ADVERTISEMENT

If Dilly doesn’t play

I am always concerned about every player Cal brings in concerning their ability to shoot the ball. Dillingham shot 32% from the three and 33% from the field during the regular season for the team he played for this season.

If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Livingston (if he returns)
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
Joined Wednesday. 25 posts. Fail to even mention Thiero.

Which troll are you?

Reactions: mebeblue2
Growing sentiment that Livingston is gone because he’s unhappy that Cal gave him a starting spot at the position he wanted to play for an entire season and didn’t take enough advantage of it.

That spot, the 3, is now deservedly going to Justin Edwards because he’s actually good at it.

There is and will be a ton of talent in the portal to replace Dillingham and Livingston.
Crazy right? Cal sacrificed a season to keep Chris Livingstons camp happy.

Crazy right? Cal sacrificed a season to keep Chris Livingstons camp happy.
Basically what we are learning is that Cal only gets the recruits he promises the world too. He will sacrifice seasons for them to continue getting problem players. Sharpe, Askew, Wheeler, maybe Livingston? It’s a bad pattern, he’s really concerned with recruit rankings.

Basically what we are learning is that Cal only gets the recruits he promises the world too. He will sacrifice seasons for them to continue getting problem players. Sharpe, Askew, Wheeler, maybe Livingston? It’s a bad pattern, he’s really concerned with recruit rankings.
Sure wish CJ could’ve stayed healthy and the pressure would’ve been put on Cal to play that Benny lineup.

Sure wish CJ could’ve stayed healthy and the pressure would’ve been put on Cal to play that Benny lineup.
Even healthy CJ wouldn’t save us. We need guys who are at least capable defensively. I know we didn’t get to see his best but he’s not a stopper that’s for sure. Combined with our other spots deficiencies it didn’t help either. At least they could score which is the name of the game though.

Even healthy CJ wouldn’t save us. We need guys who are at least capable defensively. I know we didn’t get to see his best but he’s not a stopper that’s for sure. Combined with our other spots deficiencies it didn’t help either. At least they could score which is the name of the game though.
Still, that was the most efficient lineup in the entire country over the span of like 4 seasons. Cal still refused to play it. Played Wheeler instead. Then he STILL ended up quitting on us and the team.

Joined Wednesday. 25 posts. Fail to even mention Thiero.

Which troll are you?
And starts a thread to State losing a very highly regarded recruit wouldn’t hurt at all. I hope Dilly comes in and averages a double double. Makes the ignore feature the easy choice.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Temple transfer Damian Dunn has heard from the following schools since entering the portal, he tells
@On3sports
: Gonzaga Miami NC State Iowa State UConn Auburn Clemson Georgia Maryland Pitt Averaged 15.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.0 assists per game this season.

Cal's not even reaching out to guys who are in the portal and would upgrade the roster immediately.
Please provide a link to Cal not reaching out to guys in the portal.

I’ve read on here that Wagner is a streaky 3pt shooter but don’t know anything about him. He make the perfect SG for Cal if he is

If the rumors are true and he never plays at Kentucky I don’t think it would be a huge loss. Kentucky can still have a great team, my starting five would be

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
please link some of those rumors

I'll say this, if Dillingham is gone/doesn't make it to Kentucky - the Portal will be VERY friendly for Kentucky. The lure of being THE starting PG (and with alllllll the NIL) at UK, with all the weapons surrounding you, will be VERY enticing. Last time around, Cal landed the SEC leader in assists. So IF there's an open PG position, Cal will quite literally be able to get whichever Portal PG he wants. My only concern is how long Dillingham takes to get all this cleared up - portal could dry up for sure

DJ
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw

Bench:
Ugonna
Reed
(Transfer Player)
(Transfer Player)
Collins
Ware
Dilly, Dilly.

Please provide a link to Cal not reaching out to guys in the portal.
The post I included specifically listed the schools that have reached out to Dunn, a high quality guard that teams like UConn and Gonzaga had reached out to WHILE THEY WERE IN THE ELITE 8 .... and UK was not listed.

I'll say this, if Dillingham is gone/doesn't make it to Kentucky - the Portal will be VERY friendly for Kentucky. The lure of being THE starting PG (and with alllllll the NIL) at UK, with all the weapons surrounding you, will be VERY enticing. Last time around, Cal landed the SEC leader in assists. So IF there's an open PG position, Cal will quite literally be able to get whichever Portal PG he wants. My only concern is how long Dillingham takes to get all this cleared up - portal could dry up for sure
Identify the best true PG in the nation coming back to college and do what needs to be done to get him on campus.

Reactions: CatsFanIL
Identify the best true PG in the nation coming back to college and do what needs to be done to get him on campus.
For those in the loop if Cal would have waited it out for Carr would we have ultimately got him? Don't forget Cal took Wheeler when Askew had not transferred and Hickman was still committed.

Dillingham has the chance to shine like Monk did. So yeah I’d say it’d be a huge loss.

Not a huge loss IMO. Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to have him. Just not sure how well his game translates in one year of college. He’s very slight of build, but he’s extremely talented. We could get a transfer that would produce as much or more than he likely would next season. JMO.
Dilly was one of the players I was most excited about getting. He is an offensive juggernaut that can willfully score anywhere he wants on the floor. Think Maxey, but better at facilitating and ball-handling. I also believe that Dilly is actually better than Maxey at creating his own shot, something UK has desperately needed the last couple/few years. So yes, losing Dillingham would be a significant blow.

If only someone close to the Dillingham nonsense in NC could have warned you guys a year ago that Dillingham was unlikely to ever play college ball due to the felon who had become his "mentor" and had been making awful decisions for him.

LOL
Is that you, Rashad McCants? Now I see how you made the Dean's List in "predicting the Future, 101." Speaking of felons from North Carolina, is that former convict still giving all your recruits free cars to drive around for the summer? You know, Wheels for Heels?

Is that you, Rashad McCants? Now I see how you made the Dean's List in "predicting the Future, 101." Speaking of felons from North Carolina, is that former convict still giving all your recruits free cars to drive around for the summer? You know, Wheels for Heels?

If it's Rashad, then you know someone wrote the post for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT