ADVERTISEMENT

If Dilly doesn’t play

Mar 21, 2023
If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Livingston (if he returns)
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware

Not a huge loss IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have him. Just not sure how well his game translates in one year of college. He’s very slight of build, but he’s extremely talented. We could get a transfer that would produce as much or more than he likely would next season. JMO.
Off topic a little but I wonder if there’s a chance Toppin could return for one last season, especially if he doesn’t like what he hears from NBA teams.

If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Livingston (if he returns)
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
It’s a significant loss because dillingham can beat his guy off the dribble and is quick. If he doesn’t end up here, then Kentucky has to go get a good guard from the portal and maybe another shooter on top of that

Off topic a little but I wonder if there’s a chance Toppin could return for one last season, especially if he doesn’t like what he hears from NBA teams.
He could in theory. Believe I read on KSR that he will announce his decision soon. I look for him to leave. Would love him and Oscar back.

It’s a significant loss because dillingham can beat his guy off the dribble and is quick. If he doesn’t end up here, then Kentucky has to go get a good guard from the portal and maybe another shooter on top of that
I love Dilly. He can drive to the basket well. However, I’m not sure how he’ll finish at rim in SEC due to his build. Wagner, OTOH, will be strong for a freshman IMO.

It’s always fun when we’ve bottomed out so hard we’re already trying to convince ourselves that losing a top player isn’t a big deal. Cal has broken us.

Basketball at the end of March feels like it won’t include UK for a long time and fans are trying to find ways to be ok with it.
Nobody is saying that. I love Dilly and think he has a higher ceiling than Wagner. However, Wagner could be better in college than Dilly. At the end of the day, Dilly is a slight of build freshman guard. We could theoretically get a transfer that could produce as much as him as a freshman. I think he plays next season anyway.

dillingham can beat his guy off

ryan-gosling-laugh.gif

If and I say IF Dillingham doesn't come to Lexington (I still think he does make it) then you better get your ass a PG because DJ Wagner isn't a PG. You can't function without a PG.
There have been a lot of good players enter the portal already, I hope the staff is doing stuff quietly or they know what they are doing and don’t wait to late

Looks to me with or without overrated Dilly as you call him.
Another year of 50/50 of even making the tournament.
Dilly and all those overrated Freshmen need to go to Texas or anywhere and take Cal with them.
Time to start from scratch with a new coach.

6 seed isn't 50/50 even making the tournament. If calipari had played the right players from day 1 and no injuries it wouldn't have even been as low as a 6 seed.

That isn’t gonna matter much if he can’t finish and/or can’t shoot from outside. Those are my two main worries.

I’d take a 22 yr old power 5 shooter , with 2-3 years of 37% + proven three point percentage , that has a ‘Covid year’ left as soon as I’d take Dillingham. An experienced guy thats played in the NCAA’s and averaged double figures
Same. Not sure why anyone would rather have an unproven freshman. Especially one that’s slight of build and is a super streaky shooter. And I’m a huge Dilly fan.

I'd start recruiting an additional guard right now from the transfer portal. I do think so long as we have DJ, we should be fine.. and we might be better suited to have a more backup-oriented PG or wing.

However, DJ could struggle his 1st year, and Dilly might not. So you obviously prefer to have both.

I’d take a 22 yr old power 5 shooter , with 2-3 years of 37% + proven three point percentage , that has a ‘Covid year’ left as soon as I’d take Dillingham. An experienced guy thats played in the NCAA’s and averaged double figures
Dude from rice is that but Kentucky doesn’t seem interested

Growing sentiment that Livingston is gone because he’s unhappy that Cal gave him a starting spot at the position he wanted to play for an entire season and didn’t take enough advantage of it.

That spot, the 3, is now deservedly going to Justin Edwards because he’s actually good at it.

There is and will be a ton of talent in the portal to replace Dillingham and Livingston.

Not a huge loss IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have him. Just not sure how well his game translates in one year of college. He’s very slight of build, but he’s extremely talented. We could get a transfer that would produce as much or more than he likely would next season. JMO.
Totally agree.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I saw that the Kerr kid from Arizona is visiting WVU right now.

I would take him in a heartbeat, whether Dilly is here or not.

But I firmly believe Dilly will be here.

I saw that the Kerr kid from Arizona is visiting WVU right now.

I would take him in a heartbeat, whether Dilly is here or not.

But I firmly believe Dilly will be here.
Ehh I’m not high in the Krisa kid at all, I like the kid olivari from rice, proven shooter proven scorer and a good secondary creator but my hope is at this point the staff is working quietly and has reached to a player or two or knows somebody is entering the portal that they want

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT