ADVERTISEMENT

If we were to get all three back...

I like the potential if all return and this team shoots as well from the perimeter as many expect that they will. I have no sources but feel better about the chances of this happening.

Just based on the overwhelming talent we have had. I like Cal a lot, but I am a Kentucky Wildcat fan first, unlike others on here. Bottom line is this, Cal has blown many opportunities for more rings. We had the nations best roster his 1st year with Wall and Cousins, no championship, we had the best roster in 2015, no championship, we struggled in 2014 and Arron Harrison went superman in the tourney and got us to the title game, but we get beat by the worst championship team of all time somehow, point being, no championship that year either.
I feel we also had the best roster in 2017, but I won't include that one because UNC's roster was just as good and we would have beaten them if not for that disgraceful referee in my opinion. The point here, if you do not think Cal has underachieved in comparison to the talent he has had, then you have an agenda or you are wearing Cal tinted glasses.
Please guys don't come at me with all the final fours we have been to, I want titles instead. Cal started all of this by implying we were gonna catch UCLA, so don't tell me my standards are too high either.

As a fan as gung ho and as informed as you seem to be and actually giving acknowledgement to the 17 team being hosed by Higgins but you fail to acknowledge the other things that handicapped Cal's other potential national title teams. Things like in 2011 what if Enis Kanter plays. No way does UConn contain both Kanter and Jones down low. Then look at 14 WCS gets hurt his 5 fouls alone and amazing defense most likely tip the scales over another stellar officiating job by Higgins. 2015 that team never was close to as dominant after Poythress blows his knee in Jan. Wonder what his being the best defender and 5 fouls could have meant against Wisc in yet another stellar officiating job by Higgins. Just saying more tourney wins by any coach in the same time frame hear. I guess I'm just saying according to your own logic towards the 17 season that your opinion that Cal has underachieved is odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatfanMike47
As a fan as gung ho and as informed as you seem to be and actually giving acknowledgement to the 17 team being hosed by Higgins but you fail to acknowledge the other things that handicapped Cal's other potential national title teams. Things like in 2011 what if Enis Kanter plays. No way does UConn contain both Kanter and Jones down low. Then look at 14 WCS gets hurt his 5 fouls alone and amazing defense most likely tip the scales over another stellar officiating job by Higgins. 2015 that team never was close to as dominant after Poythress blows his knee in Jan. Wonder what his being the best defender and 5 fouls could have meant against Wisc in yet another stellar officiating job by Higgins. Just saying more tourney wins by any coach in the same time frame hear. I guess I'm just saying according to your own logic towards the 17 season that your opinion that Cal has underachieved is odd.
Injuries happen to every team, every year. Poytress was not one of our top 6 players when he got injured, so try again. In 2011 we had a far superior roster to that Uconn team, even without Kanter. I could keep going, but your likes received versus your total messages comparison tells me that you are not bursting with great ideas anyway.

If we were to get all three back, see ya in the Final 4..probably even in the National Title game. No excuses.

Injuries happen to every team, every year. Poytress was not one of our top 6 players when he got injured, so try again. In 2011 we had a far superior roster to that Uconn team, even without Kanter. I could keep going, but your likes received versus your total messages comparison tells me that you are not bursting with great ideas anyway.
Look man, you make some legit points here, but the posts to likes ratio means nothing. The likes didn’t even become part of this until 4-5 years ago. Dablueman started posting in 2003.

This isn’t a popularity contest. If I wanted tons of likes, I would constantly blow sunshine up everyone’s rectums and constantly agree with them.

Two of the best posters here are KyfaninNC and Morgousky, and I can promise you they couldn’t care less about people liking their posts.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Look man, you make some legit points here, but the posts to likes ratio means nothing. The likes didn’t even become part of this until 4-5 years ago. Dablueman started posting in 2003.

This isn’t a popularity contest. If I wanted tons of likes, I would constantly blow sunshine up everyone’s rectums and constantly agree with them.

Two of the best posters here are KyfaninNC and Morgousky, and I can promise you they couldn’t care less about people liking their posts.
I couldn't care less about likes either. However, the guy I was responding to was being smug, so yea. Surely you noticed that? I have noticed we agree on most everything, even on the likes thing.I just feel that if the poster I was talking to is always that rude to others, that could be the reason for the lack of likes.

Last edited:

The guy is either a Cal hater or troll. Almost certainly a retread.

Listen,I said it would be Cal's best roster IF we get everyone back, which I don't think we will. Of course I have not seen a game played yet, but is that not what hypotheticals are for? It is a down time of the year so why not? To me,a message board is the perfect place to compare teams when it is a down time in the year for Kentucky sports. I stick with what I said, if we get everyone back, and I understand that is a huge if, it will be Cal's deepest and most complete team. If you really think about the lineups that we could put on the floor, maybe you would come to your senses.
Even if we get everyone back, it’s still an easy “no”. We lack a truly elite talent. Our returnees would have to improve more than is likely or the freshman coming in would have to significantly outperform expectations. At best it’s fourth.

Didn’t Cal say he would never platoon again? Yes, he did. Any questions now why these guys are leaving when they are not nearly ready?
Again, the lazy argument of “he pushes guys out”. You ever get tired of repeating yourself?

Disagree. Kamba was and still is clearly the best player, plus they had several other guys who ended up good like Lamb, Napier, and Oriakhi.

Cal is building this roster nicely. The guys he has now are not going number 1 overall, which I'm fine with. Hopefully a guy like iq will have to stick around an extra yr to go with herro and whoever else comes back. We have no idea what we're getting with the guys coming in. There is no kat type guy that's a clear top 3 pick. I think cal plans on having some guys back after the upcoming season and will get one of the top 2 bigs in lexington.

@morgousky likes his likes. He keeps a list.

We platoon man. Where we're you before he got hurt he was our best defender and woulda been who we put on the Wisc SF who killed us. A regular fan knew we platooned meaning Poythress played at least 20 min

In 2011 we started a 2 star center and a former walkon was our back up pg. I think the 2011 UConn team had as many pros as our 2011 team.

Or u could realize I have been a memember since 03 and dont post alot. More than 3/4 of my posts were before the Likes button existed

If he's cardsstink (he is) I do not like him. It's weird though, his posting style is totally different under this handle.

I’m saying that you like to get likes. But this guy isn’t very likable, no matter who he might have been. Or at least this character isn’t very likable. Might be a really great guy or gal underneath there. Or Russian bot.

I’m saying that you like to get likes. But this guy isn’t very likable, no matter who he might have been. Or at least this character isn’t very likable. Might be a really great guy or gal underneath there. Or Russian bot.

I don't even see my likes. Couldn't tell you how many I have honestly. Nice theory Aike, but no cigar.

If he's cardsstink (he is) I do not like him. It's weird though, his posting style is totally different under this handle.
DId you just not say in another post that there was "no way" I was cardstink? Interesting you do not like me? That is strange since we agree on most things.

I don't even see my likes. Couldn't tell you how many I have honestly. Nice theory Aike, but no cigar.

I see sexual harassment in both of your futures lol

We platoon man. Where we're you before he got hurt he was our best defender and woulda been who we put on the Wisc SF who killed us. A regular fan knew we platooned meaning Poythress played at least 20 min
Please don't use the P word anymore. I'm still suffering from ptsd four years ago, not trying to relive it

DId you just not say in another post that there was "no way" I was cardstink? Interesting you do not like me? That is strange since we agree on most things.

I like your posting style better with this account. I'll give you that.

And I did say there was no way until I received information that basically verified who you are. I don't believe it to be wrong.

I am not likeable because I do not take the bullying on here lying down. I do not think you would like me in real life either then because I have never been one to take lip from others here in the flesh either. Don't worry though I would get along with pretty much everyone on here in real life, because in reality people are not nearly as tough as they try to be hiding behind a keyboard. I have never seen a cyber community like this one before where you have such a bullying mentality; especially to their own people.

I like your posting style better with this account. I'll give you that.

And I did say there was no way until I received information that basically verified who you are. I don't believe it to be wrong.
lol...well, I can tell you that I have no clue who cardsstink is, I have not had an account on here in years and back then it was like Ilovemycats56 ...or something like that. That was around 6 or 7 years ago however, so doubt you remember me. So,I do not know what type of info you got, but I can promise you that it was very wrong.

I am not likeable because I do not take the bullying on here lying down. I do not think you would like me in real life either then because I have never been one to take lip from others here in the flesh either. Don't worry though I would get along with pretty much everyone on here in real life, because in reality people are not nearly as tough as they try to be hiding behind a keyboard. I have never seen a cyber community like this one before where you have such a bullying mentality; especially to their own people.
Great post. I do think most posters on here would actually get along fine drinking beers together and talking sports.

People lose their minds when they’re posting anonymously.

lol...well, I can tell you that I have no clue who cardsstink is, I have not had an account on here in years and back then it was like Ilovemycats56 ...or something like that. That was around 6 or 7 years ago however, so doubt you remember me. So,I do not know what type of info you got, but I can promise you that it was very wrong.

Would make more sense. Posting styles are not alike

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56

Whatever, chief. Keep playing your little games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT