ADVERTISEMENT

I honestly never took the bait with this team, and still not biting.

I want to believe they can make a run but an inconsistent team with a mediocre coach leads to early round exits.
I stopped going to the SEC tourney when our mediocre coach said he didn't place a lot of emphasis on it so I save my time and money. Nothing about last night's game surprises me. We can play and beat anybody but can be beat by anybody and that's the mark of a inconsistent team with little hope of a run.
It will be over soon and then it will be another round of the draft is the biggest thing and then the summer hype machine will start...rinse,lather and repeat and then it will be another inconsistent group with the same mediocre coach.

I said the beginning of the season Cal would underachieve with this CRAZY talented team.

That said I was gaining a lot of that pumped sunshine and really thought this team was gaining tons of the right mojo.

But I still believe Cal underachieves in the NCAA Tournament.
In all fairness, our top three recruits haven’t come close to living up to their potential so while the ceiling is there, they’re barely above the floor. Coaching, overrated, no idea but this team is missing a big man and none have apparently had to play defense in the past.

I said the beginning of the season Cal would underachieve with this CRAZY talented team.

That said I was gaining a lot of that pumped sunshine and really thought this team was gaining tons of the right mojo.

The guy underachieves on multiple fronts:

- SEC regular season titles
- SEC tournament titles
- NCAA tournament titles
- teaching offense
- teaching defense
- game prep
- communication with media
- communication with fans
- roster building
- continuity of roster for sake of education

I never jumped back on the Cal train and never will. The man has shown his incompetence far too many times. Any fan who has been listening to Cal's car salesman talking points like "built for March" are just fooling themselves. This NCAA Tourney will be another disappointment just like the last few years and just like the next few years until this guy is gone. Just is what it is.

Away for a weekend trip with some friends, so I missed the game last night. Recorded it. Caught glimpses of the game at the restaurant. Wish I could say I was surprised, but it’s been that kind of season. I don’t get excited about “the next big recruit” anymore. I don’t even say no to invitations to go on trips this time of year because our program isn’t worth passing on life experiences anymore. It doesn’t make me happy saying that either.

So who are we losing? Shep? Dilingham? Who else?
Reed is gone. Rob is gone. Reeves and Mitchell are obviously gone. Wagner is gone. Edwards is likely gone. Z is gone. I’d put Bradshaw at 50/50 on a transfer.

Theiro and Ugo likely stay.

I want to believe they can make a run but an inconsistent team with a mediocre coach leads to early round exits.
I stopped going to the SEC tourney when our mediocre coach said he didn't place a lot of emphasis on it so I save my time and money. Nothing about last night's game surprises me. We can play and beat anybody but can be beat by anybody and that's the mark of a inconsistent team with little hope of a run.
It will be over soon and then it will be another round of the draft is the biggest thing and then the summer hype machine will start...rinse,lather and repeat and then it will be another inconsistent group with the same mediocre coach.
It really felt like it was another night where Cal just said let's keep throwing ish on the wall until something sticks. Well something stuck it just wasn't good. NO CONSISTENCY is the hobgoblin here, no doubt.

The team is wonderful and I love the kids, it's the driver that I'm worried about.

Sorry but anyone who didn’t buy in on these guys at the end of season has gotta be pretty miserable. We all had our doubts at times this year, but up until last night, they have been good even looked solid on defense the last 7-8 games.

We looked trash last night tho, just like we did at the start of the year. Hoping we haven’t regressed and it was just a one off. Congrats tho for coming back to let us know how smart you are, always enjoy these I was right all along posts.

Sorry but anyone who didn’t buy in on these guys at the end of season has gotta be pretty miserable. We all had our doubts at times this year, but up until last night, they have been good even looked solid on defense the last 7-8 games.

We looked trash last night tho, just like we did at the start of the year. Hoping we haven’t regressed and it was just a one off. Congrats tho for coming back to let us know how smart you are, always enjoy these I was right all along posts.
I don't think you were getting me correctly here I'm not coming back because I'm glad I'm right, I don't need that. What I'm wanting is to see this team have its best chance which I'm saying it doesn't because of who is in the driver's seat.

I don't think you were getting me correctly here I'm not coming back because I'm glad I'm right, I don't need that. What I'm wanting is to see this team have its best chance which I'm saying it doesn't because of who is in the driver's seat.
Well we are in agreement there. Cal’s misuse of this team most of the season has been coaching malpractice. I thought up until tonight they could go on a run not because of but in spite of Cals stubbornness and arrogance. Now I’m not so sure.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96

These posts wouldn't happen if people like you didn't shame fans on this board for expressing doubts about the team when they lose games they should win, like three in a row at home etc. So stop whining, you're getting what you earned.

These posts wouldn't happen if people like you didn't shame fans on this board for expressing doubts about the team when they lose games they should win, like three in a row at home etc. So stop whining, you're getting what you earned.
WTF are you talking too I’ve been very clear that Cal has misused this team terribly. My point is that you are a special kinda sad if you still refused to buy in when by all accounts this team looked very solid. At that point dip shites like yourself are tue problem bc of you allowing your dislike of the coach to prevent you from enjoyment. So, congrats for being an idiot. I have plenty of disdain for our coach, but I can still enjoy and acknowledge when they are playing well.

Say what you want but I still don't believe we have a chance, especially after last night. I do agree that Cow won't be allowed another title, and our Matador defense will cost us this season. Flame away, I know, and would love the crow.
How can one be optimistic when the coach can’t coach? CCC, enough said. As long as he can get young men to the NBA with his name beside them he’ll be happy. I really believe he could care less about UK ever winning another championship.

Is he really underachieving? Besides recruiting, maybe he is doing the best he can!? Seems an early out in tournaments and 10 loss seasons are the best he has been able to do for the past several years. From gold standard to mediocre.

The team is wonderful and I love the kids, it's the driver that I'm worried about.
I love this team too. Problem is they are living in the program Cal created which results in focusing on lottery picks, not winning any tournaments and not building on our lead over Kansas and other programs for wins. The problem he has created is this team could win a championship in another year or two but we will never get to see that come to fruition as most of them will move on to the NBA after this year. Then rinse and repeat over and over. That is why Cal must go now.

Well we are in agreement there. Cal’s misuse of this team most of the season has been coaching malpractice. I thought up until tonight they could go on a run not because of but in spite of Cals stubbornness and arrogance. Now I’m not so sure.
💯 Agree with every word of that right there it is abuse and malpractice unbelievable inexcusable and obvious for all to see omg how!!!!

WTF are you talking too I’ve been very clear that Cal has misused this team terribly. My point is that you are a special kinda sad if you still refused to buy in when by all accounts this team looked very solid. At that point dip shites like yourself are tue problem bc of you allowing your dislike of the coach to prevent you from enjoyment. So, congrats for being an idiot. I have plenty of disdain for our coach, but I can still enjoy and acknowledge when they are playing well.
Definitely buying in on the kids love them been fun to watch. Just sad knowing coach is going to ruin the outcome for them as a whole

I love this team too. Problem is they are living in the program Cal created which results in focusing on lottery picks, not winning any tournaments and not building on our lead over Kansas and other programs for wins. The problem he has created is this team could win a championship in another year or two but we will never get to see that come to fruition as most of them will move on to the NBA after this year. Then rinse and repeat over and over. That is why Cal must go now.
💯 Dead on, seen it for years now

This team has been a roller coaster ride. I’m always skeptical of penciling us in as a dominant team based on recruiting rankings, so I wasn’t necessarily on the hype train in the offseason. The frustrating thing with this team in particular is that they’ve actually shown flashes on the court that can make you believe in them momentarily. That North Carolina game was an extremely high level game from both teams, and we ended up winning it. We took it to Tennessee on their home floor just one week ago. We just can’t play at that level consistently, which will probably be our downfall.

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
Away for a weekend trip with some friends, so I missed the game last night. Recorded it. Caught glimpses of the game at the restaurant. Wish I could say I was surprised, but it’s been that kind of season. I don’t get excited about “the next big recruit” anymore. I don’t even say no to invitations to go on trips this time of year because our program isn’t worth passing on life experiences anymore. It doesn’t make me happy saying that either.
Apathy for many of us.... It has replaced anger and disbelief...

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT