ADVERTISEMENT

I usually do not comment. On refs….

The league gets 2m per game played in the ncaa tournament. Getting more teams in pays big money.

Reeves is never in foul trouble and was given 2 quick to start the game…set the be ch the whole first half. Beginning of the second half they gave him his 3rd cheapy within 2 min.

They also called an ungodly amou t of “going for rebound” fouls against us where we got a stop but then they gave a free possession back to AM w a cheap foul.

You say what happened when they let us play; we cut it from 16 to 6. And just like that they started making it a foul fest again and kept it 6-12 the rest of the game.

This was a text book “control the game” officiating. Same as 2017 UK/UNC where they put Fox/Monk on the bench 3 min into the game and humphries had to play near 20 min. Take the best players out w tixkyrack fouls and then call timely fouls to keep distance where you want it. 6-10. If it’s 10, let them play so it’s not obvious. If they get it back to 4-6 then you call a few fouls, give some easy points on one end and get it back above 6-8

It is fixed. The SEC is the most corrupt conference in the country. They are getting what they want out of this tournament.

More teams in = more money.
No it’s not fixed we suck and our coach can’t win in March more money for the SEC would mean UK in the conference final. There will be half the viewers now. So stop this is fixed garbage. If anything we have a pathetic coach who has alienated and turned certain refs against our program

Reactions: ACTSEAN
The refs suck but not as bad as our team. You have to play well enough to offset the officials that goes for every game.
Regardless of the loss tonight we are one of the 10 best teams in the country
We don't suck, and I didn't want to go into the tournament on an 8 game win streak. Though I didn't want to lose tonight either. Either way we have a team capable, no matter how you want to spin it.

• Haha
Reactions: Supafuzz75
We don't suck, and I didn't want to go into the tournament on an 8 game win streak. Though I didn't want to lose tonight either. Either way we have a team capable, no matter how you want to spin it.
Best offense in the country, but man we absolutely SUCK on defense. Out D sucks more than our Offense is great.

refs did not let their guards get to the rim unconstested all night, our guards did. Pitiful defense from our guards. Our bigs sucked too defending the rim when our guards got burned.

Reactions: billCgmx
What's your excuse when they don't make it out of the first weekend in the ncaa tournament? I'm sure you'll goober something up..

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
No it’s not fixed we suck and our coach can’t win in March more money for the SEC would mean UK in the conference final. There will be half the viewers now. So stop this is fixed garbage. If anything we have a pathetic coach who has alienated and turned certain refs against our program
Look man, we didn't help ourselves on defense, but that has been an all year thing. The refs boned us all night. If you have ever played basketball on any level then you know about momentum and how the refs control the game using calls to slow it down or speed it up. They also use calls to affect emotions. It's easy to give up.

The SEC care only about money, and the money is in TV. The SEC gets paid the same for their conference tourney no matter who wins, but they make bank on how many teams they get onto TV during the NCAA tourney. It's just math.

This was not on the refs. This was an embarrassing performance from the top thru every UK player that played in the game.

I’ve never seen a UK team play scared until tonight.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
He pays more attention to the refs than he does how own team, pathetic

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Look man, we didn't help ourselves on defense, but that has been an all year thing. The refs boned us all night. If you have ever played basketball on any level then you know about momentum and how the refs control the game using calls to slow it down or speed it up. They also use calls to affect emotions. It's easy to give up.

The SEC care only about money, and the money is in TV. The SEC gets paid the same for their conference tourney no matter who wins, but they make bank on how many teams they get onto TV during the NCAA tourney. It's just math.

Please stop embarassing yourself. Tamu made us look like a mid major today. That has nothing to do with the officials.

Hard to imagine what teams were winning against AM tonight. SEC knew what to do. This just got them another team in the tournament.

I mean all game we got hosed. We couldn't defend without fouling (even when we did defend).. and they were able to maul us.

The league gets 2m per game played in the ncaa tournament. Getting more teams in pays big money.

Reeves is never in foul trouble and was given 2 quick to start the game…set the be ch the whole first half. Beginning of the second half they gave him his 3rd cheapy within 2 min.

They also called an ungodly amou t of “going for rebound” fouls against us where we got a stop but then they gave a free possession back to AM w a cheap foul.

You say what happened when they let us play; we cut it from 16 to 6. And just like that they started making it a foul fest again and kept it 6-12 the rest of the game.

This was a text book “control the game” officiating. Same as 2017 UK/UNC where they put Fox/Monk on the bench 3 min into the game and humphries had to play near 20 min. Take the best players out w tixkyrack fouls and then call timely fouls to keep distance where you want it. 6-10. If it’s 10, let them play so it’s not obvious. If they get it back to 4-6 then you call a few fouls, give some easy points on one end and get it back above 6-8
I don't think people who defend the refs understand how easily refs can control a game. They absolutely get in players heads when anytime they get the momentum they call a bullshit foul and/or let aTm get away with murder.

They absolutely can control the game with surgical precision by just calling a few bs ones here and there and letting a few fouls go the other way.

From the players perspective it breeds frustration which is hard to play through. Especially for freshmen.

Cal deserved something for not getting thrown out . The refs ripped us a new one

No, Nashville would of made more money. SEC would get more money by having another member in the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: FirewithFire
It is fixed. The SEC is the most corrupt conference in the country. They are getting what they want out of this tournament.

More teams in = more money.
Doubt the city of Nashville is going to be happy with BBN leaving.

Refs weren't good but that's not why we lost tonight. We just sucked. Poor defense and allowing them to beat us inside and giving them offensive rebounds. Just played a really bad game, no excuses.

I don't think people who defend the refs understand how easily refs can control a game. They absolutely get in players heads when anytime they get the momentum they call a bullshit foul and/or let aTm get away with murder.

They absolutely can control the game with surgical precision by just calling a few bs ones here and there and letting a few fouls go the other way.

From the players perspective it breeds frustration which is hard to play through. Especially for freshmen.
Just have to follow the money. You think the SEC is going to leave 2-6m on the table when a win for a team in a relatively meaningless conference tournament guarantees league money? Tickets for the SEC tournament have already been sold. Gotta go get that NCAA league money now

Reactions: UKUGA
UK sucked, Calipari sucked, refs really sucked (worst officiated game of year IMO)...

And AM had scouted us and had a good game plan. And shot double their 3 point average makes.

we will be lucky to get out of next weekend

Refs were horrific and absolutely affected the score of the game. Unfortunately our ball security, defense, and rebounding were equally atrocious.

refs did not let their guards get to the rim unconstested all night, our guards did. Pitiful defense from our guards. Our bigs sucked too defending the rim when our guards got burned.
shrug, they did stop thiero and our guards from getting to the rim. they did call fouls on us for barely any contact while letting Dilly get mugged and pushed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT