ADVERTISEMENT

If Dilly doesn’t play

It would be a huge loss. When the Majority of your class and talent is freshman it only hurts if you lose the one true 5 star point guard talent. Point guards win tournament games.

• Haha
Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Temple transfer Damian Dunn has heard from the following schools since entering the portal, he tells
@On3sports
: Gonzaga Miami NC State Iowa State UConn Auburn Clemson Georgia Maryland Pitt Averaged 15.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists per game this season.

Cal's not even reaching out to guys who are in the portal and would upgrade the roster immediately.

I’d take a 22 yr old power 5 shooter , with 2-3 years of 37% + proven three point percentage , that has a ‘Covid year’ left as soon as I’d take Dillingham. An experienced guy thats played in the NCAA’s and averaged double figures
Exactly.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Growing sentiment that Livingston is gone because he’s unhappy that Cal gave him a starting spot at the position he wanted to play for an entire season and didn’t take enough advantage of it.

That spot, the 3, is now deservedly going to Justin Edwards because he’s actually good at it.

There is and will be a ton of talent in the portal to replace Dillingham and Livingston.
It’s mind blowing to me that we could lose Livingston.

If and I say IF Dillingham doesn't come to Lexington (I still think he does make it) then you better get your ass a PG because DJ Wagner isn't a PG. You can't function without a PG.

Is there anyone in the portal or will be in the portal that you think we will pick up? Just curious.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Growing sentiment that Livingston is gone because he’s unhappy that Cal gave him a starting spot at the position he wanted to play for an entire season and didn’t take enough advantage of it.

That spot, the 3, is now deservedly going to Justin Edwards because he’s actually good at it.

There is and will be a ton of talent in the portal to replace Dillingham and Livingston.
This whole deal with Livingston is unbelievable. Exactly like you said, he started and played the 3, which is what he wanted. Might be an addition by subtraction if he leaves. Don’t really want that kinda BS around the program.

Temple transfer Damian Dunn has heard from the following schools since entering the portal, he tells
@On3sports
: Gonzaga Miami NC State Iowa State UConn Auburn Clemson Georgia Maryland Pitt Averaged 15.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists per game this season.

Cal's not even reaching out to guys who are in the portal and would upgrade the roster immediately.

This could be more a sign of Cal being confident that Dilly is all good to go, and Reeves comes back.

Zero chance the Dunn kid comes here if he sees Wagner, Dilly and Reeves already here to man the 1/2 spots, and Edwards holding down the 3.

Dunn also isn't exactly what you'd call prolific from 3, which if we do bring in another guard, it has to be a guy like Reeves or Grady who can make shots from deep.

Is there anyone in the portal or will be in the portal that you think we will pick up? Just curious.
I've always deferred to Portal info to those closer to program. My friend is, but he doesn't ask about the Portal and thinks it's used to hurt Kentucky recruiting--both the UK media and Portal. There was the infamous Kofi Cockburn talk when Kentucky made a major move with Jalen Duren to help piss on their chances to land him as a prime example.

Many programs like to piss on Kentucky's roster building. UK media takes what they hear and can't tell you how hilarious it is when a name from nowhere gets floated out close to a UK target committing. Just odd and some of the media need to think this out more before talking. But they all want to be "first". Currently there is a lot of misinformation out to **** things up with next year's roster and let things settle. Hell, the players/Cal haven't even met in 80% of the issues being possibly discussed.

I've always deferred to Portal info to those closer to program. My friend is, but he doesn't ask about the Portal and thinks it's used to hurt Kentucky recruiting--both the UK media and Portal. There was the infamous Kofi Cockburn talk when Kentucky made a major move with Jalen Duren to help piss on their chances to land him as a prime example.

Many programs like to piss on Kentucky's roster building. UK media takes what they hear and can't tell you how hilarious it is when a name from nowhere gets floated out close to a UK target committing. Just odd and some of the media need to think this out more before talking. But they all want to be "first". Currently there is a lot of misinformation out to **** things up with next year's roster and let things settle. Hell, the players/Cal haven't even met in 80% of the issues being possibly discussed.

Not getting Kofi sucked. I'll argue that all day that a real coach could have made Oscar and Kofi look.

I'm just letting the cake bake so to speak when it comes to next years roster. It hasn't even been a full week since our last game and people have already written some people off next year like Ugonna and Dillingham. Now might be very well be true but I'm gonna wait a few more days and get some more info before I lose my mind over it. In most cases Cal hasn't even met with them or fresh off meeting them. Just where I'm at with it..

If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Livingston (if he returns)
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
Donde esta el Thiero?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
6 seed isn't 50/50 even making the tournament. If calipari had played the right players from day 1 and no injuries it wouldn't have even been as low as a 6 seed.
They were definitely 50/50 actually closer to 90/10 not making it. Till they finally got some quad 1 wins in February.

This could be more a sign of Cal being confident that Dilly is all good to go, and Reeves comes back.

Zero chance the Dunn kid comes here if he sees Wagner, Dilly and Reeves already here to man the 1/2 spots, and Edwards holding down the 3.

Dunn also isn't exactly what you'd call prolific from 3, which if we do bring in another guard, it has to be a guy like Reeves or Grady who can make shots from deep.

You didn't even mention Sheppard, plus Thiero should get some minutes too.

If Dillingham comes and Livingston returns and plays the 4, we are in really good shape. Dillingham, Wagner, Edwards, Livingston, and Bradshaw gives us a young, but very talented bunch. Bring Reeves off the bench in the sixth man role. Sheppard and Thiero contributing in the backcourt, with Onyenso (hopefully) and Ware up front. That’s a good 10 man roster. Maybe add some depth through the portal.

I just don’t want to have to rely on a bunch of transfers. That has not worked out well for Cal. He’s gotten a lot more transfer duds than studs in his tenure here.

If Dillingham comes and Livingston returns and plays the 4, we are in really good shape. Dillingham, Wagner, Edwards, Livingston, and Bradshaw gives us a young, but very talented bunch. Bring Reeves off the bench in the sixth man role. Sheppard and Thiero contributing in the backcourt, with Onyenso (hopefully) and Ware up front. That’s a good 10 man roster. Maybe add some depth through the portal.

I just don’t want to have to rely on a bunch of transfers. That has not worked out well for Cal. He’s gotten a lot more transfer duds than studs in his tenure here.
They would still need another shooter or shooters

You left out Collins and Fredrick too.

If and I say IF Dillingham doesn't come to Lexington (I still think he does make it) then you better get your ass a PG because DJ Wagner isn't a PG. You can't function without a PG.
100%. People have said that Dillingham and Wagner can’t play together haven’t paid attention to Wagner much . He hasn’t been the PG on his team for at least the last two years in HS or AAU. DJ has been the combo/SG while Cian Medley has been the PG .

Yeah I like it, but would definitely need at least 1 more shooter from the portal with the lineup. Can't have just Reeves as a proven contributor off the bench. Need another guy who has done it. That bench is very weak IMO.

Reactions: delk4three
You left out Collins and Fredrick too.
I figure they are gone. Even if Fredrick came back, he can’t be counted on for much.

I would love to see Collins back. I think he could make a big jump. His father’s passing really set him back. I think he could have an impact this next season.

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
This whole deal with Livingston is unbelievable. Exactly like you said, he started and played the 3, which is what he wanted. Might be an addition by subtraction if he leaves. Don’t really want that kinda BS around the program.
Unfortunately that's the me, me, me culture Cal has created here.

Reactions: cat tat2
It’s mind blowing to me that we could lose Livingston.
If he leaves then he just wanted to be the man and that how he saw himself as a prospect . He’s been one of the top prospects since a kid so I think he may have felt like he was misused at Kentucky although watching him play he was limited as a player . He probably felt held back .

If Thiero gets good minutes next year, we're in trouble IMO (unless he just takes a massive step forward).
Thiero is great defensively but can't shoot at all. How many guys have you seen on the court this tournament that aren't triple threats? It's hard to win with those kinds of guys in modern basketball and it's really hard for UK since we usually only have one shooter on the court at any given time. No wonder we've struggled so much the last few years.

If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Livingston (if he returns)
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
Nahh it wouldn’t be a loss. He’s 160lbs and shoots 33%. Not a loss

Thiero is great defensively but can't shoot at all. How many guys have you seen on the court this tournament that aren't triple threats? It's hard to win with those kinds of guys in modern basketball and it's really hard for UK since we usually only have one shooter on the court at any given time. No wonder we've struggled so much the last few years.

Exactly.

He should be a specialty guy that we can bring in for certain situations to guard the other team's best wings and keep Edwards/Wagner out of foul trouble, might also give us some hustle/effort plays. But he should not be someone we rely on heading into the season.

Cal has Thiero and will probably tell wheeler the team is his.

I got behind a vehicle the other day that had a big sticker on its window that said DILLIGAF. My first thought was that's a strange Irish name. Then I said GAF, oh. As the person sped away from the light, I said do I look like I give a flip.

If only someone close to the Dillingham nonsense in NC could have warned you guys a year ago that Dillingham was unlikely to ever play college ball due to the felon who had become his "mentor" and had been making awful decisions for him.

LOL

• Haha
Reactions: ganner918
You would think but we will replace him with someone who has to learn the system all over again who can’t shoot or dibble. Just SMH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT