ADVERTISEMENT

I have always thought Athlon's pre-season assessments were...

Everytime Wildcard prefaces a thread with "I have always that ________ was questionable at best", it's inevitable that we will be treated to some passive-aggressive cunning at its finest. I have always thought that Wildcard was very clever.

Strange, I could've sworn that Smith guy outperformed the other guy in that game oh, whenever it was. Rankings will be rankings.

I'm happy to say I've never wasted the first penny on that rag - panders heavily to the big names with big fan bases aka customers. Eason at 21 is a joke. He did nothing to deserve that kind of ranking and finished near the bottom of SEC QBs year - below that Smith guy. Eason is on a fast track to joining Jeff Driskel and other 5 star busts.

Run to their website and download your resume'...can't be any worse than this maroon. So, a guy like Johnson, who played at a high level the last half of the season doesn't get a mention? LOL.

Run to their website and download your resume'...can't be any worse than this maroon. So, a guy like Johnson, who played at a high level the last half of the season doesn't get a mention? LOL.
Actually he did get a mention wondering if he can beat out number 76 Drew Barker.

Everytime Wildcard prefaces a thread with "I have always that ________ was questionable at best", it's inevitable that we will be treated to some passive-aggressive cunning at its finest. I have always thought that Wildcard was very clever.

Clever and you forgot to mention smart and well prepared. One of the best posters no matter who is his favorite team. Same as Grumpy.

We have one of the top three QB's in the sec and he gets no respect. That upsets me. I think Johnson ends up being a second or third rounder in the draft.

When asked for his reaction to not being ranked, while Lamar Jackson was ranked #1 in a meaningless preseason poll, Johnson said, "41-38".

That said, Jackson is a great player and a prime example of a player that should be allowed to go pro when ready. But it worked out well for Clemson that their QB was forced to come back.

Reactions: JDHoss
We have one of the top three QB's in the sec and he gets no respect. That upsets me. I think Johnson ends up being a second or third rounder in the draft.
I love the guy and hope for bigger and better things this year, but he's not an NFL QB. No way, no how. Doesn't mean he isn't a good college QB but, NFL? Nope. FWIW, don't think Jackson is, either, but he'll get a better shot than SJ.

I love the guy and hope for bigger and better things this year, but he's not an NFL QB. No way, no how. Doesn't mean he isn't a good college QB but, NFL? Nope. FWIW, don't think Jackson is, either, but he'll get a better shot than SJ.
But just look how he carried this team to 7 wins Id on his arm talent, ability to read coverages and his legs. Idk how many games Barker played but I'm sure we saw he's best. No way he could've progressed the way Johnson did through out the year

Reactions: Bryo72
This shows me that the folks at Athlon are lazy when it comes to researching teams they don't respect and/or care about.

Interesting that Southern Miss is ranked at 118, with at least 3 Big 10 teams ranked no higher than 90.

If they try to start Barker over Johnson there will be a full on mutiny
A mutiny? LOL! Do you think you might be overreacting a little? Nobody connected with our team has said a word about starting Barker. The kid just participated in his 1st scrimmage since having back surgery. Most Kentucky fans understand our coaches know how to put together their depth chart.

Reactions: jauk11 and cat888
A mutiny? LOL! Do you think you might be overreacting a little? Nobody connected with our team has said a word about starting Barker. The kid just participated in his 1st scrimmage since having back surgery. Most Kentucky fans understand our coaches know how to put together their depth chart.

Absolutely my man..but when you take a leader out of a key position) who is clearly your best chance to win) then absolutely fans and players will turn on a coaching staff 100%. I'm assuming Barker is your guy but I hate to tell you that Johnson is clearly, clearly the better option this season.

==================
P.S: If you attempt to make a mockery out of someone don't be surprised if they respond likewise

Last edited:

Somehow I get the feeling that you have never picked up a football in your entire life.

Reactions: woodson991

I'm confused about what your point with this message is lol you do realize what a mutiny is, don't you? You do realize how a depth chart works, don't you? The best player is 1st, the 2nd best player is 2nd. Johnson is clearly number 1.

Absolutely my man..but when you take a leader out of a key position) who is clearly your best chance to win) then absolutely fans and players will turn on a coaching staff 100%. I'm assuming Barker is your guy but I hate to tell you that Johnson is clearly, clearly the better option this season.
==============================================
please watch the insults - not necessary to make your point.

==================

P.S: If you attempt to make a mockery out of someone don't be surprised if they respond likewise

To cut to the chase. I believe our coaches know what they are doing. They will pick starters who earn the jobs. If you want to mutiny, go ahead.

Reactions: CatsFanGG24

==================
This guy is obviously as crazy as athlon. Everyone watching has seen how talented Johnson is

To cut to the chase. I believe our coaches know what they are doing. They will pick starters who earn the jobs. If you want to mutiny, go ahead.
Just look at Johnson's numbers. I think we should throw it more this year and depend on SJ arm talent more

Just look at Johnson's numbers. I think we should throw it more this year and depend on SJ arm talent more
Everyone has an opinion. The results of those mean little in the grand scheme of college football.

The job gets done on the field. Many have tried and many have failed. Stars mean nothing except to those who have to sell ratings and Internet hits.

At the end of the day, I support Stephen Johnson and Drew Barker. Someone will have to show me a better QB duo in the SEC.

I'm happy to say I've never wasted the first penny on that rag - panders heavily to the big names with big fan bases aka customers. Eason at 21 is a joke. He did nothing to deserve that kind of ranking and finished near the bottom of SEC QBs year - below that Smith guy. Eason is on a fast track to joining Jeff Driskel and other 5 star busts.

Was 17/31 for 245 yards, 1 TD and no INT vs Kentucky despite at least four drops. Playing QB as a true freshman isn't easy - just watch what he does this season.

Was 17/31 for 245 yards, 1 TD and no INT vs Kentucky despite at least four drops. Playing QB as a true freshman isn't easy - just watch what he does this season.
So he should be ranked this high? Bet Johnson puts up better numbers than Easom next year. I actually like Easom but he has not done much to deserve that ranking. Hell Johnson lost 80 yards and a td on one throw in that game.

==================
Yep yep and yep sj

LJ winning the Heisman over Waston was a WTF if ever there was one... It sure casts a shadow over the whole process... Never heard a bad thing about Lamar "Socks" Jackson but his finish to the season was underwhelming.... In an offense designed for the pass he uses his legs... Had he played at GA Tech it would he would have been more impressive... Is he a better runner or passer? Someone in, The League, will take a chance.
Cleveland I'm hoping;)

Haven't read much respect in any national publication for CATS football in last 60+ years. Same old same old, don't worry bout it!
A healed and healthy Drew Barker imo. will give us a quality qb. position!

Clearly this writer is just lazy and is guessing at which QBS will even be starting instead of doing any research.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT