ADVERTISEMENT

Cousins post

Do any former players donate to the school or NIL??? Cal loves to boast about “changing kids lives” so do they scratch his back since he claims he’s done so much for them? Idk, I’m asking for those that do.

cousins is one of my favorites in the cal era and he should like and support his coach but idc lol whether he stays or goes at this point is beyond what former players think

Reactions: blubo
As long as he leaves I don't care how much shit he talks. Let him be somebody else's problem. His legacy is what he made of it. An egotistical asshole.
I just can't imagine if he is on the show he talks about it was great being the UK coach for 15 years but i am moving on etc. If he is on there he is going to speak about next year and all of us will be talking about how big a pssy our AD is

I just can't imagine if he is on the show he talks about it was great being the UK coach for 15 years but i am moving on etc. If he is on there he is going to speak about next year and all of us will be talking about how big a pssy our AD is
Our AD is going to be exposed soon. Does he have the cahoonas to do what's best for the program and fire Calipari or is he gonna wilt and ignore BBN.

Its's ugly now and going to get WORSE !! His guys will disassociate from the program, this will hurt some fans who take pride in the guys we have produced. I actually talked to a co-worker in Austin this morning and the rumor there is if Cal gets fired, UT may move on from Rodney Terry and pursue Cal. I could see him being interested in Texas, as it would allow him to go to a top program in the SEC , where he has had great recruiting success and a chance to get back at UK. Unfortunately this is Mitch's biggest fear and will be the biggest barrier to a separation. This is going to get really nasty, really quick.

Reactions: Pmalone6719
Do any former players donate to the school or NIL??? Cal loves to boast about “changing kids lives” so do they scratch his back since he claims he’s done so much for them? Idk, I’m asking for those that do.
Probably it. They came for Calipari which we all are aware of and NOT our BBN tradition. They’ll donate to Cal with gifts but that’s about it. Can you blame them? I don’t like it either
Its's ugly now and going to get WORSE !! His guys will disassociate from the program, this will hurt some fans who take pride in the guys we have produced. I actually talked to a co-worker in Austin this morning and the rumor there is if Cal gets fired, UT may move on from Rodney Terry and pursue Cal. I could see him being interested in Texas, as it would allow him to go to a top program in the SEC , where he has had great recruiting success and a chance to get back at UK. Unfortunately this is Mitch's biggest fear and will be the biggest barrier to a separation. This is going to get really nasty, really quick.
spot on!

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Those great players that were here before Campari started coaching remember what real Kentucky basketball was should know that it is time for a change.

Last edited:
Blind loyalty is all it is. I have some connections with a former Cal guy. Group text he sent today said UK would never win another title without Cal.

I mean, Cal’s going to leave sometime or another so I guess just shut down the program when he does

Reactions: RunninRichie

This shit is gonna be a nasty situation. If he stays the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled and if he leaves the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled. The fanbase still needs a reset but this breakup if it happens will be nasty
This is the University of Kentucky and not the university of John Calipari. This university existed before John and will exist after him if our AD is smart enough to cut ties with him. However, I am not so certain about some of the fans. John seems to have become some fans out-of-control addition. There are plenty of serious issues before us, but John isn't one of them. Give this man his walking papers and move on.

I'm not hating on Boogie. Just saying he's known to wear his emotions on his sleeves.
Yes you did. YOU said "Who besides a UK fan would put a lot of stock in Cousins opinion, he never has had a sterling reputation for judgement." Sounds like you are hating on him big time. Maybe you or media may not think much of his opinion or input, but PLAYERS do.
Cal has done a lot of damage himself with his refusal to change or being stubborn, but if you don't think this will not get ugly, you haven't paid attention or severely underestimate the former players pull in recruiting. And the people stating his former players do not care about Cal, you are badly mistaken. NIL fund will definitely suffer, and you can make up all kinds of "So what, who cares" and "we don't need it" and you couldn't be more wrong. No matter WHO the coach is at UK, we need a strong NIL fund to keep up with the UNC's, Kansas, and Duke's of the recruiting world. In TODAYS landscape of college basketball, if we do not have $$ to get the top shelf players, we will fall by the waste side and become a lower level player in todays college basketball. if we try to recruit players that do not require a NIL deal or recruit on the cheap, you think it is bad now, you haven't seen bad. Not saying I do not want a change, do not mistake my post as defending Cal or not wanting a change, it is to drive home just how important NIL is in todays game to keep it with the Jones (IN LANDING TALENT). if you do not have the talent, coaching will not matter, the portal is here to stay and players do not come cheap.

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie

This shit is gonna be a nasty situation. If he stays the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled and if he leaves the amount of toxicity will be unrivaled. The fanbase still needs a reset but this breakup if it happens will be nasty
True ... and a dysfunctional carpetbagging Calipari will do nothing to diffuse the animosity ... it's who he is, a petulant child. He will fan the flames ... proving he needs to go.

Blind loyalty is all it is. I have some connections with a former Cal guy. Group text he sent today said UK would never win another title without Cal.

I mean, Cal’s going to leave sometime or another so I guess just shut down the program when he does
It is my opinion that we aren't going to win a Title with Calipari as coach either. The one he did get was with a freak once-in-a-lifetime player in AD. Not many of them around these days.
Sounds like blind loyalty to a former coach has clouded his judgement.

When your top priority is coach Cal. Not the university or "greater glory of BBN". Yet it was the university and BBN that made it all possible. "Players first" = "Coach first". It's the monster Cal created, and it's what he thrives on imo.

I get most players nowadays don't have much allegiance to colleges, but this kind of allegiance to a coach is more like hero or celebrity worship imo. "The Don" smh. BBN isn't part of "LaFamilia". Never has been.

Y’all go ahead and hate on Cal and our former players. That will go well.
Who is hating on the former players. I like cousin, but his “ the don” as he says is a washed fraud who should not be coming back here, but is because of AD is a chicken shit

This is the University of Kentucky and not the university of John Calipari. This university existed before John and will exist after him if our AD is smart enough to cut ties with him. However, I am not so certain about some of the fans. John seems to have become some fans out-of-control addition. There are plenty of serious issues before us, but John isn't one of them. Give this man his walking papers and move on.
Well he is coming back because Barnhart sucks. This never ending cycle of suck continues

Who is hating on the former players. I like cousin, but his “ the don” as he says is a washed fraud who should not be coming back here, but is because of AD is a chicken shit
To be honest, I don't care what Cousin thinks. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

Or, if he stays many of you could grow up and realize that being toxic all the time is not only not beneficial for the program, but it does nothing but make you look like children. It's the same look at me and my uneducated opinion that you see at the MAGA rally's.

I want Cal gone, but to act ilke he's terrible, can't coach, or is ruining the program is ridiculous, unless you think the program is so weak that some mediocre seasons are gong to kill it.

Or, if he stays many of you could grow up and realize that being toxic all the time is not only not beneficial for the program, but it does nothing but make you look like children. It's the same look at me and my uneducated opinion that you see at the MAGA rally's.

I want Cal gone, but to act ilke he's terrible, can't coach, or is ruining the program is ridiculous, unless you think the program is so weak that some mediocre seasons are gong to kill it.
The fact that you are using political shit just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. He has ruined the program, it’s been 5 years of constant bs and no changes. He can’t coach in game and for the most part hasn’t, he relies on his players being better than everybody and they aren’t anymore, so his lack of coaching shows up

We shouldn’t be surprised if they stop repping BBN in the future. They came for Cal & not our tradition. Hate to say it!

Duhh, all top recruits go to programs for the coaches. They couldn't care less that UK won a bunch of titles before their parents were even alive.

The fact that you are using political shit just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. He has ruined the program, it’s been 5 years of constant bs and no changes. He can’t coach in game and for the most part hasn’t, he relies on his players being better than everybody and they aren’t anymore, so his lack of coaching shows up

So the mighty UK program is ruined because of a handful of seasons with mediocre results, that's laughable. I'd say you were engaging in hyperbole but then I'd probably have to define it for you.

I would expect a former player to have his coach’s back.

Am I supposed to get mad about this?

True ... and a dysfunctional carpetbagging Calipari will do nothing to diffuse the animosity ... it's who he is, a petulant child. He will fan the flames ... proving he needs to

Duhh, all top recruits go to programs for the coaches. They couldn't care less that UK won a bunch of titles before their parents were even alive.
KD was one and done. Always repping Texas. Heck, he was at the recent Texas NCAA game throwing up the “hook’em”. Must be nice!!!!!!

Cal is in the bed he voluntarily made. This is the aftermath of not coaching to win games. The bill for players first above all else has come due.
You think Cal did not want to win games? You are a MORON.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT