ADVERTISEMENT

10 year job

BBBLazing

Senior
Dec 30, 2009
Calipari said UK was a 10 year job. Since Coach Rupp, it appears as though he was correct. I feel like though, if Pope can get recruits, he could do something great here and be here for a generation, at least if the fans will allow it. Any thoughts?

Calipari said UK was a 10 year job. Since Coach Rupp, it appears as though he was correct. I feel like though, if Pope can get recruits, he could do something great here and be here for a generation, at least if the fans will allow it. Any thoughts?
He didn’t say it he said Joe B told him that. Joe B would know well. I have no idea what to expect from pope but a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of offense. I have no idea if he can reel in players we expected out of tubby that cal over delivered on. The SEC is packed with great coaches. Mark has his work cut out for him. If he can bring players then he will probably have success. Then again that depends on what kind of a coach he is. Is he adaptive. Will he implement a post game. I agree with cal that you need a legit post presence. That’s not mark though. In the sec it’s a very physical game does a wide open style get it done? Im skeptical when I see big offensive numbers. Like we saw in the tournament this year alot of games especially the first two rounds were played in the 60s and 70s. His record isn’t too good in games played in the 70s. National title teams can grind it out or run with you. That’s something I think will have to change in his approach. At least one legit post guy.

Pitino also said it was a 10-year job, best-suited for a younger coach with energy for it. He said that when he was young, of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT