ADVERTISEMENT

If DJ Wagner stays healthy he will be a problem this year.

I do think he will be good. Not great, but good.
When healthy last year he was good.

His 3pt shot wasn't bad. The problem with it was that it was often flat. Usually, a result of trying to get it off quicker (so not get blocked).
But for us I think both Butler and Oweh can match up with his strength pretty well.

J.Davis is going to be their best player.

He's got a LOT to work on. And I'm not ready to think any of his struggles were all that related to "injury". That isn't to say he didn't have some ankle issues that lingered, but more that he wasn't that great before or after the injuries. Not really vocal or a good leader from what I could tell. Chemistry was never really there on the floor with other players. Turnover machine, not a great facilitator.

Hope he has spent the whole offseason perfecting that left handed layup. If the makes it his shooting percentage goes up 20%!!!

When we play Arkansas, we should be able to draw at least 5 charges that game. On offense we should drive the ball because they will not know how to draw a charge, they won't practice that, instead rely on athleticism which will get exposed by a good coach.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I do think he will be good. Not great, but good.
When healthy last year he was good.

His 3pt shot wasn't bad. The problem with it was that it was often flat. Usually, a result of trying to get it off quicker (so not get blocked).
But for us I think both Butler and Oweh can match up with his strength pretty well.

J.Davis is going to be their best player.
Will Cal let him shoot 3s? That’s yet to be seen .

He’s alright but more of a Harrison twin or Briscoe than an electric player like Wall, Fox, Monk, or Dilly.

He will be no better than a 30% 3-point shooter on the optimistic side. If he improves it will be finishing at the rim. I was very disappointed in his ability to finish at the rim last year.
Yup, there’s zero chance for improvement. Look at Immanuel Quickley. Dude averaged 5 points a game on like 37% shooting from the field and 34% for 3 then won SEC Player of the Year over Anthony Edwards the next after improving almost every statistical category. What a joke you haters are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT