ADVERTISEMENT

If Stoops returns, next year will be way worse

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
Surely, this is Stoops' last year. This year looks like a disaster but next year will be even worse if he returns. Look at what we lose after this year. A lot of good seniors and a few guys who may go pro early.

WR- Key, Brown and Maclin could all go pro early or will surely transfer to a team that can throw for more than 30 yards. If this happens, our best WR's will be Brown-Stephens and Gilmore. We literally have no other scholarship players except Farrier and Fr Washington.
OL- Mincey (who was good at UT but sucks here-hmm), Eli Cox, Marques Cox, Ford - These guys may not be all world but we have very little behind them because our recruiting here has been abysmal so next year could be even worse. J Burton may be our top returner- barf.
TE- None expected unless Dingle transfers again.
RB- Top two RB's Trayanum and DSK.
DL- Deone (pro), Oxendine, Henry-Young, Rybka, Hayes- Yikes, our best unit loses a lot after this year.
LB- Dumas Johnson, Rayner, Jackson, Weaver- Yikes, three really good LB's gone.
DB- Hairston (pro), Story, Childress
K- Raynor

Next year you also have more swing games on the road (SC, auburn and Vandy) while having more loseable home games (Texas, UT and Ole Miss). Uga and UL on road as well.

Reactions: seccats04
I’m not sure why this would be Stoops last year, his contract is through 2031. I don’t see him walking away from that, I don’t see a buyout and I don’t see any other program hitting him away. Like it or not, he’s here to stay a while.
Maybe, but he said something probably a couple of years ago when he was talking about his brother Bob walking away when he was in his prime because of quality of life or something to that effect. I really don’t think he’ll stick around if things get ugly around here this year.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
I’m not sure why this would be Stoops last year, his contract is through 2031. I don’t see him walking away from that, I don’t see a buyout and I don’t see any other program hiring him away. Like it or not, he’s here to stay a while.
The Murray state game on Nov. 16 might draw 20,000 people if this season goes as i suspect which is to be sitting at 3-6 or 2-7. Fan apathy will set in at some point, I mean it’s pretty much here already after week 2. Stoops needs to do something other than coach UK next season however that comes to pass. If he is still here in 25 that will definitely be his last year as neither this year or next will be bowl seasons. Doubtful he gets 10 wins between the 2 seasons combined.

I’m not sure why this would be Stoops last year, his contract is through 2031. I don’t see him walking away from that, I don’t see a buyout and I don’t see any other program hiring him away. Like it or not, he’s here to stay a while.
I’ve had a gut feeling since the Texas A&M debacle, this would be his last year at UK. After two mediocre seasons and then bitching about NIL I think he’ll either retire or head to another school to rebuild if he has another bad year here. Fan support is super low.

By the way, all three things you mentioned in your post about Stoops not leaving was said about Cal and then poof, Cal was gone.

Stoops isn't going anywhere because he doesn't have anywhere to go. I honestly don't know how UK gets out of this one. I don't see Stoops leaving and he can't be fired so....

Reactions: RunninRichie
Too early to be talking about this. But just for shits and goggles…..

The fanbase screamed to the heavens to fire cal and Mitch wasn’t gonna pay 30m to do it. Guess what it would cost to fire stoops, 44 million biggins. So yall gotta stop wasting your time with this talk about firing

Too early to be talking about this. But just for shits and goggles…..

The fanbase screamed to the heavens to fire cal and Mitch wasn’t gonna pay 30m to do it. Guess what it would cost to fire stoops, 44 million biggins. So yall gotta stop wasting your time with this talk about firing
Well John Cals address isn’t Lexington Ky anyone either .. more ways to force a coach to move on than a firing .

Reactions: Phil_The_Music
Well John Cals address isn’t Lexington Ky anyone either .. more ways to force a coach to move on than a firing .
Stoops has a great relationship with Mitch and the boosters. Cal did not. But to you point, he almost left last year. Here’s the thing with that, he was being pursued. A 4 win season won’t blow his agents phone up. My guess is he will milk it until retirement or he’s convinced to renegotiate that buyout. Mitch will be patient with him.

Reactions: BlueBallz
How does admin keep making the same mistake ? Giving long term contracts to old coaches who are on their way out ? Mitch does some good things but the Cal contract and giving some mediocre dude like Stoops the brinks truck and 1/2 of Fort Knox was sooo dumb .

Because Mitch convinces himself that other people were going to poach our coaches and we must keep them at all costs. Understandable with Cal pre-2020 but with Stoops it became laughable.

I’ve had a gut feeling since the Texas A&M debacle, this would be his last year at UK. After two mediocre seasons and then bitching about NIL I think he’ll either retire or head to another school to rebuild if he has another bad year here. Fan support is super low.

By the way, all three things you mentioned in your post about Stoops not leaving was said about Cal and then poof, Cal was gone.
The one difference is that Calipari still had enough credibility to entice a top 20 basketball program to take him. If this season goes where it looks like it's going, no Arkansas is going to come calling for Stoops. No Florida, no Baylor, no Ole Miss if Kiffin leaves there, etc.

After a 4 win season, will another team pay you 9 million? He will be back with the same BS offensive line blocking and a scared QB

JHMO .. they want to find a violation in the code of ethics or the contract .. easy peasy . I've seen it happen to myself and to too many others . corporate wants you gone ... you gone .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT