ADVERTISEMENT

I dare any remaining Calipari supporters to watch the last 5 minutes of each of these games.

A couple still came on yesterday and today to attack other posters. You have to think these peoples aren’t really UK fans the way they unconditionally support Cal.

I definitely think many of them aren’t real UK fans. I don’t know a single person in Lexington that wants Calipari except one guy and he’s not a huge fan anyway. He admits he doesn’t really follow it.

You cannot be a UK fan and support Calipari because he doesn’t win. Winning = support. This ain’t hard. They are trolls is what it looks like, some do a very good job.

I definitely think many of them aren’t real UK fans. I don’t know a single person in Lexington that wants Calipari except one guy and he’s not a huge fan anyway. He admits he doesn’t really follow it.

You cannot be a UK fan and support Calipari because he doesn’t win. Winning = support. This ain’t hard. They are trolls is what it looks like, some do a very good job.
Yeah which is why I said name and shame them. They should be banned, but they won’t be.

Reactions: Jeff2Reed
Been getting the bad bounce for almost a decade friends. But we’ll be ok, Donovan’s jet just landed on new circle.

This program is ablaze from top to bottom, even lost (NIL) TJ Beisner. He is pulling big name national ad buys for North Carolina. We can't even get our mascot in a national ad buy. The La Familia NIL fund, + $24 over the last 24 hr hours 😬

47915620-sad-baby-crying-little-girl.jpg
Couldn’t detect the sarcasm?

The guys that keep having issues with the Cal Cult being called out are the Cal Cult members themselves. My favorite ones are the guys that woke up a short time ago that are “not wanting people called out” because they know it’s referring to them.

It was asinine how much crap was thrown the way of the guys that called this from the beginning.

The simple thing to do here is this. If you were wrong and attacking people who were right, admit it and everyone would move on. Flacat just admit it. You were wrong.

Then everyone just accept no coach will come before the program again. They either win or they are pushed out.

This isn’t hard. Just do it.
Wrong about what?? Be careful painting everyone with the same broad brush just because they don’t fall in line with your hate crowd. No one was talking to you. Who are you this week anyway? Always been a Kentucky fan first. My question to the OP is and remains why waste on the emotional energy and create drama over something out of his control. I wasn’t/aren’t wrong about ANYTHING.

Apples and oranges. Football at that time since Brooks left performed abysmally

How is this apples and oranges? So you think Rupp having an average game attendance of around 8,000 fans next year would not facilitate a coaching change?

You too my friend! Enjoy it. I have no issues with anyone who does or can for sure.
Foxy I’m proud of you my friend. It takes a lot of strength to attain and keep sobriety.

@JPFisher I would gladly share a bourbon toast with you

I certainly hope the fanbase can pull together on this. I’ve personally been done with Calipari for several years but maintained a vestige of hope without any expectation
Now even that is gone.
Thank you for the thread OP. It needed to be said

Tubby "was ready to leave" because the fans were done with him. You're ignoring the whole reason why he wanted to get out of here. His entire family was sick of the pressure. These moves don't just happen in a vacuum. He continued coaching for another 15 years after he left here for lesser-paying jobs. Why do you think that was?
Do you really keep a list of people from this board?

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
Damn thats the hall of pain. I do not approve.
The coach of those teams should be fired. Period.
Please forward to Mitch

You're correct in that Calipari forgot a lot about basketball. 1 tournament win since 2019 suggests that you're absolutely on point about that.
Better be careful what you wish for, coach is one best all time. He brought us out of a dumpster, back to Blueblood status, stop being spoiled son. Calapri will bring up back wait and see, have you seen all the talent he will bring in.

• Wow
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Absolutely NOT, if so, why hasn’t it happened yet? You think Mitch pays attention to what the fans say? Boycotts? Don’t work. Not buying merch? Won’t work. It’s probably better if you tell me how you think fans CAN influence a change.
Any business manager not interested in the wants of the consumer, is a business manager not interested in self-preservation. He just mentioned the whole Joker fiasco. Mitch called us "microwave fans," but suddenly had a change of heart when no one was sitting the stands. Funny how that works. You seem to have some weird belief that Mitch is insulated from his actions or inactions.

Any business manager not interested in the wants of the consumer, is a business manager not interested in self-preservation. He just mentioned the whole Joker fiasco. Mitch called us "microwave fans," but suddenly had a change of heart when no one was sitting the stands. Funny how that works. You seem to have some weird belief that Mitch is insulated from his actions or inactions.
Not true, I think he isn’t concerned with what the fans want and think at all which is a huuuuge problem.

Better be careful what you wish for, coach is one best all time. He brought us out of a dumpster, back to Blueblood status, stop being spoiled son. Calapri will bring up back wait and see, have you seen all the talent he will bring in.
Have you ever thought about doing stand up comedy?
You seem to have a real knack.

Not true, I think he isn’t concerned with what the fans want and think at all which is a huuuuge problem.
I can tell you've never had a spouse or family who felt the pressure of a public position. It's clear in the way your write.

How do you think Cal's family and friends feel right now? How about the coaches wives of the staff? Calipari's emotions don't operate in a vacuum. Neither do those of his coaches, their families, or the players and their families.

Also, it's strange that you ignore how unhinged Cal has become as a result of the criticism he's taken. He's hardly stoic about any of it. It's clear the pressure is getting to him, and you appear to be the only fan I know who doesn't see it.

I can tell you've never had a spouse or family who felt the pressure of a public position. It's clear in the way your write.

How do you think Cal's family and friends feel right now? How about the coaches wives of the staff? Calipari's emotions don't operate in a vacuum. Neither do those of his coaches, their families, or the players and their families.

Also, it's strange that you ignore how unhinged Cal has become as a result of the criticism he's taken. He's hardly stoic about any of it. It's clear the pressure is getting to him, and you appear to be the only fan I know who doesn't see it.
Of course I see it, it’s evident by his performance or lack thereof. The “way I write?” Respectfully, you don’t know anything about me or my family so kindly keep your assumptions to yourself. The sad reality is that Cal, barring his leaving on his own, will be here next year and there’s nothing you, I or the vast majority (99%) of fans can do about it. Hopefully I’m wrong but I simply recognize that he’s holding all the cards thanks to Mitch

Of course I see it, it’s evident by his performance or lack thereof. The “way I write?” Respectfully, you don’t know anything about me or my family so kindly keep your assumptions to yourself. The sad reality is that Cal, barring his leaving on his own, will be here next year and there’s nothing you, I or the vast majority (99%) of fans can do about it. Hopefully I’m wrong but I simply recognize that he’s holding all the cards thanks to Mitch
We'll see if his family feels the same way, very shortly I would assume.

Foxy I’m proud of you my friend. It takes a lot of strength to attain and keep sobriety.

@JPFisher I would gladly share a bourbon toast with you

I certainly hope the fanbase can pull together on this. I’ve personally been done with Calipari for several years but maintained a vestige of hope without any expectation
Now even that is gone.
Thank you for the thread OP. It needed to be said
Thank you Bev! It’s a hard thing. Day after day but I fought hard to get my life back together the best I can. Still a long way to go but I don’t wanna go back.

See if you feel the same way about Calipari after you watch this dumpster fire of end-game meltdowns.

They are lurking everytime you mention a coach to replace cal they automatically come on and say no again they have cal so far up their ass they can't breathe

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
They can't. They are all just ignorant ass trolls who rather engage in pissing wars and live to bait and stir the pot. It's been their M.O. for years with deranged responses. Not real fans of Kentucky Basketball as they get more of a kick out throwing a win in fans faces than actual enjoyment after a victory.

Every time UK has the ball at the end of the half & are holding it for a last shot. When I see them doing this, I always say they won't even get off a shot. And the vast majority of the times they don't get off a shot.

Ah, yes. The ol' wait-and-see/wait 'til next year argument. Maybe the Calipari campaign can put those on a few shirts and pass them out after our first weekend exits going forward.

Give it time. Some Kentucky media made a good point that there's a real dilemma regarding the boosters (who do, in fact, count as fans). According to Lexington media, the boosters are having a hard time with the idea of writing a check to a man they hate.

I noticed you didn't address the Tubby Smith exit. Why do you think he left? Because of the AD? It was the pressure from the fans. When 2 1/2 million UK fans turn on a coach over the course of a few seasons, you don't think the coach feels that? You don't think his family feels that?

Literally every news outlet was taking shots at Cal today. Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Chris Broussard, the entire CBS panel, the entire tournament panel, Rich Eisen, Paul Finebaum, etc.

They're directly addressing the fan response to Cal. That's how it happens. Fan disgruntlement becomes the constant narrative, literally everywhere, regarding Kentucky. That's why Tubby left. It will only be even worse for Cal in the modern age of social media.

The pressure will be a fever pitch.

It was my understanding that Tubbys time ran it course and was let go/retired based on his on court performance. I’m not aware of any fan influence that affected his exit. I guess it remains to be seen but I still don’t see how the common fan, even with the media can run Cal off. It hasn’t happened yet and this poor performance is not anything new. I remain skeptical and believe it’s beyond the power of the anti Cal mob to do anything of substance to get it done.

Yep, to be seen.
Told ya, @flacat22 .

Give it time. Some Kentucky media made a good point that there's a real dilemma regarding the boosters (who do, in fact, count as fans). According to Lexington media, the boosters are having a hard time with the idea of writing a check to a man they hate.

I noticed you didn't address the Tubby Smith exit. Why do you think he left? Because of the AD? It was the pressure from the fans. When 2 1/2 million UK fans turn on a coach over the course of a few seasons, you don't think the coach feels that? You don't think his family feels that?

Literally every news outlet was taking shots at Cal today. Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd, Chris Broussard, the entire CBS panel, the entire tournament panel, Rich Eisen, Paul Finebaum, etc.

They're directly addressing the fan response to Cal. That's how it happens. Fan disgruntlement becomes the constant narrative, literally everywhere, regarding Kentucky. That's why Tubby left. It will only be even worse for Cal in the modern age of social media.

The pressure will be a fever pitch.
Hey, Moronic Leadbelly, who's laughing now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT