ADVERTISEMENT

I may have found the worst sports message board of all time

You mean you just found Rafters? Hahaha! Ha!

Bah-dum-bump...

Back to the post, I think that's where bluewoman is a moderator. I think they go by a handle that we used to see here on the old Catspause back in the day (RR, much like your current handle, but I think Ruppsrunt or something). Also I believe that board is a train wreck of negativity and just overall lack of moderation. Lots of racial and just overall classless posts that just get laughed at. Even "bluewoman" (ruppsrunt) as one of the moderators starts their own posts about really crazy shit.

I know of Katman but not his board.
Prepare yourself then. I looked at that board once when someone posted it here. It's not only the place to be for Cal haters (and I mean the real nasty ones), it's the place to be if you want a no holds barred forum environment. The moderators (one is known here as bluewoman...you know, begok and all) are in on the game there as well. The only people that get canned are those that show any positivity - they are immediately labeled as "Cal Nut Huggers" and sent packing.

Then there are the posts that just defy class. Tons of those. I spent a good 30 minutes there a while back in shock that we have fans like that. And I mean really straight up racists and hard core political loonies. Lots of conspiracy theories, lots of wacky shit. Don't say I didn't warn you (although who am I to say what you may or may not enjoy).

Prepare yourself then. I looked at that board once when someone posted it here. It's not only the place to be for Cal haters (and I mean the real nasty ones), it's the place to be if you want a no holds barred forum environment. The moderators (one is known here as bluewoman...you know, begok and all) are in on the game there as well. The only people that get canned are those that show any positivity - they are immediately labeled as "Cal Nut Huggers" and sent packing.

Then there are the posts that just defy class. Tons of those. I spent a good 30 minutes there a while back in shock that we have fans like that. And I mean really straight up racists and hard core political loonies. Lots of conspiracy theories, lots of wacky shit. Don't say I didn't warn you (although who am I to say what you may or may not enjoy).
The guy who emailed barnhart posts over there.

Yeah, it is something else. Basically it is this place on steroids.

There are several posters on here that are on there too.
You can pretty much link the posters here to those there. If there is a poster here that has some wild takes and wacked out conspiracy theories around Calipari, it's a near 100% chance they are on that board. Just back out to the main page and you can see every thread topic is some kind of hate discussion, or the usual bluewoman begok garbage (I'm fed up with Calipari like many, but this kind of rhetoric is just sophomoric).

Like I said above, I looked at a few threads a while back and saw people getting punted / banned for being any kind of positive. That board is essentially the LOD all in one place, run by mods that are just full of rabid hate for Calipari. And I mean hate the MAN, not just his coaching.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The guy who emailed barnhart posts over there.
LowCountryCat, aka GoToTexas, is also there. He's likely lost both of his accounts over here for being unable to control himself, so he stays there because they have no guardrails.

However, if you're a hating bully type that loves conflict with "the other side", it's strange that they would want to be enclosed in a bubble of think-a-like fans. Banning anyone that doesn't agree with their wild takes and spit-filled diatribe kind of goes against what I always thought they loved doing - causing conflict and arguing and name calling. I guess they come here, read the rainbow farts, then go back there where they can make fun of those people without any retribution.

Reactions: RunninRichie

You must not read this board because it’s full with those types. Especially the Political Thread.

I’m not happy and am done with Cal but geez. That sounds like a root canal and a vice grip to then crotch all at once.

And man, I love my brethren and sistren in BBN but yes as a native of WKY I can guarantee we have some dyed in the wool racists in the fan base. Why? Because there are some very “old fashioned” folks out this way that would not hesitate to Thanos snap us back into the 1950s.

Reactions: azurricat2010
LowCountryCat, aka GoToTexas, is also there. He's likely lost both of his accounts over here for being unable to control himself, so he stays there because they have no guardrails.

However, if you're a hating bully type that loves conflict with "the other side", it's strange that they would want to be enclosed in a bubble of think-a-like fans. Banning anyone that doesn't agree with their wild takes and spit-filled diatribe kind of goes against what I always thought they loved doing - causing conflict and arguing and name calling. I guess they come here, read the rainbow farts, then go back there where they can make fun of those people without any retribution.
Just wanted to say I enjoy your takes. "Read the rainbow farts" gave me a good laugh. Keep on, keepin' on, my friend.

So that's where LCC ran off to. Called him out almost a year ago for using multiple accounts, he'd literally have convos with himself about the Sharpe fiasco.

Wasn't aware of that forum but yikes just looking at it for a few minutes was too much. I kinda feel bad for the people who so easily fall for that stuff.

Thanks for the details about that forum.

I’m not happy and am done with Cal but geez. That sounds like a root canal and a vice grip to then crotch all at once.

And man, I love my brethren and sistren in BBN but yes as a native of WKY I can guarantee we have some dyed in the wool racists in the fan base. Why? Because there are some very “old fashioned” folks out this way that would not hesitate to Thanos snap us back into the 1950s.
Yep. Western KY native myself (born in Madisonville, raised in Union County).

Gotta say though, I love the visits to the local Wal-Mart during our annual KY family visit - talk about "people of Wal-Mart!" I used to see old friends all the time, but now we've all gotten so old and fat, I wouldn't recognize my best high school buddy if he was standing there with me in the checkout line!

Reactions: ukalum1988
the one thing that unified them was their desire to get rid of Tubby.
once Tubby left it got dysfunctional and political, they started turning on each other. I think Katman wore most of the brunt of it.

There are a ton of UK fans I’d rather not ever associate with. It doesn’t sound like that board is filled with atom splitters.

Pretty sure that feller is running on an older operating system than the rest of us… ya know?

Hey I love a good conspiracy theory. You know the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?

About four weeks.

That’s a great starting point. You can track the cognitive dissonance that formed after that Auburn game into the despair of the worst season in program history, followed by the brutal conclusion and start of this one.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yep. Western KY native myself (born in Madisonville, raised in Union County).

Gotta say though, I love the visits to the local Wal-Mart during our annual KY family visit - talk about "people of Wal-Mart!" I used to see old friends all the time, but now we've all gotten so old and fat, I wouldn't recognize my best high school buddy if he was standing there with me in the checkout line!

Was raised pretty close to you, corydon, ky. Loved peak pros bbq in waverly.

• Love
Reactions: ukalum1988
Missouri Tigerboard... was no doubt created and designed by some clown who actually isn't smarter than a 5th grader.

Hey I love a good conspiracy theory. You know the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?

About four weeks.
In some cases sure but most cases not so much. People create and or believe conspiracies because the uncertainty of life is scary and theories at least add a semblance of control/understanding to that uncertainty regardless if it's true or not.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

Were they the same ones who had it out for Tubby too?

We had a guy from over there posting at wildcatnation for awhile. He'd been banned twice before for Tubby stuff, and then he came back with a different username to give it a third go. At this point we're talking 2018 or so--a solid decade after Tubby left.

The sad thing about this guy was that when he stuck to basketball he was okay. But he wouldn't stick to basketball. Refused. Everything--and I mean every. Friggin. Thing--was about Tubby. I personally sent him messages telling him to calm it down, but he refused. Had to ban him again. Could not stop himself.

Just ate up with it, son. Has to be about race. Has to be. It's the weirdest thing.

The only silver lining is that the folks you're talking about there are a miniscule part of the fanbase. I've always been convinced DD is populated by many of the same people using the same handle, thus presenting the illusion of a likeminded tribe. When in fact it's mental illness distilled into message board form.

Was raised pretty close to you, corydon, ky. Loved peak pros bbq in waverly.

Very close then. We go back to Peak's each visit (or folks typically order carry out since it's pretty darn close to the house).
I'm from Morganfield myself. Have loved Peaks forever, but unfortunately my wife from Louisiana never developed the taste for BBQ mutton.

It’s the 4chan of message boards.

C’mon guys it can’t be that ba...
eea.gif

That site used to be a good place to read about UK basketball. It turned into nothing but a political site 6 or 7 years ago. It seems back then they tried to hide any racism they might have. Now it seems they revel in the racism.

Looks like they just changed it to members only again. Probably a good move by them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT