ADVERTISEMENT

I really loath the big orange but is anyone else

I gotta admit the thought of them beating Bama, and then we ruining their perfect season does sound nice....

Nope, them beating Bama does nothing but make their fans more annoying. I don't care what happens in the West, Bama beating Tennessee keeps our dream of Atlanta, no matter how faint they are now, from completely evaporating. Down with the Vawls. Besides I can't root for a bunch of low down dirty snitch felons to ever do anything positive.

no, never, UT winning only hurts us first and foremost and my hatred for them is great lol... so, I would never ever cheer for UT against anyone.....anyone

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The only SEC team I never pull for in a bowl game.

There are some other SEC teams I usually root for in the post season, but not always. Those teams also have some orange in their uniforms.

Last edited:
I get the sentiment, but think of it this way. If they beat bama, they could potentially be ranked number 1 when we go to Knoxville. I actually think with our a game we could knock off the number 1 team in the nation at their place. That win would erase all of the ugly losses to them throughout the years!! One can dream big!! gbb
I would be inclined to concur if UK had not being playing so mediocre at best during the first 6 games. A UT win over Alabama makes it more difficult for any potential rally by UK to win the East. I know it’s a long shot and I still hate Tennessee.

Reactions: UKUGA
No, I do not pull for Tennessee.
I work in Somerset. I work with a girl in my office who is born and raised in Wayne Co. She is a die hard UT fan. Don't know how how it happened but it did. Right now she has the TV on the Finebaum show. It's a toss up who I despise more, Pawl or Ewe Tee. I'm in Hell

After reading just a few posts I think I am on a hate Thug U thread.

I'm at the right place.

Reactions: BBNFORLIFE
No because we compete directly with Tennessee. Alabama being Alabama had minimal (delta) impact but Tennessee becoming the hot “it” team has a huge impact on us from yearly standings, difficult of schedule, recruiting battles being our border state.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I really posted this to see some of the responses it would get. It did not disappoint!! We have lots of reasons to hate that trailer trash fanbase and thier has been football program. ROLL TIDE!!
I responded to show my disgust after living my entire life on the border.I’m a redneck, don’t misunderstand. A proud southern Kentucky redneck. There’s a difference. Those who disagree, well, you gotta live it. Arrogance is global worthy. And it’s earned thru achieved accomplishment.. I really don’t feel any of that stuff seeping across our borders.

Reactions: BBNFORLIFE
Fvck no. I would root for Tennessee over Louisville but that’s about it. Screw the Vols

Heck NO! I hope Bama hangs 70 on them. It may benefit us in the long run. As far as UT\UGA, I'm just hoping UGA scores less than UT. that's all I will say about that.

If we beat miss state we need Tennessee to lose Alabama and to beat Georgia so that we control our own destiny on the east
Absolutely not. If we want to salvage any chance at all we have of winning the East if we can get Levis healthy, then we need them to lose. Now I will root for them to beat UGA and give everyone in the east at least one loss. that's the only way we will be able to still have a shot at the east when UGA comes to town.

Heck NO! I hope Bama hangs 70 on them. It may benefit us in the long run. As far as UT\UGA, I'm just hoping UGA scores less than UT. that's all I will say about that.
Not what we want at all. if we want to consider the USC game our yearly bed crapper, and stay optomistic we can get Levis back and beat MSU and UT, then we will need UT to lose to Bama and UGA, for us to stay in the hunt for the east. Wishing anything different is giving up on our team already, which is something I assume most of you have done anyway.

That's the problem we need to shed, regardless of how good we are in any given year, we still look at other teams success, or their players, or whatever and still have this inferiority complex. I know it comes from decades of losing, but until things really go south, I'm going to do my best to stay optimistic.

Not what we want at all. if we want to consider the USC game our yearly bed crapper, and stay optomistic we can get Levis back and beat MSU and UT, then we will need UT to lose to Bama and UGA, for us to stay in the hunt for the east. Wishing anything different is giving up on our team already, which is something I assume most of you have done anyway.
Wouldn't UK need UT to defeat UGA for UK to win the East? If not UT, then UGA will have to have a 2nd conference loss along with losing to UK for UK to finish in front of UGA, and other than UT, not sure where that 2nd loss would come from. Possibly UF, but not likely.

If UT defeats UGA, but loses to Bama and UK, and UK wins out, then UK could take the East with 2 losses over UT and UGA each with 2 losses. If UT loses to Bama, UGA, and UK, then UT has 3 conference losses with UGA likely only 1 loss, assuming in your scenario that UK beats them.

So assuming UK defeats MSU this week and your scenario remains alive, whuch really looks very difficult right now unless UK can not just get Levis back, but clean up other areas and get some energy back. But assuming that does happen, UK fans may need to root for UT against UGA. 😲

Wouldn't UK need UT to defeat UGA for UK to win the East? If not UT, then UGA will have to have a 2nd conference loss along with losing to UK for UK to finish in front of UGA, and other than UT, not sure where that 2nd loss would come from. Possibly UF, but not likely.

If UT defeats UGA, but loses to Bama and UK, and UK wins out, then UK could take the East with 2 losses over UT and UGA each with 2 losses. If UT loses to Bama, UGA, and UK, then UT has 3 conference losses with UGA likely only 1 loss, assuming in your scenario that UK beats them.

So assuming UK defeats MSU this week and your scenario remains alive, whuch really looks very difficult right now unless UK can not just get Levis back, but clean up other areas and get some energy back. But assuming that does happen, UK fans may need to root for UT against UGA. 😲
I disagree somewhat. UT is the most likely team from the east capable of beating UGA, thats why we need them to lose to UGA and us. We need UT mathematically out of contention when we face UGA. if we are to win the East with two losses, then it will likely have to be by virtue of a tie-breaker scenario. yes there is a scenario where UT can lose to Bama and us, but beat UGA and we still win the tie-breaker by virtue of head to head against both of them. regardless, the thread was about if we will root for UT against Bama, when the fact is we need them to lose to at least two teams, one of which is us, Bama and UGA are the two most likely L's for UT so we NEED them to lose to one of those. First up is Bama so it's a hard no from me. I want UT to lose. we should want every team in the east to lose to keep us in contention as long as possible.

A little over 2 years ago, according to Vol fans, they had the best staff in America riding an 8 game winning streak, undefeated and fans talking playoff. Fast forward 2 months the have accused themselves of cheating so they could avoid paying the buyout. But they all point to Pruitt learning to cheat at his time at Bama, FSU and UGA. Now here we are 2 years later, once again the vols are riding a little win streak, talking playoffs and being led by best staff in America. Dumbest and trashiest program and fanbase in the country, and a good chance they showcase that this weekend.

I disagree somewhat. UT is the most likely team from the east capable of beating UGA, thats why we need them to lose to UGA and us. We need UT mathematically out of contention when we face UGA. if we are to win the East with two losses, then it will likely have to be by virtue of a tie-breaker scenario. yes there is a scenario where UT can lose to Bama and us, but beat UGA and we still win the tie-breaker by virtue of head to head against both of them. regardless, the thread was about if we will root for UT against Bama, when the fact is we need them to lose to at least two teams, one of which is us, Bama and UGA are the two most likely L's for UT so we NEED them to lose to one of those. First up is Bama so it's a hard no from me. I want UT to lose. we should want every team in the east to lose to keep us in contention as long as possible.

Your scenario is certainly possible, but I think UK's path to win the East would be helped more by UT defeating UGA, while losing to Bama and UK. rather than beating Bama then losing to UGA and UK, because UK isn't competing with Bama for the East, that is all I was pointing out.

Of course, UGA still has UF in Jacksonville and MSU, which will be interesting to be sure, but as you said, the conversation was about UT vs Bama and UGA, and I just think if UK were to win out then UT lising to Bama and defeating UGA would benefit UK moreso than UT losing to UGA and defeating Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT