ADVERTISEMENT

I guess this is why I don't watch NBA (until final 2 rounds of playoffs) and consider the league somewhat not real high level b-ball

And we wonder why some recruits don't wanna come to Kentucky when you got all these racist hayseeds as fans and they're allowed to spew racist drivel on this board. I hope Tre Mitchell doesn't read this.
It seems that any and everything is tolerated on this board. I am not sure which is worse, the garbage that was posted or the almost silence by board members.

Last edited:
It seems that any and everything is tolerated on this board. I am not sure which is worse; the garbage that was posted or the almost silence by board members.
Yeah it's absolutely disgusting. We have some guy making jokes about it too. They would say any of this shit in front of UK basketball players. Dude even slipped in some anti Semitic shit in there.

• Angry
Reactions: LmdCat
Not high level of basketball? Lol What's higher? College? Euro? Nba teams crush any other league. Also, people claiming no defense, rules, whatever clearly don't watch the NBA.
It shows they don't watch. I admit some of the games look like players aren't trying, until you see instant replay of any play up close. Every player is going all out

College bball is eons inferior to the 80s and 90s.

I’d argue NBA js just a much inferior product compared to years past

1. Do you really Jokic would score 30+ night on Olajuwon and centers in year past? Or better yet those guys would get their numbers in him as well….but he’s considered the best player in the world today.
2. The rules have totally changed the game

I’m not going to argue rhe greatness of Lebron and Curry would not shine in any era…but you’re about to see Jordan Poole score 20+ a night and he’s not a legit starting level player Jalen Green is putting up points ( very inefficient)

To see dudes play on overtime elite league and go high is a joke. Dude sitting out 30 games is common not a rarity

You can like it all you want…..all level of bball are just a terrible product IMO
Jokic is probably one of the top 2 centers that's ever played the game. He's the best passer in the league and I don't recall any center hitting fade away 3's in 1995.

Then you would be wrong on argument. Again, show me the guys that were even making step back dribble 3 pointers 30 years ago. Didn't happen. Now add 25 more feet to that 3 point shot . Nobody was even close offensively to what they are today. The number 20 guy today in the league would have been the 5/6th best in 1995.

NBA is the highest level of bball.

Bball is played differently than it was just a few years ago. I think this is for a reason, or teams would transition back to the previous ways of playing.

Most NBA drafts are full of busts and this one will have plenty of busts.

Draft would be more accurate if players had to stay in college as they previously did. It allowed NBA more time to scout. This is reason Oscar didn’t get drafted and younger players did. Teams don’t mind taking flyers after about the 20th pick. It will typically be on the younger and more athletic player.

All of these are reasons players want to get to draft as fast as possible. (I don’t like it, but I understand it and will not knock them.)

Jokic would dominate any era! Some old time big men defending the perimeter would look like Oscar did this year. I love Oscar, but he learned to play the game the way big men played it a decade ago. Colleges can still utilize that player, but NBA teams will abuse that kind of player defensively.

BTW - I think O gets better defensively. He simply never had to before.

College bball is eons inferior to the 80s and 90s.

I’d argue NBA js just a much inferior product compared to years past

1. Do you really Jokic would score 30+ night on Olajuwon and centers in year past? Or better yet those guys would get their numbers in him as well….but he’s considered the best player in the world today.
2. The rules have totally changed the game

I’m not going to argue rhe greatness of Lebron and Curry would not shine in any era…but you’re about to see Jordan Poole score 20+ a night and he’s not a legit starting level player Jalen Green is putting up points ( very inefficient)

To see dudes play on overtime elite league and go high is a joke. Dude sitting out 30 games is common not a rarity

You can like it all you want…..all level of bball are just a terrible product IMO
Jokik scored on LeBron and Davis in the Laker series.

Not high level of basketball? Lol What's higher? College? Euro? Nba teams crush any other league. Also, people claiming no defense, rules, whatever clearly don't watch the NBA.
It’s the highest level but it’s inferior in a lot of ways to the league of 20 years ago. I think that’s maybe what the op meant and it’s a fair point. I’d say that much of the disgust that college fans have with the NBA is really about how it has changed the college game for the worst.

This board is a greater example of how incredibly divisive and prone to gross overstatements with no wiggle room people mostly are. NBA is high level basketball full of outstanding athletes. It’s also full of problematic components including corruption, players who are drama queens, and lack of respect for the technical aspects of the game. This NBA draft class was pitiful so cherry picking draft classes full of excellent prospects and then comparing that to this class in no way validates or invalidates the competency of front offices.

This board is a greater example of how incredibly divisive and prone to gross overstatements with no wiggle room people mostly are. NBA is high level basketball full of outstanding athletes. It’s also full of problematic components including corruption, players who are drama queens, and lack of respect for the technical aspects of the game. This NBA draft class was pitiful so cherry picking draft classes full of excellent prospects and then comparing that to this class in no way validates or invalidates the competency of front offices.
Fair point....but 1996 draft class I shared with Iverson as top pick...I can pick about any class in the 90s...it's the same argument. Glenn Robinson nor Larry Johnson were hall of famers but a bunch of really great players coming out of college that were great NBA players. Look at the 2023 class I posted earlier...you can't even argue the proven production of 20 years ago drafts to today's draft classes. It's nearly entirely potential and who knows if these guys can ball. Like I said....3 of the top 5 opted to play in a non competitive glorified practice squad. When I see guys like Derek Lively and Grady Dick drafted dang near lottery....I just can't call that product elite stuff.

I know these guys are the best in the world today and NBA is more global which changes the game and the rule changes as well....but the talent is just was more unknown and almost half the lottery picks are glorified shots in the dark.

Top 20 picks in 1991

Top 20 picks 1994 draft

Bring the Kentucky Colonels back and I'll care about the NBA.

Just for arguments sake, the Colonels were never in the NBA.

My cousin, actually my Mom's cousin, was head of groundskeeping at the KFEC and was in charge of setting up Freedom Hall for events. He used to take me into the Colonels dressing room to meet and talk to players. Some of them gave me shoes and shirts, wristbands even got a game ball. Man those were fun times !!

Reactions: UKortho
Just for arguments sake, the Colonels were never in the NBA.

My cousin, actually my Mom's cousin, was head of groundskeeping at the KFEC and was in charge of setting up Freedom Hall for events. He used to take me into the Colonels dressing room to meet and talk to players. Some of them gave me shoes and shirts, wristbands even got a game ball. Man those were fun times !!
I had a Ky Colonels bed spread back in the day.

• Haha
Reactions: BillyJoeCat-fan
This draft blows no doubt about it. Wemby may end up good but I think he gets injured, Scoot and Miller should be good. Lively at 12 is a joke of all jokes. Many kids have who were taken later will end up being better players than most of the lottery. I think Keynote George will end up being one of the best players. The Thompson twins have a lot of promise too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT