ADVERTISEMENT

If Collins is still uncommitted why not ask him back

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
He is better than what I see left out there . If currently Ugonna is the only guy wanting to play the five and Bradshaw the four
I could see Collins getting 25 minutes a game Backing up both . I like his effort and he would be the oldest player on the team if O and Reeves don’t come back .
Frankly, I just like the kid and my guess is he wants to be here .
He knows the system although with Welch coming it looks like the Offense is finally going to change to be more modern. But the defense will be the same .

I’m not getting the thread title. You do realize it was his choice to enter the transfer portal, not ours, right?

I’m pretty sure he already knows that he can come back if that’s what he wants to do. There’s no need for us to formally “ask him” again.

I’m not getting the thread title. You do realize it was his choice to enter the transfer portal, not ours, right?

I’m pretty sure he already knows that he can come back if that’s what he wants to do. There’s no need for us to formally “ask him” again.
I think OP meant to recruit him back. Sure he probably knows that because we probably told him when he entered, but we could make sure he still knows and with our roster as it is now there is plenty of playing time for him.

I think OP is sort of assuming he might have not seen himself getting the minutes he wanted before. If Ware, Livingston, and Oscar are gone it changes that calculation.

Maybe it wasn't about minutes, but worth a shot.

I'd personally hope we can land a grad transfer or someone dropping out of the draft.

Reactions: track42
I think OP meant to recruit him back. Sure he probably knows that because we probably told him when he entered, but we could make sure he still knows and with our roster as it is now there is plenty of playing time for him.
Well, it’s quite likely that we already are doing that. That’s not the sort of thing that gets publicized to the fans.

I’m confident we’ve let him know the door’s still open if he changes his mind.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Thought he always had a positive impact for the limited min he played - rebound, block, put back.
Would like to see him back

I’ve been thinking, since he hasn’t committed yet, that he may be watching our roster with the option to return if we don’t add/return a good 4/5 player. He liked it at UK and is attached to our staff. He could tough it out if he thought it was just 1 more year if he thought he could be a pro after next year, and take care of his mom then.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I’d love to see DC back, but I think that chance is about slim to none. He showed so much promise in the Bahamas, but he got smacked with some serious life changing tragedies. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if DC one day has a role on an NBA team. Good kid, unreal length and bounce

Damion Collins is not the savior we are looking for. If Cal asked him to come back and play 25mpg, we might as well go buy our NIT tickets now.

I'm not going to say he sucks, but he is soft and he's not close to ready to play at this level, and definitely doesn't have the mental capacity to overcome the culture at UK.

What I mean by that is, this is not a team atmosphere, it's all about individuals and Damion needs a tighter group setting than what UK offers.

Save your comments about his losses and what he's dealing with, that's a completely different subject, we're talking about basketball here. If I said "he is not a good basketball player", that should not bring about comments about his dad dying, that's got nothing to do with how I feel about his ability to play ball.

Reactions: UKMKG
Wonderful kid. Mediocre basketball player. I hope he has success wherever he goes.

He’s not a UK contributor. If he wants to come back and be a practice player then fine.

Cal will fill the roster with practice players. He might as well be one of them. Him and Reeves can be cheerleaders and get cigar minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT