright to laugh at our guys for crying.

You can call this as good as you want but I'd take the results of the 90's over what's happened so far in the 2010's. Not to mention the other truely great times in our history.

The point of the thread is about mocking the players. Not about coddling players. Two different arguments, and yet, unsurprisingly, you've failed to differentiate them.

Dude I totally agree that we don't need to tone down our expectations or anything like that. UK is the best and I want it to remain so.

But I think it's reasonable to say that Fox, Monk and the rest tried their best. And that to say otherwise would be both wrong and needlessly hurtful.

I'm not slamming you. Just making sure we are on the same page here.

Reactions: Mike-D
Honestly, in the heat of logging on I saw this post ridiculing our fans and didn't see the details. I love that fox and some of the team are crying.

But the constant eating of our own is ridiculous and that I guess can be taken as a larger point albeit I was off on context.

That is the dumbest response ever. So it's ok to bask kids for playing their heart out and crying? Because they are going to millionaires? Pro's will cry too over titles lost

Not what I was addressing and I have no problem with players crying. To be honest, if someone is laughing at that then they probably aren't UK fans in the first place.

Nah, you can take yourself and cheer for another team son. This is how it's gonna be and the overwhelming majority of fans like it. We're not going backwards, only forward. So take your little snide remarks and carry your arse somewhere else. UK doesn't need you. They were here long before you and they'll be here long after your negative, smug arse is gone. Now hit the road.

The point of the thread is about mocking the players. Not about coddling players. Two different arguments, and yet, unsurprisingly, you've failed to differentiate them.
That's because he's a backwards hick who's stuck in the 90's. I wish the mods would ban his dumb arse.

The dumbass fans who are bashing these kids for crying are probably the same ones who were bitching a few weeks ago that the kids 'didn't care' when they were struggling....smh

That clip is hard to watch,hell I feel the same way they do.I respect Fox for saying what he said because there is no doubt it came from the heart.Yeah they will all make a lot of money in a short time but the hurt is real.

I've been a fan for nearly 60 years and felt like they felt more times than I care to count.Us oldtimers have been there and done that and if we are still around next season we will come back for more without a second thought.

The dumbass fans who are bashing these kids for crying are probably the same ones who were bitching a few weeks ago that the kids 'didn't care' when they were struggling....smh
I was thinking something similar. Can you imagine if they walked off the court with a smile on their face, or showed no concern or emotion during the post game interviews??

We lost. It sucks. It's over. Cry. Whine. Do whatever you gotta do. I'm ****in pissed. It doesn't change anything.

Reactions: morgousky
One of Cal's best traits is his ability to judge character. Starts early on in the recruitment of the kids. This is how he is able to get results from these young kids without having egos getting in the way.

Reactions: Aike
Any person who is going to bash a kid for crying is a complete and utter misterable f---. Our kids this year gave their heart and soul to this team and us fans. Elite 8. Great season and a great run. Coach Cal does a great job with new talent and you bash the kids (future millionaires or not) for crying and showing heart. Just go root for Loserville or something, their fans will probably understand your philosophy.

They are not true fans if they make fun of some one crying if its in BB or life, some of the kids will be millionaries but really this has nothing to do with this game.

laughing and making fun of bam and fox for crying and being upset . Seen some crap on twitter and Facebook tonight. Those boys fought their guts out for 40 minutes and represented our university and for them to be called babies and what not is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong basketball means very little in the game of life but to sit and ridicule kids is absolutely trash.
Classy fans you have

I think Fox really turned the corner and bought in the last few weeks. Will miss him, Bam, and Hawkins

I haven't seen anyone bashing these kids for crying. If they are, then that's truly pathetic.

At the same time, I don't believe I've ever heard a UK fan say they hope "ky basketball sucks for years..."
Not sure you have any business deciding who is & isn't a UK fan because you certainly are not one.

This is actually the first I've heard of anyone mocking them -- though I'm out of the country and pretty disconnected. But no true fan would do that, only fly-by-night bandwagoners or trolls.

Except the "point" he's making has nothing to do with the OP's point. It's a totally different argument.

Some of you are just too drunk tonight to think straight, it appears.

Please don't disrespect a solid drunk that way! The alcohol isn't changing them for the worse. These ideas were already there. I love UK basketball. When losses happen, I want to know the team tried hard and they feel it too. That's our connection. No one argues that the team is celebrating too much on the amazing wins....

Don't come here. Won't see things you don't like. Save self some stress. Live happier life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT