ADVERTISEMENT

If Barnes joins Oats in the final four

rollsroyce8420

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
at 2 football schools, is that that basically the kill shot for Cal? If that happens, I really think Cal goes into next season with more pressure on him than any coach in history has ever had. From my perspective the rope has been used up. The 10 million dollar checks have been cashed annually. The 2025 season ends with a final four a firing. There is no in between.

at 2 football schools, is that that basically the kill shot for Cal? If that happens, I really think Cal goes into next season with more pressure on him than any coach in history has ever had. From my perspective the rope has been used up. The 10 million dollar checks have been cashed annually. The 2025 season ends with a final four a firing. There is no in between.
He'll try to somehow use it to deflect away from his own ineptitude. He'll say something like, "Look how strong the SEC was last year. TWO Final Four teams filled with grown men, going against our young guys, and we still beat those guys. We just need to get a little tougher and maybe a little older, too..."

Cal is already finished but a life time contract by an inept AD let him remain so he can further destroy the program

I disagree with the premise. Of course, Alabama and Tennessee care more about football (most schools and fanbases do; frankly, there is a growing segment of UK fans who feel the same). But, both schools invest a ton of money into basketball. Tennessee has a great basketball fanbase and they're top 10 in attendance every year. Alabama's fanbase isn't as fervent, but They do fill up Coleman coliseum when football season is over.

Both schools pay their coaches top dollar, and both schools invest in national recruiting and facilities. Should UK expect to be better than Alabama and UT? Yes, but they're not poverty basketball programs.

I don’t expect Tennessee to beat Purdue. But I think Oakland was the kill shot. There are very few Cal supporters left. It’s now just a matter of waiting on our athletic director to do something.

Yep. Right now it’s looking like Cal will have 6 freshmen and 2 or 3 transfers while rule changes are creating the exact opposite situation as a model for success.

All of that and UK beat Alabama, @UT and @ Auburn during the last few days of regular season. I know it doesnt count for the tournament but to say they are far ahead of us is misleading. The final four or firing referendum has shown up for the last 5 years. After this years events we all should get the message,,, no one listens to this board except members and the membership is moving on. imo

Reactions: 1STSergeant
He'll try to somehow use it to deflect away from his own ineptitude. He'll say something like, "Look how strong the SEC was last year. TWO Final Four teams filled with grown men, going against our young guys, and we still beat those guys. We just need to get a little tougher and maybe a little older, too..."
….learn defense, run the offense through the best scoring combos……

I can assure you, Tennessee is a women’s basketball school, not a football school.

Does Cal really have that much pressure? If he did, do you think he'd have been dropping sarcastic "what's the worst that can happen" comments to the media? The guy has our hapless AD's nuts in a jar with that ridiculous contract. I'm not sure there is any scenario, even playing to an empty Rupp Arena, where Cal would admit how much damage he has done.

He speaks with a forked tongue. Probably the biggest bullsugarhoneyIceTeaer that ever coached in cbb!

Does Cal really have that much pressure? If he did, do you think he'd have been dropping sarcastic "what's the worst that can happen" comments to the media? The guy has our hapless AD's nuts in a jar with that ridiculous contract. I'm not sure there is any scenario, even playing to an empty Rupp Arena, where Cal would admit how much damage he has done.
Til bb season ticket holders stay home and send a message, nothing will change. There has to be a line in the sand drawn before voices will be taken seriously.

Even if Cal puts together a good team, BBN won’t be able to celebrate because we’ll be dreading March.

Wouldn’t that be disgusting, beating two final four teams and losing in the first round to OAKLAND.

• Sad
Reactions: howercat
At this point cal is like a broken leg. It really can’t get more broken. But maybe you can drag yourself to the hospital.

It will be interesting to see how he performs next season. He is literally coaching for his job and maybe Mitch’s too.

Reactions: ukfan041
I don’t expect Tennessee to beat Purdue. But I think Oakland was the kill shot. There are very few Cal supporters left. It’s now just a matter of waiting on our athletic director to do something.
I think UT can absolutely win. Edy can score 30 and shut down everyone else. What we know is Barnes will have them ready.

Reactions: CatsDomain
All of that and UK beat Alabama, @UT and @ Auburn during the last few days of regular season. I know it doesnt count for the tournament but to say they are far ahead of us is misleading. The final four or firing referendum has shown up for the last 5 years. After this years events we all should get the message,,, no one listens to this board except members and the membership is moving on. imo
Thanks. Alabama and Tennessee aren’t even in the same galaxy as Kentucky. Congratulations to both and I hope the SEC gets 2 in the Final Four. UK has been to 17, these schools are at their first ever

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
That was my thought, final 4 or fired, going into this season

Alabama and TN getting to the final four will have no impact on the pressure on Cal next year.

💯

Alabama and TN getting to the final four will have no impact on the pressure on Cal next year.
He's at home sitting his dog, watching LHP and dreaming of being in the green room in June. Oh, and he's probably making as much money as Oats and Barnes combined.

I think two SEC teams in the FF, and maybe even an all-SEC final would be great for things moving forward with changing college landscape and having leverage in super conference/realignment negotiations.

Would also be curious to see if Rick Barnes re-submits his application for head coach of UK basketball if he advances and wins the whole thing.

Wouldn't that be something. All the hollering people did back in the day the last time there was cause for dusting off the ole in case of emergency rolodex.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT