ADVERTISEMENT

If Kentucky doesn’t win tonight

I would like to see us win every game from now on. But, there is a reasonable issue that if we win a couple games, a game or two in the SEC and NCAA tourney it keeps the status-quo in place rather than a change.
Yes, if you keep feeding the Park Animals they will never leave. We need to Shoo the Calapari Raccoon off the porch while the getting is good.

Reactions: know1
I would like to see us win every game from now on. But, there is a reasonable issue that if we win a couple games, a game or two in the SEC and NCAA tourney it keeps the status-quo in place rather than a change.
This is where I am. I root like hell for us to win every game. I would never root against the Cats. However, if we lose a game, it's much easier to get over because it's one step closer to making a change.

Change is hard, and there are usually growing pains for a time before you get to the end state.

It's bad if we lose tonight. Well, I guess it's already pretty bad, but it will be REALLY bad if this is another loss.

CATS lose tonight this board will be nuts. I want them too win but if CCC doesn’t put his players in position to win I don’t have much hope unless the other team is terrible.

CATS lose tonight?

iu

The question is, how fast can Calipari and Barnhart get out of town?

Reactions: catzcan and BigKari
Feels like a “no way they lose” game normally, but I’m not convinced this team cares all that much about winning.
That's the problem I'm having. How many on this team care? It doesn't seem like his Highness is too worried. Hopefully there are enough players that do care. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Kentucky isn't losing to Ole Miss tonight.
I think they win comfortably. But they might be NIT bound even with a win.
Ole Miss beat nobody out of conference. They aren't good. I don't care about Net ranking and all that BS. They aren't good at all. Beating them proves nothing.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Kentucky isn't losing to Ole Miss tonight.
I think they win comfortably. But they might be NIT bound even with a win.
Ole Miss beat nobody out of conference. They aren't good. I don't care about Net ranking and all that BS. They aren't good at all. Beating them proves nothing.
It doesn't prove anything or help.

But a loss actively hurts. If the goal is making the tournament, we need to win the easy games the rest of the way.

If we lose tonight, I don't see how anyone can expect us to win anything going forward. 4 straight losses at home, in a season where no one can win on the road, is just a disaster.

Reactions: BigKari and teli
It doesn't prove anything or help.

But a loss actively hurts. If the goal is making the tournament, we need to win the easy games the rest of the way.
I don't think beating Ole Miss, Vandy and Arkansas is enough to make the tournament. Obviously they can't be losing to those teams. But outside of those 3 games. I'm not sure they have a win left. They will likely win one of the other 5. Maybe.

I don't think beating Ole Miss, Vandy and Arkansas is enough to make the tournament. Obviously they can't be losing to those teams. But outside of those 3 games. I'm not sure they have a win left. They will likely win one of the other 5. Maybe.
I think 4-4 PROBABLY gets us in. A lot of 8-9 seeds have historically had 11-12 losses.

But if we lose tonight, we're not going to win 4 of the lat 7.

As a predictor, most likely.

As a solid barrier, no. Every year there are more top-tier losses in late Feb/early March than expected and things that seemed impossible in January or mid February suddenly look possible.

Even if we lose tonight and put the exclamation point on embarrassing home meltdowns this season, if we actually win out after that we are not only in but probably no worse than a six seed at the very worst.

Wins at Auburn, over Alabama, and at Tennessee plus in all likelihood one more signature win in the SECT, added to our UNC win, make at minimum four wins over top-10 NET opponents, two of them in their own gyms, and provide a little better than that with the semifinal SECT game. Even with our pathetic mass of losses, the selection committee would not find 25 teams better than that this year, even though they would surely try. Also, officially they’ve been saying for a decade they no longer weight late-season momentum when seeding. But that is a fool’s approach to seeding and surely sane minds on that committee will always work against it silently as much as they can. Ending on a ten-game winning streak would make the whole national conversation about almost nothing but how Cal’s baby team grew up and that would affect the committee, at least enough to make the splits that would keep us from falling below a six seed when considering alternative candidates against us head to head.

But realistically we are not going to win out after tonight. And a loss tonight would just be one more indication of that.

I think 4-4 PROBABLY gets us in. A lot of 8-9 seeds have historically had 11-12 losses.

But if we lose tonight, we're not going to win 4 of the lat 7.
Long shot but maybe we do go back to small ball and turn the corner in the season. Unlikely but UCONN did it last season. They lost 6 of 8 games in the middle of conference play and 4 in a row at one point. Only to go 8-1 in remaining regular season games and lost in 2nd round of Big East Tournament to Marquette. After that the rest is history, won 6 straight and cut down the nets. It's possible, regardless of what thr Legion of Doom wants to say. I'm sure UCONN fans felt the same when they loss 6 of 7 games and 4 straight at this same point in the season.

Long shot but maybe we do go back to small ball and turn the corner in the season. Unlikely but UCONN did it last season. They lost 6 of 8 games in the middle of conference play and 4 in a row at one point. Only to go 8-1 in remaining regular season games and lost in 2nd round of Big East Tournament to Marquette. After that the rest is history, won 6 straight and cut down the nets. It's possible, regardless of what thr Legion of Doom wants to say. I'm sure UCONN fans felt the same when they loss 6 of 7 games and 4 straight at this same point in the season.
I think we’ll be able to tell from the starting line up if Cal is serious about this change, or if it’s just lip service.

Reactions: BigKari
Will be interesting to see with the 9pm tip and the debacle last Saturday what the crowd turnout looks like. Will the lower bowl be filled, or will there be folks dressed up like empty seats.

I agreed with the thread that was saying Ivisic and Bradshaw would be dropped from the rotation. They both need to return (Bradshaw would probably transfer) and learn how to play the college game. They both got late starts and we don’t have any more time for them to catch up unfortunately. Onyenso understood the expectations and has earned his spot in the rotation. Finding minutes for 3 bigs has been a killer, especially since 2 of them play worse than zero defense.

Sheppard - 34
Dillingham - 30
Reeves - 34
Mitchell - 30
Onyenso- 18

Thiero - 22
Wagner - 18
Edwards - 14

No bigs off the bench but decent size. If there’s foul trouble and some size is needed I’d prefer to go to Burks and just keep Z and Bradshaw out.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT