ADVERTISEMENT

I have YouTube TV. Can someone walk me through steps to get the game?

I don’t have YouTube tv but if you have Facebook a guy called funchester tv is live streaming the game tonight

I just figured since I pay for ESPN and SEC network already, there ought to be some way to watch it. Maybe I’m wrong.

You need to download the ESPN app on whatever device you plan to watch the game on. Then, open the app, go to the "watch" section, find the game, select it, and it will prompt you to either watch using Espn+ or SecNetwork+. You want to select SEC Network+. It should then allow you to select your provider (youtube tv in your case) and you login using your credentials for that. Then you should be able to watch.

Last edited:
I have youtube TV also. But I use youtube and search for game. Have found everyone streaming on minutes..live.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
go to the ESPN app. Find the game and sign in using your YouTubetv account. There should be a prompt that tells you to sign in with your provider
This is the answer. OP, do this.

I'll add yes you can technically watch on the ESPN app/sit but in my experience its one of the worst for streaming. Half the time after signing in and selecting your provider it still never works. I normally end up just finding a stream on Youtube.

Reactions: treyforuk
You need to download the ESPN app on whatever device you plan to watch the game on. Then, find the game, select it, and it will prompt you to either watch using Espn+ or SecNetwork+. You want to select SEC Network+. It should then allow you to select your provider (youtube tv in your case) and you login using your credentials for that. Then you should be able to watch.
It really is a first world problem but ”they” (whoever that is)make it hard to find games now and not just UK and college hoops.

The good thing is once you sign in to the SEC+ thru YouTube, next time you should be able to just scroll to find the game and it should play, without having to login again with your credentials & password...that's how it worked for us anyway.

Added bonus, the game should be in your YT cloud DVR, once you have UK set up as a Fav.

YouTube tv has channels just like cable or dish. Just go to the channel the game is on. No reason to go to other apps.

Reactions: CatPhight
You need to download the ESPN app on whatever device you plan to watch the game on. Then, open the app, go to the "watch" section, find the game, select it, and it will prompt you to either watch using Espn+ or SecNetwork+. You want to select SEC Network+. It should then allow you to select your provider (youtube tv in your case) and you login using your credentials for that. Then you should be able to watch.
This is the way OP

He's talking about where you select games from the Home channel not the live guide, once you've logged into ESPN+ SEC+
He said you don’t need a separate app like espn. Where on youtubetv can you see the game without first going to the espn app?

He said you don’t need a separate app like espn. Where on youtubetv can you see the game without first going to the espn app?
I assumed he was talking about hitting it up from the Fav, which is the way to go, but you do have to login to set that up...YT is light years better than Spectrum, where you had to login every.single.time

I assumed he was talking about hitting it up from the Fav, which is the way to go, but you do have to login to set that up...YT is light years better than Spectrum, where you had to login every.single.time
I agree with that. I made UK my favorite FB and BB a team and it records the games automatically unless it is on SECN+. I have to go to the espn app for those games. Only two of those for BB.

Reactions: CatPhight
I agree with that. I made UK my favorite FB and BB a team and it records the games automatically unless it is on SECN+. I have to go to the espn app for those games. Only two of those for BB.
Killer for finding games on all the conference networks...ALWAYS something to watch.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
No matter what, you will be watching the game on the ESPN app. You can download it on your phone, your Roku, Amazon firestick, or smart TV. (or view it on a laptop through a web browser).

ESPN+ is a service available for $9.99 a month. You can access the game with this service. Open up the espn app, find the ESPN+ feed of the game, click on it, and it will prompt you to log in. Done!

SECN+ is a feed of the game on the ESPN app that you may only access if you have a tv provider such as YouTubeTV, Dish, Spectrum, so long as your package includes SEC Network. Open the ESPN app, find the feed of the game indicating SECN+, click on it and you’ll login with your providers credentials. Done!

So can I get the game on the ESPN app without having espn+/sec+ if I have the regular espn channel through YouTube tv?

Will it be on HULU?

If you pay for both Hulu and espn+, and you accounts are linked, and it shows the ESPN+ feed among your options, yes.

If you only pay for regular Hulu, NO.

If you pay for Hulu LIVE that includes the SEC network, you may open the ESPN app, find the SECN+ feed of the app, click it, login with your Hulu LIVE information, and you can view that stream.

So can I get the game on the ESPN app without having espn+/sec+ if I have the regular espn channel through YouTube tv?

Your YouTubeTV package includes the SEC network. Therefore you have access for the SECN+ feed on the ESPN app by finding the SECN+ stream, clicking on it, and logging in wit your YouTubeTV credentials

There will be a ESPN+ feed on there as well that you will not have access to because you don’t pay $9.99 a month for that feed. Don’t click on that one.

It is important to note that ESPN+ and SECN+ are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS

Reactions: NBA-HD
Much appreciated.
This way is possibly more cumbersome than using other methods but easily works for me as a happy Youtube TV subscriber:

1) Go to ukathletics.com
2) Highlight "Teams"
3) Choose the applicable team's schedule
4) For example, highlight UK's game tonight on the schedule...Stonehill at UK and choose "Watch"
5) It will then ask for you to verify your Youtube TV subscription. Highlight "Youtube TV" on the available list of providers.
6) Sign into Youtube TV.
7) You will initiate the game easily from this point as the game icon will come into view.

NOTE: This works well with other non-UK games on the SEC+ network--=just go to a team's schedule and hit "watch.". I do not presently have ESPN+ nor am I willing at this point to get it.

• Love
Reactions: Farsight
I only keep ESPN+ because it get it in a bundle with Hulu and Disney, grandfathered in so it’s cheaper to buy that than either two of the services. I’ve considered canceling but I need my Simpsons and Southwest Missouri women’s volleyball.

I used my moms spectrum login for ESPN proper lol

I have YouTube TV. I have tried watching the first 2 games that were on SEC+ by logging into the ESPN app and then providing my YTTV credentials. Apparently, SEC+ is a paid subscription and I’m still unable to access it. I have found the first two games by simply going to YouTube, typing in Kentucky vs *insert whatever cupcake we’re playing* and searching for the live stream on there. Does anyone else with Youbtube TV have the same problem I’m having with the ESPN app? I’d rather watch through that as the live stream on YouTube isn’t exactly HD quality.

I have YouTube TV. I have tried watching the first 2 games that were on SEC+ by logging into the ESPN app and then providing my YTTV credentials. Apparently, SEC+ is a paid subscription and I’m still unable to access it. I have found the first two games by simply going to YouTube, typing in Kentucky vs *insert whatever cupcake we’re playing* and searching for the live stream on there. Does anyone else with Youbtube TV have the same problem I’m having with the ESPN app? I’d rather watch through that as the live stream on YouTube isn’t exactly HD quality.

If you pay for YouTubeTV that includes the SEC network, you absolutely have access for the SECN+ feed you find on the ESPN app. It is NOT a paid add on.

There is also an ESPN+ feed on the ESPN app. That is a paid subscription.

The two feeds look nearly identical except for small letters in the corner of the title picture, one that says SECN+ and one the says ESPN+. You are likely clicking on the ESPN+ feed by mistake. You need to make absolutely sure you are clicking on the SECN+ feed.

You have to make sure once you are on the espn app, that you find the game and it says SECN+. There will also be a button with ESPN+ but if you try that one it will ask for you to subscribe and pay. If you click the SECN+ button, you won’t have to pay.

If you pay for YouTubeTV that includes the SEC network, you absolutely have access for the SECN+ feed you find on the ESPN app. It is NOT a paid add on.

There is also an ESPN+ feed on the ESPN app. That is a paid subscription.

The two feeds look nearly identical except for small letters in the corner of the title picture, one that says SECN+ and one the says ESPN+. You are likely clicking on the ESPN+ feed by mistake. You need to make absolutely sure you are clicking on the SECN+ feed.
Thank you! You’re right. I was using the ESPN+ icon instead 👌🏼

Reactions: StubbornPenny
it's so very simple. you pay a $ fee to espn+/SEC+ and if you have a TV provider like YOUTUBE.TV then you can access it. it's that simple. but remember, you won't be viewing this through the youtube TV app...on your phone or a web browser on your computer.

He can use his YouTubeTV account to access the SECN+ feed because his YouTubeTV has SEC network.

He cannot access the ESPN+ feed because he does not subscribe to EPSN+.

He worded it incorrectly. He definitely needs one of the two listed in this post to access the respective feeds.

Reactions: NBA-HD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT