ADVERTISEMENT

If Duke loses tonight and UK wins Sat.

We have to jump them if we win and they lose, no doubt. I don't know that I have ever seen the discrepancy we have in AP/Coaches vs Ken Pom. Sagarin has it right, people need to realize that.

Side note...
I love our program and our coach. I really hope Cal gets #2 here, he deserves it. I honestly think the guy is as good as you can get when you factor in the whole package.

Duke will still have a better record than us. They won’t drop them that far.

Reactions: Blueaz
I don't like Duke but they have played a tougher schedule and will have less losses than us. We shouldnt be ranked ahead of them. I think we will be a better tourney team this year.

B7GYGvLCAAAvXyT.jpg

Reactions: UKUGA and UKMKG
If anything this game shows us that if we win ugly on the road, we should be happy. Anything can happen on the road no matter who you play. That’s why Tuesday was so big.
Winning on the road in conference is hard as hell. That goes doubly for this season when the difference between the #1 team and the #40 team is maybe 5 points.

I don't like Duke but they have played a tougher schedule and will have less losses than us. We shouldnt be ranked ahead of them. I think we will be a better tourney team this year.
They haven't played a tougher schedule in the least . That is what they want you think but we had a poster ( ride) prove that to be false once the #'s were looked at.

And with them losing by 20 plus we actually will be ahead of them on Monday now . Even the pollsters can't hide Duke now . This is an embarrassment of epic proportions . We at worst will be 8 (and I bet Maryland loses this weekend so we will be 7) and Duke will be right behind us.

Dollars to donuts we're still behind Duke

And It's not because of a conspiracy against UK. Duke has a better record, higher SOS, better wins, and came into tonight the winner of 7 straight. If they cruise this weekend then some funk of this loss will be forgotten.

I hate Duke more than most on this board, but I almost want them to be ranked ahead of us next Monday so I can see the meltdown here. Almost.

Reactions: gharding07
I’m not sure I understand the argument for ranking UK ahead of Duke. What am I missing?

Dollars to donuts we're still behind Duke

And It's not because of a conspiracy against UK. Duke has a better record, higher SOS, better wins, and came into tonight the winner of 7 straight. If they cruise this weekend then some funk of this loss will be forgotten.

I hate Duke more than most on this board, but I almost want them to be ranked ahead of us next Monday so I can see the meltdown here. Almost.
SOS. Dook plays 5 Top 50 teams the entire year including teams still unplayed. We play 11 and are 6-2 with 3 left plus a win over 53rd Miss St. Our schedule blows Dook's joke of a schedule away. 5 Top 50 games all year and one is 45th GU who is 15-10 LMFAO.

Believe it or not.. UK still has a chance at a 1 seed. Baylor/Kansas have two more losses coming, at least. Duke faltering. SDSU/Dayton just need one loss to drop them behind us.

Its very much in play.

SOS. Dook plays 5 Top 50 teams the entire year including teams still unplayed. We play 11 and are 6-2 with 3 left plus a win over 53rd Miss St. Our schedule blows Dook's joke of a schedule away. 5 Top 50 games all year and one is 45th GU who is 15-10 LMFAO.

Duke has a better SOS in BPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, NET and RPI. I'm not saying their SOS is great, but it's better than ours.

I don't like Duke, but I understand numbers. UK played some really awful teams early on, and we lost to one of them.

We can have a better SOS and record compared to Duke by the end of the year, but we ain't talking about that in terms of rankings for next week.

I dont think tonight is enough to bump them below us. But this loss had to happen to open the door.

Just keep winning. A lot of the teams in the top12 have to play each other still, and again in the conference tournament. Teams ahead of us WILL lose.. just have to capitalize.

Reactions: gharding07
Duke has a better SOS in BPI, Kenpom, Sagarin, NET and RPI. I'm not saying their SOS is great, but it's better than ours.

I don't like Duke, but I understand numbers. UK played some really awful teams early on, and we lost to one of them.

We can have a better SOS and record compared to Duke by the end of the year, but we ain't talking about that in terms of rankings for next week.
The bottom line is we are 6-2 against the Top 50 and they are 3-1. Plus their bad losses are getting up there. We aren't the ones being talked about as a lock as a 2 and a shot at a 1. Yet when you breakdown their record it's trash. The SEC has 7 teams in the Top 55, ACC 4 and one is 54th Virginia which is why I made it 55. A week ago it was 7 to 3. The SEC is much harder than the ACC. Plus Dook only had to play U6 and FLST once and both at home and went 1-1.

Dook has now lost to bad teams Clemson, SFA, and NCST. Their only loss that isn't bad is U6. They have 2 losses in Quad 1, 1 in Quad 2 and 1 in Quad 3. We have 3 in Quad 1, 1 in Quad 2 and 1 in Quad 4. We also have the same amount of Quad 1 wins as them yet they are considered the top 2 seed and we are considered a mid to bottom 4 seed. We ain't that far apart when you really break it down. They really should have another bad loss against 92 UNC, but we all know the refs did their job there. It was shameful to even watch it happen so bad to the cheats.

We have to jump them if we win and they lose, no doubt. I don't know that I have ever seen the discrepancy we have in AP/Coaches vs Ken Pom. Sagarin has it right, people need to realize that.

Side note...
I love our program and our coach. I really hope Cal gets #2 here, he deserves it. I honestly think the guy is as good as you can get when you factor in the whole package.

Totally agree. The Cal brand with UK is incredible. With Coach K retiring and Roy on his way out, Self counting his days, if Cal lands a second title and has 7-10 years without those guys in college he’s the face of basketball for the foreseeable future. It could be our next goat easily.

Watch. K will not retire until it’s absolutely necessary. He knows Cal winning a few after he’s done really deals a blow to his public perceptions. If he does it fast coach K becomes a bit of an afterthought.

These guys are ego driven. Not unlike a president not wanting the opposition to undue their legacy, these coaches aren’t much different.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Believe it or not.. UK still has a chance at a 1 seed. Baylor/Kansas have two more losses coming, at least. Duke faltering. SDSU/Dayton just need one loss to drop them behind us.

Its very much in play.

No way is a 1 seed in play. Our ceiling in the net might be 8th if we win out. That’s winning everything. Our seed ceiling is a two if we win out

They haven't played a tougher schedule in the least . That is what they want you think but we had a poster ( ride) prove that to be false once the #'s were looked at.

And with them losing by 20 plus we actually will be ahead of them on Monday now . Even the pollsters can't hide Duke now . This is an embarrassment of epic proportions . We at worst will be 8 (and I bet Maryland loses this weekend so we will be 7) and Duke will be right behind us.

Yes they can...

Reactions: TFCats11
No way is a 1 seed in play. Our ceiling in the net might be 8th if we win out. That’s winning everything. Our seed ceiling is a two if we win out
Yeah a 2 seed is possible but even if Kentucky won out, WAY too many teams would have to implode to make a 1 possible. DAMN that Evansville game...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT