ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Calipari will add one more scholarship player to the roster..

Not happening imo. Cal got his PF and his PG a few weeks ago, Nobody else coming this year.
Depth in the backcourt and frontcourt. Really no need for anyone else unless they are a truly game a changing player and I don't think there's one out there right now.

I’m in the camp that believes Wiseman stays in the 2019 class. I also think our roster is complete and there’s no need to bring anyone else in unless it’s someone that is a multi year player and can live with sparse minutes (ala Baker last season before he got hurt). Having said that, don’t see anyone out there he would waste a scholarship on given who could come back and the players were in on for next years class.

Reactions: catben and kev69
We're not adding anyone else. the recruiting experts I trust have all said if Wiseman reclassifies... it will be for Memphis and not UK... meaning everything they are hearing is that UK is recruiting as part of next years class and him reclassifying would be news to our staff , thus not good news for us.

Maxey is staying in his class............. and there arent even whispers or rumblings among UK insiders about us recruiting anyone else for this upcoming year.

I could see us getting a walk on caliber player but no one worthy of getting playing time.

Like most of us I too worry about injuries, but I think our team is set, so we just have to hope the injury bug doesn't bite us this year.

Like most of us I too worry about injuries, but I think our team is set, so we just have to hope the injury bug doesn't bite us this year.

But even great depth can't save you from an injury.

Look at 2015. Quite possibly the deepest team ever assembled, and one can still argue that a single injury foiled the season.

But even great depth can't save you from an injury.

Look at 2015. Quite possibly the deepest team ever assembled, and one can still argue that a single injury foiled the season.

Yup. I have no doubt that with a healthy Poythress, we cut the nets...assuming Higgins doesn't screw us even more.

In fact, I think a healthy WCS and a completely healthy Randle get us the title in '14.

Yup. I have no doubt that with a healthy Poythress, we cut the nets...assuming Higgins doesn't screw us even more.

In fact, I think a healthy WCS and a completely healthy Randle get us the title in '14.

The 15 team was "historically great defensively" until the Poythress injury, and was merely good defensively after his injury. Not only would we have gone 40-0 without a doubt, but some of those close calls (i.e. ND) wouldn't have been close. The "Platoon" created this synergy, where the team was better than the sum of all of the parts. Losing Poythress not only took away a player that we really didn't have another guy like him, but it also basically ended the "Platoon".

The 15 team was "historically great defensively" until the Poythress injury, and was merely good defensively after his injury. Not only would we have gone 40-0 without a doubt, but some of those close calls (i.e. ND) wouldn't have been close. The "Platoon" created this synergy, where the team was better than the sum of all of the parts. Losing Poythress not only took away a player that we really didn't have another guy like him, but it also basically ended the "Platoon".
Poythress was decent but never progressed over his college career. I doubt he would have been the difference in Kentucky going 40-0. How did Poythress do the following year? Just ok. Our frontcourt was weak. I think more of the reason that we didn’t beat Wisconsin is because Calipari loved the Harrison twins way too much. Ulis and Booker should’ve played starter minutes. Aaron Harrison was not a good 3 point shooter like he was supposed to be

Poythress was decent but never progressed over his college career. I doubt he would have been the difference in Kentucky going 40-0. How did Poythress do the following year? Just ok. Our frontcourt was weak. I think more of the reason that we didn’t beat Wisconsin is because Calipari loved the Harrison twins way too much. Ulis and Booker should’ve played starter minutes. Aaron Harrison was not a good 3 point shooter like he was supposed to be

Disagree.

Poythress had developed into a great defensive player.

He tore his ACL, and never truly recovered.

Never was a great offensive player, though.

We definitely missed his defense after he went down.

Reactions: crestcat
Disagree.

Poythress had developed into a great defensive player.

He tore his ACL, and never truly recovered.

Never was a great offensive player, though.

We definitely missed his defense after he went down.
Disagree. Kentucky’s defense was never an issue that season. The Harrison twins were underwhelming. Especially Aaron

ADVERTISEMENT