ADVERTISEMENT

I have a question about Cal's spokesman deals.

Creed Bratton

All-American
May 31, 2018
Lex Town
Lets say he is the spokesman for a company and gets paid x amount of dollars to do TV and radio ads. Then he leaves for another school so the company no longer wants him as the spokesman. Do they typically pay the money up front and if so does he owe them a pro rated portion back or do they pay it in increments and the contract terminates at the end of incremental period of time?

I am just curious how it works because if I were some of these companies that have agreed to pay him a large amount to endorse my company and he leaves I don't want the old coach on my ads but if you have paid a ton of money I wouldn't want to just scrap those ads and lose all that money either.

I would imagine if it's like that it's on the yearly. Probably pay him X amount to run the ads for the year. Since the seasons over the deal was probably fulfilled and obviously won't be renewed next year I guess.

All those spokesman ads are through IMG (like Paul Miller Ford) and the money is paid to the school and incorporated into the coaches contract.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Won’t happen but what I would love is if those contracts had stipulations for situations like this. Because yeah sure the season’s over, but that money was the whole year advertising budget for Central Bank, for example. So why should they be stuck with seven/eight months of worthless ads? Sure they can get new ads from Pope but that’s not ftee.

Ideally they’d have clauses where in a situation like this either Cal would pay back a prorated amount that they could give to Pope or otherwise they could force him to reshoot the ads however their advertising departments thought they could still make money off him.

Like we’d get to hear Cal on a radio spot going:

“Unlike me, the great team at Paul Miller Ford is dedicated to always being here for you and fulfilling all of their promises. At Paul Miller, it’s not just talk.”

Can you imagine how many freaking cars that would sell? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Tf2217
Like we’d get to hear Cal on a radio spot going:

“Unlike me, the great team at Paul Miller Ford is dedicated to always being here for you and fulfilling all of their promises. At Paul Miller, it’s not just talk.”

Can you imagine how many freaking cars that would sell? 😂
I laughed way too hard at that. Well done!

• Love
Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT