ADVERTISEMENT

I thought we would be better with Vanderbilt

You’re a moron if you believe that after this being his first game playing 20 minutes coming off the injury
Uhhhhhhh. The guy made 0 shots the first 37 minutes of the game and missed point blank layups. He got 2 put backs from 1 ft away late. Hardly makes him an offensive threat

Reactions: JohnnyGreen1975
Ill take 11 points 8 rebounds and 2 blocks and be happy. He's settling down.

Reactions: ORCAT10
Holy cow the first part of this thread is awful.

Everyone knocking Vanderbilt should be perma-banned. The kid is a machine! Does SO MANY THINGS to help this team.

I am BEGGING he comes back next year.

Quade Green
PJ Washington
Wenyan Gabriel
Nick Richards
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jemarl Baker

Should ALL be returning.

Maybe: SGA, Knox, or Diallo

We could be really, really good next year. Really good.

If you told me this time last year that Vanderbilt would remind me of Dennis Rodman with a handle, I would have called you crazy. But the kid is the closest thing in the boards to Rodman I have seen at UK. If he learns what Rodman eventually learned about finishing close to the rim and continues to improve his defense, an NBA team looking for a role player to assist its stars will love him for years.

Reactions: sjjones
Uhhhhhhh. The guy made 0 shots the first 37 minutes of the game and missed point blank layups. He got 2 put backs from 1 ft away late. Hardly makes him an offensive threat
He’s been injured!!! Just now getting in the groove! Good lord some of you people never cease to amaze me. He’s played about two full games worth of minutes and people start drawing conclusions.

Holy cow the first part of this thread is awful.

Everyone knocking Vanderbilt should be perma-banned. The kid is a machine! Does SO MANY THINGS to help this team.

I am BEGGING he comes back next year.

Quade Green
PJ Washington
Wenyan Gabriel
Nick Richards
Jarred Vanderbilt
Jemarl Baker

Should ALL be returning.

Maybe: SGA, Knox, or Diallo

We could be really, really good next year. Really good.

Ben Roberts‏@BenRobertsHL 6s7 seconds ago
Jarred Vanderbilt now has 69 rebounds in 151 minutes this season. Averaging 6.9 rebounds per game in just 15.1 minutes.

EVERYONE at the beginning of this thread should be banned.

He’s been injured!!! Just now getting in the groove! Good lord some of you people never cease to amaze me. He’s played about two full games worth of minutes and people start drawing conclusions.
He's played 10 games avgs 4.2 pts and 32% fg percentage. Not exactly wowing numbers. But if you want to pretend like he's a legit threat by all means go ahead

He's played 10 games avgs 4.2 pts and 32% fg percentage. Not exactly wowing numbers. But if you want to pretend like he's a legit threat by all means go ahead
Haha. Completely ignoring all of his eye-popping rebounding numbers and energy. Get a damn clue.

Basketball isn't all about scoring. Vanderbilt rebounds, assists, plays D and blocks shots. Who cares how many points he has.

Haha. Completely ignoring all of his eye-popping rebounding numbers and energy. Get a damn clue.
The eye popping 2.5 offensive rebounds he averages a game? I think he's a great rebounding player, but that doesn't make him an offensive player. Get a damn clue

Basketball isn't all about scoring. Vanderbilt rebounds, assists, plays D and blocks shots. Who cares how many points he has.
I'll give you rebounding, but he avgs 1.1 assists and .6 blocks. Don't put the cart before the horse

I'll give you rebounding, but he avgs 1.1 assists and .6 blocks. Don't put the cart before the horse
After being injured and playing limited minutes. Look at his per 40. They're off the charts. Not to mention he's had a lot of blown assists because some guys can't catch.

JV is an amazing player to watch. Plays with so much energy. No one with any kind of understand of basketball can not think JV makes this team so so much better. Mind you like Ben Simmons you don't want him shooting beyond 10 feet but boy is he good at everything beyond that. His 2nd and 3rd jumps are bananas. Everygame he flirts with a double double.

Reactions: preacherfan
Vanderbilt might not score alot of points but I'm still glad he's on the team. He rebounds and starts the fast break many times that often leads to points.

Reactions: preacherfan
After being injured and playing limited minutes. Look at his per 40. They're off the charts. Not to mention he's had a lot of blown assists because some guys can't catch.
I'm simply tempering expectations after our first win in 5 games. JV is a good player but he's not going to suddenly be an offensive threat on this team

Reactions: Pizza Slice
JV has increased the effort on both ends of the floor imo. Rebounds like a fiend. He is just now in Dec in regards to being comfortable on the floor, but he is improving.
That said, unless it's a dunk or put back rebound, he does not need to shoot it. Goodness, gotta work on that.

I'm simply tempering expectations after our first win in 5 games. JV is a good player but he's not going to suddenly be an offensive threat on this team

Tempering expectations is okay. But, the idea of this thread is that somehow we are a worse team with JV might be the dumbest thing I have read on this board.

For all the people who gave up on him at top of thread no nothing about basketball.

From the first game he played his rebounding and passing skills were obviously elite to people who understand.

His motor and hustle are second to none.

Once his shot comes around he will be a beast and looks like he turned the corner today with his shot.

He is a stud.

If you told me this time last year that Vanderbilt would remind me of Dennis Rodman with a handle, I would have called you crazy. But the kid is the closest thing in the boards to Rodman I have seen at UK. If he learns what Rodman eventually learned about finishing close to the rim and continues to improve his defense, an NBA team looking for a role player to assist its stars will love him for years.

Cal and I on the same page.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT