ADVERTISEMENT

I'd pay to see Boeheim punch Jay Williams

The “title” requirement nonsense is maybe the stupidest arguments ever perpetuated by the media talking head dopes.

By that dimwitted logic, then the likes of John Stockton, Barry Sanders, Ted Williams, Dan Marino, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, Barry Bonds, Ernie Banks, Allen Iverson, Dick Butkus, Ty Cobb, Steve Nash, Elgin Baylor, etc. also do not qualify as “greats.”

Does any rational minded person actually believe this?

Last edited:
The “title” requirement thing is one of the stupidest arguments ever perpetuated by the media talking head media dopes.

By that dimwitted reasoning, then the likes of John Stockton, Dan Marino, Ted Williams, Charles Barkley, Barry Sanders, Karl Malone, Barry Bonds, Ernie Banks, Iverson, Dick Butkus, Ty Cobb, Steve Nash, Elgin Baylor, etc. also do not qualify as “greats.”

Does any rational minded person actually believe this?
Absolutely agree. Narrowminded people and those with agenda moving the goal posts to fit their narrative. What I don't get is why people in her own sport like Sheryl Swoopes are diminishing Clark's achievements.

It's hard to win a national title.

Iowa doesn't have the supporting cast a lot of other big time programs do for their star player.

Reactions: catben
I’m with ya Jim, would love to punch him in the face. How does he have a job on tv?
I can't decide if he just wants to stir the pot with his comments or if he's just not very smart. I know this- he hates Kentucky (team, coach, fans) with a passion and is unable to even be unbiased when he's talking about us. That's usually how he is about every topic. It seems truth matters little to him, but just the angle he's pushing. I have zero respect for him as a commentator. I had some respect for his game as a player at Duke- led Duke to a title in 2001. I can actually separate my opinion of his basketball from his idiotic comments, unlike him. As a commentator, I'm not even sure if he even believes the bile he often spews. I think he's just talking out of his a** and he's too stupid to realize how wrong he often is. I'm not sure which is worse- being a biased jerk or being too dumb to know what is true. He might be both.

Jim married a girl from EKY. He used to bring her extended family up to Cuse for games. Nice guy from what I hear, even if he does pick his nose a lot.

Jim is an OG! MF'r would punch anyone in the face.

You know why?

"Manley Field House Is Officially Closed!"

John? Lou? Rollie? Wish you could ask those guys.

Jimmy was a bad man!

Hear he wanted to fight Rick for fixing him up on a date. Then, he married the gal Rick fixed him up with and begrudgingly forgave him.

Ha!

Wanting to see someone punch someone else is childish and immature.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT