ADVERTISEMENT

I use to hate and root against…

Duke. But watching them last night against Houston the only emotion I could muster up was appreciation for a good team taking care of business.

CAL took my joy, and I want it back!
I can somewhat relate. I despise them and want them to lose every game. But I still don’t think this team is capable of winning a title. Even if they get to the Final 4, I can’t see them beating the UT-Purdue winner. And certainly won’t be favored against UConn in a potential title game.

Scheyer needs to start doing more stuff like K did so it’s easy to hate them. When they lost at home on senior night he went straight to the student section and started apologizing to them. That surprised me

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Deep dark secret: I always rooted for Duke till they started getting the 1 and done recruits around the 10s.

They were usually good for beating Carolina at least once a year and I HATE UNC.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
After watching everyone that made it to the S-16 and how they are playing at the moment, we wouldn’t have made it out of the round of 16 anyhow. Lose early, lose late, all the same. We didn’t have a team that could win it all.

Reactions: DMB#34
Duke. But watching them last night against Houston the only emotion I could muster up was appreciation for a good team taking care of business.

That’s treason if I’ve ever heard it. It’s one thing to say that about UConn. Or maybe MAYBE even UT. But Duke. Hell no. HELL NO

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Scheyer needs to start doing more stuff like K did so it’s easy to hate them. When they lost at home on senior night he went straight to the student section and started apologizing to them. That surprised me
I don’t neeed a reason to hate Duke. I’m a Kentuckian. Everything about that University and its damn founder is about as anti-Kentucky as can get.

Settle down Beavis. Houston lost their best player while up 6 points in the first half.
Not just their best player. Houston lost a P5 Conf POTY and DPOTY in the first half. They had to make on the fly adjustments for that. It's not the same as just simply losing thier best player. Duke absolutely should have won that game.

I can somewhat relate. I despise them and want them to lose every game. But I still don’t think this team is capable of winning a title. Even if they get to the Final 4, I can’t see them beating the UT-Purdue winner. And certainly won’t be favored against UConn in a potential title game.
I agree. They have had an amazing draw. They are about to play their 3rd double digit seed and their one tough game Houston lost their best player. It's just a matter of time. But hopefully they don't make the FF.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
I am not in any danger of ever rooting for them. But I’m not immune to recognizing when someone plays the kind of halfway decent basketball we used to rule proudly.

So, Duke still has floppers( one player actually has it in his name- Flopperuski) but at least they don’t have any floor slappers. Do they?

They did get their 2nd win over a ranked team since December.

Not just their best player. Houston lost a P5 Conf POTY and DPOTY in the first half. They had to make on the fly adjustments for that. It's not the same as just simply losing thier best player. Duke absolutely should have won that game.
They did. You think ccc handed the same opportunity would have won? Not a chance. Everyone was laughing at Scheyer, yet he had the same or better record than ccc his 1st year and went just as far in the tourney. His 2nd year, he has a better record, gone further than ccc in the tourney and recruits as good or better than ccc. He learned under one of the best coaches ever and won't need to sign a life time contract to stay at Duke. I dislike Duke as much as the next guy, but ccc is a total clown and can't even out coach a 2nd year coach.

What I was driving at was… I just don’t care any f’ing more. It’s sad really. Attended many games since 1964. The current system is unprecedented and unsustainable. Treat them like pros and make all of them sign contracts. Bring some stability back to college rosters.

Duke plays hard as much as i hate Duke i hate Cal more puts one between a rock and a hard place

The trolls let the truth slip out eventually at some point. It’s usually Duke and Louisville fans too. Poor little fellers…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT