ADVERTISEMENT

I simply don't understand the lack of information regarding the game.

BigBlueFanGA

All-American
Jun 14, 2005
Just how inept are these people? At the very least they could make regular updates on what is going on.

This is just stupid at this point. Canceling the game has way too many implications for post season play. Also, we need a tune up game before USCjr next week.

I was in the stadium, there was no update inside the stadium until 9:25. 1 hour and 40 minutes after the scheduled start of game. The WIFI in stadium sucks. No updates for us in stadium is pitiful. NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. The communication inside stadium has been horrendous for years. They gave scores for eight games the entire night. 50 - 60 games today and UK can only give scores for 8 games. This has been going on for years . I’m sorry but our stadium is a joke. And no one in our administration cares.

I was in the stadium, there was no update inside the stadium until 9:25. 1 hour and 40 minutes after the scheduled start of game. The WIFI in stadium sucks. No updates for us in stadium is pitiful. NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. The communication inside stadium has been horrendous for years. They gave scores for eight games the entire night. 50 - 60 games today and UK can only give scores for 8 games. This has been going on for years . I’m sorry but our stadium is a joke. And no one in our administration cares.
You took every word out of my mouth. 60,000 people in the stadium with no internet access, no updates, just sitting there- no scores, no nothing. Baffling….

The only other was before 8 when they said we were in a delay and they would be on the field at 820. The next was when you said

Reactions: BigTyrone
It's. For. Lightning.

I don't understand, well, the lack of understanding by some on this issue. There isn't a delay because of raindrops.
It. Was. A. Joke.

I can understand sombody not understanding a joke but I don't understand how some people can't understand that a joke is a joke.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Just how inept are these people? At the very least they could make regular updates on what is going on.

This is just stupid at this point. Canceling the game has way too many implications for post season play. Also, we need a tune up game before USCjr next week.

It was absolutely terrible. For anyone there, they gave out no information whatsoever and noone seemed concerned at all that people were left completely in the dark. That was all on uk because their people had control until they opened the doors.

Once they opened the doors and officials got jurisdiction over start time, there started to be updates and way more information. They told the last lightning strike, the times they would reconvene etc. whereas UK only posted some vague weather delay, which gave no information at all.

Of course what updates were posted noone at the stadium could really see because they still refuse to enhance the cell data/Wi-Fi situation around the stadium. If they arent going to do it for the common sense reason of social media fan interaction, they should at least do it for fan safety.

Last edited:
Yeah if you home setting on your couch with a strong cell signal and working WiFi the communication was dandy - for those of us at the game it was atrocious. Always is — you can’t get a web page to load so there is no info flowing . Hard to look forward to an event for so long then have it delayed because of storms “ around “ Lexington. I say around because that’s what they were - I was there til 930 or so when I saw the first sign of bad weather around the stadium — and it missed .

So strange. Was at the game and it was so dangerous the players left the field, and the fans stayed while sitting on metal bleachers watching USM cheerleaders doing a pyramid for 2.5 hours….just a strange night.

The information at the stadium was terrible. They made an announcement that kickoff would be at 8:20 and then it came and went and no updates. No wifi, so you couldn't get anything to load. A few text came through from my son in Arizona who was giving me updates and I was there. A shoutout to the Southern Mississsippi equipment managers, they were by the equipment truck and provided us updates. They told us the game was over 30 minutes before it was announced.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
We've lived across from stadium for almost 30 years. Finally people are talking about the lack of cell service for those that live around Kroger Field. Every home game for years now, we have zero phone service for hours. Very annoying for homes that only use cell phones like ours.....gotta fix this asap

Reactions: FtWorthCat
Let me add to the griping above. I walked over about 7:45, because even on the pregame show, Dave Baker and Tom Leach did not have any real information about when the game might start. Probably reached my seat around 8, at which time the $20M video boards showed about 20 ininutes to kickoff. Which of course did not happen. Not a single announcement on the scoreboard or via PA until 9:35. Meanwhile we sat on our hands, listened to music, watched Notre Dame v. Tex A&M, etc.

Yet . . . every time UK takes the field/court in any sport, I get blasted by UK via text, app notifications, and email for me to buy tickets. But at the game, with 50,000 fans sitting there, they can't be bothered to give us some kind of update every 10 or 15 minutes? I understand the safety concerns, and have no problem with it, but at least give us some damn information. And like others have stated, internet and cell phones are nearly useless inside the stadium, no one in our section could get a decent signal.

Kudos to those of us in BBN who sat there for two hours, could not believe how many of us stayed all the way to the end, which mercifully came shortly after halftime. Also, thank you to TV, seemed like the TV commercials were greatly reduced, as was halftime.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT