ADVERTISEMENT

I need to vent, from someone who is completely screwed....

Fgpoe03

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 31, 2018
I know I've posted on here a few times about my sudden health issues. I guess it all started about seven months ago, pretty suddenly. One day, I just couldn't eat food, just couldn't swallow. It was crazy but I thought hey easy fix, the doctors will know what to do.

Fast forward to now, I've been through countless doctors, had three feeding tube surgeries and find out very soon if I officially have to get heart surgery, when they did an echo it showed both bottom chambers working at only around 45%. So yesterday, I had to travel in the danger zone and get a cardiac MRI. So very soon I will find out options, surgery etc. At this point I also have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease, ALS has been thrown out there but because of my malnourishment (lost 100 pounds so far) and infection at the time of the initial testing, results were inclusive. So it could be that or another because several have similar symptoms. Oh and the fact I'm supposed to keep trying to drink things but everytime I do, I aspirate. This is to keep my muscles having some tone but it causes constant oxygen drops, until I cough up what's went down the wrong tube. So how long I live is very much in question.

Now this virus, has destroyed the last bit of anything we had going for us (my fiance and I). I applied for disability but I am still months away, from getting any response and I was our main source of income. Then my fiance, happens to work as a server at a small family owned restaurant. Of course, in Ohio those were the first businesses to shut down. Unfortunately, because of the way the family owned place does things, she can't get unemployment and we just found out the employer doesn't pay into it anyway, for her employees. The owner will be fine I'm sure, as they are gonna help small business owners. However, it appears that we won't be eligible for any sort of help. Also, she is refusing to try carry-out or delivery. So we are royally screwed and I have almost completely went through my savings at this point.

I want to say, I believe in God and pray and I keep telling myself this is all his plan. That it's just a test and things will get better, it's not more than I can handle. However, everyday it just seems like more and more goes wrong. God bless my fiance, for taking care of me and desperately trying to find work but it's just about impossible in our area right now. I'm maintaining my faith but we are seriously in a bad situation, when our supplies run out, I don't know what we are gonna do. Also, bills are still coming in and I'm trying to keep a roof over our head (though we are supposed to move in the next two months) the owners of the property have decided to sell it, instead of continuing to rent. Plus trying to make sure we still have a vehicle. Running out of ideas and I know she is so stressed and scared, as am I. I just don't know what else to do but I had to vent somewhere. I can't discuss this with her, I think she is already on the edge and I don't want to make it worse. Thank you guys for allowing me to vent and put my thoughts out there, to fellow fans.

For those who are interested, I don't have a Facebook so I created a PayPal. It seemed easier, since this is my only form of social media. Thank you to all who are interested and if I need to add another method please let me know. Any amount is greatly appreciated and I appreciate all who have offered. I came on here to vent and am overwhelmed with the support offered. Below is my email, from the way my fiance explained it, you enter your PayPal account and then put in my email and you can donate, if you would like. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers BBN.

fgpoe03@yahoo.com

There is also now officially a GoFundMe, thanks to my friends help, the link is below and thank you BBN again.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bad-health-and-now-no-income

Special thanks to BigBlueFanGA, for a link you can just click on.

Last edited:
I know I've posted on here a few times about my sudden health issues. I guess it all started about seven months ago, pretty suddenly. One day, I just couldn't eat food, just couldn't swallow. It was crazy but I thought hey easy fix, the doctors will know what to do.

Fast forward to now, I've been through countless doctors, had three feeding tube surgeries and find out very soon if I officially have to get heart surgery, when they did an echo it showed both bottom chambers working at only around 45%. So yesterday, I had to travel in the danger zone and get a cardiac MRI. So very soon I will find out options, surgery etc. At this point I also have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease, ALS has been thrown out there but because of my malnourishment (lost 100 pounds so far) and infection at the time of the initial testing, results were inclusive. So it could be that or another because several have similar symptoms. Oh and the fact I'm supposed to keep trying to drink things but everytime I do, I aspirate. This is to keep my muscles having some tone but it causes constant oxygen drops, until I cough up what's went down the wrong tube. So how long I live is very much in question.

Now this virus, has destroyed the last bit of anything we had going for us (my fiance and I). I applied for disability but I am still months away, from getting any response and I was our main source of income. Then my fiance, happens to work as a server at a small family owned restaurant. Of course, in Ohio those were the first businesses to shut down. Unfortunately, because of the way the family owned place does things, she can't get unemployment and we just found out the employer doesn't pay into it anyway, for her employees. The owner will be fine I'm sure, as they are gonna help small business owners. However, it appears that we won't be eligible for any sort of help. Also, she is refusing to try carry-out or delivery. So we are royally screwed and I have almost completely went through my savings at this point.

I want to say, I believe in God and pray and I keep telling myself this is all his plan. That it's just a test and things will get better, it's not more than I can handle. However, everyday it just seems like more and more goes wrong. God bless my fiance, for taking care of me and desperately trying to find work but it's just about impossible in our area right now. I'm maintaining my faith but we are seriously in a bad situation, when our supplies run out, I don't know what we are gonna do. Also, bills are still coming in and I'm trying to keep a roof over our head (though we are supposed to move in the next two months) the owners of the property have decided to sell it, instead of continuing to rent. Plus trying to make sure we still have a vehicle. Running out of ideas and I know she is so stressed and scared, as am I. I just don't know what else to do but I had to vent somewhere. I can't discuss this with her, I think she is already on the edge and I don't want to make it worse. Thank you guys for allowing me to vent and put my thoughts out there, to fellow fans.
Sorry to hear about your Health issues and everything that is happening. I am from Ohio and looking to hire as many people as we can at this time in northern Ohio. What part of Ohio do you live in? I have contacts in southeast and cuyahoga county. I could help her find a job possibly!

Do you have any relatives close by that could possibly help out? In times on need , family is usually the best avenue for help. That's what I found it when I struggled in 2016 2017 with some problems.

Reactions: Fgpoe03
Sorry to hear about your Health issues and everything that is happening. I am from Ohio and looking to hire as many people as we can at this time in northern Ohio. What part of Ohio do you live in? I have contacts in southeast and cuyahoga county. I could help her find a job possibly!

We live in Goshen, it's not really Cincinnati but about a half an hour from there. If that is somehow close by, please lmk and I greatly appreciate it.

Hopefully the government gets there shit together and gets a stimulus package constructed and approved, and then starts getting out some help to those in financial need.

I am fortunate that I work in IT for a pretty big company, so we are able to work remotely. However, I waited tables and bartended to put myself through college years ago. I can't imagine what people working in that industry are going through. Most of them lived day to day on tips alone.

Do you have any relatives close by that could possibly help out? In times on need , family is usually the best avenue for help. That's what I found it when I struggled in 2016 2017 with some problems.

One family member lives close, unfortunately her husband and her, lost a baby on the first of the year. Financially and emotionally it hit them. My other family members aren't really in great shape either. They have enough to survive but not really help, they know my situation and if they had it, they would offer. It's been a rough year for our family.

Hopefully the government gets there shit together and gets a stimulus package constructed and approved, and then starts getting out some help to those in financial need.

I am fortunate that I work in IT for a pretty big company, so we are able to work remotely. However, I waited tables and bartended to put myself through college years ago. I can't imagine what people working in that industry are going through. Most of them lived day to day on tips alone.

I hope so but I'm not sure we will be able to benefit from it, with the way the restaurant works, I have a feeling we won't qualify.

I hope so but I'm not sure we will be able to benefit from it, with the way the restaurant works, I have a feeling we won't qualify.
Every American adult making less than like 100,000k or so will qualify. It's a UBI or universal basic income to either provide or supplement living cost while the pandemic is ongoing. So ideally, you and your fiance should each get a check for roughly 750 - 1000 month, could even be more, but those are the most common numbers mentioned at this point.

I saw a sign at Kroger today that said they are hiring on the spot. Not sure if this is the case everywhere but this was at a Kroger in Northern Kentucky so maybe others in the area are the same.

Prayers for you that your health will improve and that the swallowing issues will heal.

Along with churches and local para church ministries, I would check into Amazon. They are hiring 100,000 people right now across the country.

We live in Goshen, it's not really Cincinnati but about a half an hour from there. If that is somehow close by, please lmk and I greatly appreciate it.
Prayed for you and your care giver! Bless you brother and stay hopeful, faithful and prayerful!

Oh man, my thoughts are with you now, and will be. Good luck with everything, hopefully everything will work out, your neighbors and government can help you, thinking of you.

Very sorry to hear about your troubles. Wish I was a millionaire and could spare some life changing money.

So that actually should possibly work out. I am forwarding something to my administrator in Cincinnati as I run the Cleveland office. Our office is in Cincy on reading road but we recently just started some work in Loveland. Which is around 13 minutes away. We also are getting cases in warren, butler, and other spots in Hamilton. I told him to figure out a way to hire her. His name will be Bengi. This is home care for adults with disabilities just a heads up. (513) 290-7177

very gracious offer by you
hope you can help the op out

Prayers for you brother. I really encourage you to reach out to some local churches. You are in a worse situation than most folks and one of them, or a group, should be able to help you some.

If you get a decent attorney he can fast track your disability case, I had to do this too. If you don’t have one you need a stomach feeding tube ASAP if you’ve lost 100 lbs. there is a vegetarian feeding liquid that will help you quickly ( it’s made by nestles) called complete. This will balance out your system. Then the next step is to go to HIGH protein shakes to begin the process of restoring your muscular system. Find a good nutritionist to help you with this. If you need a suggestion try talking with Samantha at UL hospital. She is one of the very best in the entire area. You can recover from this friend, I lost 140 pounds in about 8 months and I’ve almost completely recovered. Hang in there and remember, your ability to recover is dependent on two things, your attitude and excellent nutrition.

So that actually should possibly work out. I am forwarding something to my administrator in Cincinnati as I run the Cleveland office. Our office is in Cincy on reading road but we recently just started some work in Loveland. Which is around 13 minutes away. We also are getting cases in warren, butler, and other spots in Hamilton. I told him to figure out a way to hire her. His name will be Bengi. This is home care for adults with disabilities just a heads up. (513) 290-7177

You're a kick-ass person and this brought a tear to my eye.

@Fgpoe03 I wish there was something I could physically do to help you. I wish you the best financially and most importantly, physically. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I am not going to front I started to tear up a little reading that as it is horrible how to seems when it rains it pours on people . But I would do what bigbluefanga has mentioned and start a go fund me . I know while I don't have much ( as I am out of work right now due to this virus ) I would would donate something myself and many on this board would too. Every little bit helps . So think about doing that. Also I promise you there are food banks in your area where you can get food if need be , at least there are here in Florida as I know 2 semi-homeless guys who do this as well.

You are in my thoughts regardless and any good karma I can send your way I will .

I am not going to front I started to tear up a little reading that as it is horrible how to seems when it rains it pours on people . But I would do what bigbluefanga has mentioned and start a go fund me . I know while I don't have much ( as I am out of work right now due to this virus ) I would would donate something myself and many on this board would too. Every little bit helps . So think about doing that. Also I promise you there are food banks in your area where you can get food if need be , at least there are here in Florida as I know 2 semi-homeless guys who do this as well.

You are in my thoughts regardless and any good karma I can send your way I will .
My situation is finally improving...who knows what this virus will cause though, but I'd donate some too.

One family member lives close, unfortunately her husband and her, lost a baby on the first of the year. Financially and emotionally it hit them. My other family members aren't really in great shape either. They have enough to survive but not really help, they know my situation and if they had it, they would offer. It's been a rough year for our family.
I know. Its rough for many right now, especially know ppl who work in hospitality (restaurants, movie theaters, bartenders etc) it's not like you could just work from home. I hope you make it thru okay and continue on working on your health. My heart goes out to you.

Yes try a GoFundMe page. Even if u manahe to get a few on her to donate , even a couple of hundred bucks will help out. The government should issue these checks if not , many are screwed. As long as you have rent covered and food, and your car, let the rest fall where it must. Thays why I became a firm believer since 2016 of less is more. I live in NY. Had a big house on long island, I was a stockbroker with an 8k a month nut . I landed up walking away from it all. I live with my brother now, he was living on his own too so it worked out for both of us. Now, I refuse to ever live with the need to have more. I'm not saying that you did that, all I'm saying is sometimes realizing that it's never as bad as it seems can go a long way.

I'm curious.. how did this turn into a heart issue? I know that cardiac symptoms and esophagus symptoms can be similar. Like how a heart attack and be confused with heart burn, and vice versa. How old are you, if I may ask.

My heart goes out to you as you handle this hardship. And I want to assure you that God cares about your situation and wants to encourage you and help you to get through this painful experience.

“Jesus Can and Does Heal — yesterday, today, and tomorrow!”

“Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and for evermore” Heb. 13: 8. So, time does not limit Him nor can anything else. What He did in the Old and New Testament Biblical times, He can do so today and in the future. The fact that Jesus can heal should not be a debatable issue as He is God and the Creator of everything. We can confidently say nothing is too hard for the Lord our God. As His Word says, “Is anything too hard for the Lord?” (Genesis 18: 13-15; Jeremiah 32: 27) and the answer has to be an emphatic No! (Luke 1: 37). You can come to Him for healing of any sickness or problem (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, etc.) and He can heal you according to His Will as Jesus is our Healer. Nothing is too hard for Him.

God's Will is supreme and sovereign. He knows best and is in control always. We, His children, just need to trust Him that in all things He is working for our good — Rom. 8: 28. He will never fail or forsake us — Heb. 13: 5. God is in control of everything including all of nature as He created everything. But one may ask the question why then do calamities and disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc. sometimes occur which destroy thousands of people, many of whom may include believers too? We may never know the answer to such questions but we know the One who knows the answers. We just need to trust Him.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 John 5:14-15

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

You have been lifted up in prayer, brother.

Wow guess what, he does exist and you’ll stand before him one day.
That wasn't needed in this thread . To each their own in terms of belief , this should be about helping the OP and providing good vibes , prayers whatever you want to call it for them. Fgpoe I would start a go fund me as just right here you have a few big blue brothers who would donate something .

Wow, bless you. I would say if you have good reason to think you have ALS, I would focus on trying to get that squared away, because that diagnosis grants you the shortest of shortcuts to a whole bunch of benefits based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT