ADVERTISEMENT

I know last season is over with but…….

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
did they ever say what really happened with that group? I know they wasn’t close but what was the cause of that and did Wheeler really not play because he lost his starting spot?

did they ever say what really happened with that group? I know they wasn’t close but what was the cause of that and did Wheeler really not play because he lost his starting spot?
did you ever go all-in with pocket aces and get called with pure junk and lose, sometimes it just happens

Reactions: bbncal02
Aside from the actual issues themselves, that team just didn’t mesh personality wise. Very different beliefs, different motives, and different types of guys.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I think the OP has a legit question. I know that the journalists never dig too deep with college sports, but I'm curious about why they didn't live up to their potential. In his youtube video this week John Welch said some vague things about them, but it was really more like "This year is an amazing group of people, we're not always that lucky."

Reactions: BigKari
The Wheeler stuff was such a mess, it was so obvious that what was going on with him was so far above and beyond his mysterious “ankle injury.” It was also a reminder at how gullible some people are that they actually defended that mess until the end as if that dude really was hurt.

say what daniel zillmann GIF by erpetem

did you ever go all-in with pocket aces and get called with pure junk and lose, sometimes it just happens
Did that once. Villain had Q-8. Flip was rainbowed 2-3-5. The turn he hits a queen. Still good. River he hits another queen and acts like he did something special. Never play poker with stupid lucky people.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I don’t know, but I will say it seemed like no one (players, Cal, staff, and fans) was having fun last season.

I’ve been on some teams like that, and it’s miserable and eveyone is counting down to the end. Luckily the vibe this year is completely different.

Did that once. Villain had Q-8. Flip was rainbowed 2-3-5. The turn he hits a queen. Still good. River he hits another queen and acts like he did something special. Never play poker with stupid lucky people.
Well after you find out they are lucky, it is a little too late. Can't look at a player before playing and see he is lucky. But,, pro poker guy needs to get over himself. EVERY player needs luck. Not one damn player has ever won a tournament and not have luck involved. NOBODY, including you. You have won hands the exact same way you lost it. Maybe YOU played ot wrong and checked down or bet piss poor to allow him to stay away for 4th and 5th street ?? Just a thought.

Well after you find out they are lucky, it is a little too late. Can't look at a player before playing and see he is lucky. But,, pro poker guy needs to get over himself. EVERY player needs luck. Not one damn player has ever won a tournament and not have luck involved. NOBODY, including you. You have won hands the exact same way you lost it. Maybe YOU played ot wrong and checked down or bet piss poor to allow him to stay away for 4th and 5th street ?? Just a thought.
Can’t help if it was an all in before flop. Dude called me like an idiot. He just lucked out. Happens.

They just weren’t that good. We had Oscar and Wallace.

No one to help them.

Teams triple teamed Oscar and no one stepped into the void.

No point guard.

Only defender was Wallace.

Just a bad mix.

Can’t help if it was an all in before flop. Dude called me like an idiot. He just lucked out. Happens.
Well if he called your all in before the flop having only a Q8, he is not lucky he is an idiot. Now if after he flopped the Q, having high pair on the board possible not too silly.

Wheeler was a bitch and Oscar was a weirdo. Made for a dysfunctional locker room.

Idk if he was weird. I think it's different cultures and being on a team full of guys who want to party, and bang a bunch of girls when your Uber religious and not from this country that made it awkward.

Idk if he was weird. I think it's different cultures and being on a team full of guys who want to party, and bang a bunch of girls when your Uber religious and not from this country that made it awkward.

He had a dream that the plane crashed and thought he was in Final Destination, and ended up freaking the team out with his nonsense.

Well it’s just a question, just never understand what went wrong for that group and how it went downhill fast
Oscar. Cal didn’t like him and we couldn’t play the way we wanted cause he clogged up the middle and the guards couldn’t shine.

That team seemed cliquey.
Wheeler was a pouty baby.
Oscar was apparently very preachy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT