ADVERTISEMENT

I need 2 more players

Big Cat fan

Senior
Oct 29, 2007
I need a center. Good smart center. I need a 6'8 forward with handles and a good shot. Give me those with the roster.

Well, I need a couple juniors and a couple seniors, with real collegiate playing experience. I don’t give a crap what position they are.

I don’t care how good these frosh are supposed to be. Without some experience, we might lose 12-15 games.

I don't want a bunch of juniors and seniors that can't play. That's been the problem the last 3 seasons. Give me the young talented guys that are still improving any day over Ga and Illinois St neverwas transfer players.

Throw in Toppin and Brooks types and it's never gonna work out. Cal knows it too. It was a failed experiment. Give the guys that the NBA would take right out of high school if they could.

Reactions: Big Cat fan
At this point sadly we just need bodies. It's June 6th.

the walking dead zombie GIF

Forget reeves. He isn’t a make or break player. We are going to struggle to be a top 25 team with or without him and if he is taking classes and is on the fence then I don’t want him.

He was a make or break player last year and no one complained whatsoever until the very end.

Heck without him last season, we're probably not even making the tournament. It wasn't until we put the ball in his hands and let him roll towards the end of the season that we finally made the push over the hump to get comfortably into the tournament.

Reeves isn't some poor 8th man off the bench player that people are just hyping up cause we're desperate, he's a legitimate starter for practically any team in the nation.

He was a make or break player last year and no one complained whatsoever until the very end.

Heck without him last season, we're probably not even making the tournament. It wasn't until we put the ball in his hands and let him roll towards the end of the season that we finally made the push over the hump to get comfortably into the tournament.

Reeves isn't some poor 8th man off the bench player that people are just hyping up cause we're desperate, he's a legitimate starter for practically any team in the nation.
Yeah reeves actually broke us a couple times down the stretch. Did he show up against kSU? And no reeves contributed to the turnaround by being serviceable not by being spectacular. Reeves on the defensive end wasn’t very good. His ball handling cost us vs vandy. I’m not saying he was terrible by any stretch but he’s being overvalued. I think he is the 6th man on this team. If he were a tough physical defensive type player I’d be more bullish on him. That’s what we need. A guy who can’t decide whether he wants to play at UK next year or transfer??? I’ll pass

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Yeah reeves actually broke us a couple times down the stretch. Did he show up against kSU? And no reeves contributed to the turnaround by being serviceable not by being spectacular. Reeves on the defensive end wasn’t very good. His ball handling cost us vs vandy. I’m not saying he was terrible by any stretch but he’s being overvalued. I think he is the 6th man on this team. If he were a tough physical defensive type player I’d be more bullish on him. That’s what we need. A guy who can’t decide whether he wants to play at UK next year or transfer??? I’ll pass

Can't decide because Cal already promised starting spots to all the incoming freshmen, and Reeves being in his last year wants to start and make as much NIL money as possible. Both of which Kentucky apparently isn't willing to provide unless his meetings with Cal this past week or two change things.

We don't need another drive to the basket defensive minded guard on this team. We need shooters, which is exactly what Reeves is. Especially with who he'd have around him demanding attention on offense if Cal were to start him.

I’m with you. Reeves was a nice scorer on last years train wreck of a team. I can’t see him any better than 6th man on this team. If he’s out must have, we’re in trouble.

We'll get Somoto or Brown to fill your C request

A 6'8" shooter, not sure he's out there to get.

Burks form OE is going to be really good though. The Thompson twins are projected to both go top 10 in the draft. Burks was the leading scorer in OE with them.

I need a center. Good smart center. I need a 6'8 forward with handles and a good shot. Give me those with the roster.
You are Wrong once again. Man you are always wrong.

Well you are partly right. We NEED a PF/C! Someone who can play either/both positions would be nice.
But the 2nd one we need, is a 3pt shooter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT