ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like Calipari will add one more scholarship player to the roster..

Could it be Wiseman?
I’d feel more comfortable with at least 11 scholarship players. That’s how many we had the last two years. And if we only had ten scholarship players last year, then we would’ve played most the season (tournament included) with 7... that’s not too comforting. Yes all ten of these players could be good, but I feel like we need 1 more. I’d say either a 6’7” 3 or a 6’10”-7’ center

I hope he does add another scholarship player this year - but I’m just not sure who it could be at this late date. Would love for it to be Wiseman, but I’m believing it when he said he’s staying in 2019 class.

Danny and Rusty doing a little recruiting.

a>

via Imgflip Meme Generator

a>

Last edited:
People and their feelings. Cal has made it pretty clear that the roster is set. Normally, I’d feel concerned about having only 10 scholarship players too, but that’s because half are usually questionable contributors. This year we go 10 deep without a major drop-off. We already have the best and most balanced bench in Division 1. Period.

People and their feelings. Cal has made it pretty clear that the roster is set. Normally, I’d feel concerned about having only 10 scholarship players too, but that’s because half are usually questionable contributors. This year we go 10 deep without a major drop-off. We already have the best and most balanced bench in Division 1. Period.
this is spot on. Also Wiseman isnt reclassifying . He will be at UK this time next season .

Reactions: Cats192
What holes are there to fill? Another wing maybe?

Frontcourt with Washington, Montgomery, Travis, Richards

Backcourt with Green, Baker, Hagans, Quickley, Herro....

Johnson at the 3 and Herro can play the spot. Heck, Montgomery can log time there. I just don’t see the opportunity for anyone? This is one of the best rosters we have had in the past 5 plus years

Wiseman...he can bang against the likes a full grown man, travis. Against height with Richards, against a skilled montgomery...by the time he can be drafted, he'd be a monster and two time npoy, ndpoy

A 10 man roster worries me, because there's no room for error. A player could get homesick and transfer, another player could get injured. Then all of a sudden we've got an 8 man roster. I mean Brad Calipari trying to guard EJ Montgomery in practice. Please God forbid that never happens.

I've been hoping that Cal might sign a foreign kid that will be eligible this coming season. Like a 6'9" combo forward with big time 3-point range. Maybe a European kid that doesn't think that he hung the moon & the stars. Someone that might stick around here at least long enough to at least have a couple of bologna sandwiches.

A 10 man roster worries me, because there's no room for error. A player could get homesick and transfer, another player could get injured. Then all of a sudden we've got an 8 man roster. I mean Brad Calipari trying to guard EJ Montgomery in practice. Please God forbid that never happens.

I've been hoping that Cal might sign a foreign kid that will be eligible this coming season. Like a 6'9" combo forward with big time 3-point range. Maybe a European kid that doesn't think that he hung the moon & the stars. Someone that might stick around here at least long enough to at least have a couple of bologna sandwiches.

I think there are ten "scholarship" players. These are also all starter type players.

Jemarl Baker, Brad Calipari, Jonny David, Tyler Herro, Quade Green, Keldon Johnson, EJ Montgomery, Zan Payne, Immanuel Quickley, Nick Richards, PJ Washington, Reid Travis, And Ashton Hagans. Not sure what there is to "worry" about?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28

Cmon, brad would not guard a PF. Even if we lost two guys. There is more than one big on this team.

Yea, but if he does reclassify this year he’ll probably go to Memphis because of the talent we already have assembled, whereas next year there would be a wide open path to lots of PT.

Wiseman starts at the 5 if he reclasses and comes here. Richards probably sits the bench.

Wiseman, Travis, Washington, and Montgomery would be the rotation inside.

Montgomery or Washington probably pick up some minutes at the 3 as well.

I don't think it's going to happen, but Cal could/would make it work if he wanted to come.

You don't turn away a guy like Wiseman, especially since he has to play two seasons if he comes in early.

Wiseman starts at the 5 if he reclasses and comes here. Richards probably sits the bench.

Wiseman, Travis, Washington, and Montgomery would be the rotation inside.

Montgomery or Washington probably pick up some minutes at the 3 as well.

I don't think it's going to happen, but Cal could/would make it work if he wanted to come.

You don't turn away a guy like Wiseman, especially since he has to play two seasons if he comes in early.
Two years of that young man would be awesome!

The main reason I think it’d be smart to add one more player is 100% because of what happened last year. We had 11 scholarship players but 3 were out most of the year. If we lose three this year, then hoe comfortable do you feel with 7? Why not add one more. Ball the other blue bloods have at least 12. No I don’t think 12 is necessary but 11 would make things more comfortable. And yes I get that we have a solid 10. And I hate to say it but Kansas for example has a solid 12 guys who were at least a 4 star rating out of high school. So again, why wouldn’t you add 1 more?

The main reason I think it’d be smart to add one more player is 100% because of what happened last year. We had 11 scholarship players but 3 were out most of the year. If we lose three this year, then hoe comfortable do you feel with 7? Why not add one more. Ball the other blue bloods have at least 12. No I don’t think 12 is necessary but 11 would make things more comfortable. And yes I get that we have a solid 10. And I hate to say it but Kansas for example has a solid 12 guys who were at least a 4 star rating out of high school. So again, why wouldn’t you add 1 more?

No other "blueblood" has 10 starters on their roster.

Reactions: kev69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT