ADVERTISEMENT

If Tre Had Been Healthy

how do you see yesterdays game playing out? I liked our lineup!
It all depends on how he'd been used, particularly in a rotation..I think his back injury clearly diminished his effectiveness...hopefully he can come back completely healthy, since he's proven he can be a weapon from the perimeter as well as drag players away from the rim on a switch.

Hard to say we needed him yesterday. I would love to see him back at 100% but giving us no more than 15-17 minutes a game.

He’s a nice piece, but I’ve never thought he was the type of guy we should lean on to deliver wins.

Mitchell needs to play 20-25 minutes, at most.

He is not a 30-35 minute a game player. Especially with Thiero available.

Reactions: gharding07
I wonder if there’s not some unspoken acknowledgment going on behind the scenes that Tre maxed out in what he could contribute, and he needed to become more of a support piece. I will always be grateful for Mitchell. He was invaluable at making the early season cohesive and exciting. I still think he’s very important to the personality/mentality of the team, but I don’t think he fits the on court product very well going forward.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Yeah, I’m not sure he fits into a speedier lineup.
Why do you say that? He was playing 35+ minutes earlier when he was healthy and we were scoring tons of points and playing at a very fast pace. If he's healthy he gives us much needed big man depth, I'd love to have him back.

Why do you say that? He was playing 35+ minutes earlier when he was healthy and we were scoring tons of points and playing at a very fast pace. If he's healthy he gives us much needed big man depth, I'd love to have him back.
I just see him more as a back to the basket, fade away jumper guy, not as much an aggressive driver. The LSU game was more his style.

Reactions: NociHTTP
That’s the post OP is looking for.
You are right; that's what he was looking for. But it's also true that Z likely wouldn't have played and I doubt Mitchell would have equaled Z's 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Of course we'd have still won but it might have been closer since we blew them out when Z was on the floor.

I just see him more as a back to the basket, fade away jumper guy, not as much an aggressive driver. The LSU game was more his style.
I get that but he also was hitting 3's when healthy, a very good passer, good floor leadership and one of leading rebounders in SEC before injuries. Pretty valuable qualities. As I said, he woukd add great depth to our front court and I'd much rather have him than Bradshaw.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I love that small-ball lineup we've been clamoring for:

Z
Edwards
Reeves
Rob
Reed

With Wagner, Mitchell, Thiero, Onyenso off the bench.

There's your rotation from here on out. 28 points in 6 minutes is better than the Sacramento Kings level.

Reactions: Mike-D
The big in the first half that ended the game was Wagner, Reeves, Edwards, Dillingham and Z. Then Sheppard came in for the end of it.

If Mitchell plays he probably cuts into Edwards minutes. We still win but like we did.

Besides his scoring Edwards got 2 man rebounds that Mitchell would have never gotten. And he got a big steal that Mitchell would never get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT