ADVERTISEMENT

I dare any remaining Calipari supporters to watch the last 5 minutes of each of these games.

He doesn't teach the game!!! That's why he needs to have much more talent than the opponents to win. Now days the top incoming Freshmen are NO WHERE NEAR as good as they were 10-15 years ago. But even with MORE talent, he has gotten even MORE lazy and his teams do NOT improve in ANY area from the start of the year to the end!!!

His players lately that do make it in the NBA VASTLY improve once they LEAVE UK!! Cal loves to take credit for "changing lives", but the truth is, these kids could go ANYWHERE in the country and be just as good or even BETTER!!!

Cal gets tight in tough matchups and that is transposed to his players!! Our kids for the last 4 years have played like they are SCARED TO DEATH!!!! Last night it was OBVIOUS and it has been for the last 4 NCAA Tournament games!! He just DOESN'T instill ANY confidence in his players. How can a kid come to UK and LOSE any type of confidence in themselves???!!!! It is all on Cal!!!!

SAD

Last edited:
Nah. Just many were lambasted, made fun of, ridiculed and told they were not true fans for being critical of Calipari or wanting him gone. Including media outlets over the years.
Today, I literally said one positive thing about Cal, after roasting the shit out of him in my other posts across the site, while calling for his job... and Nutcase McGee added me to the list. I know we're all recovering from getting bent by a garbage team but there's a serious amount of psychosis on this board. 😂

Today, I literally said one positive thing about Cal, after roasting the shit out of him in my other posts across the site, while calling for his job... and Nutcase McGee added me to the list. I know we're all recovering from getting bent by a garbage team but there's a serious amount of psychosis on this board. 😂
The "one positive" thing you said was "Cal's a good coach. He's just gotten on BBN's bad side over the past few years and it shows."

You also posted this deflection:

"You and the rest of the whiners screaming through your computer screens at me for that statement can disregard everything Cal's done from UMass to 2020, but that's on you all. He's a better recruiter than coach by a long shot, but he's won a national championship and been to six final fours..."

Talk about ill-timed deflection for Calipari. You think he's a good coach; you said so yourself. At one time, your statement would have been true. It's not anymore. Now your statement looks silly and reeks of a poster attempting to defend Cal. Don't want to make a list of Cal apologists, then don't come onto a UK message board a day after we lose to a 14 seed and stick up for him.

Bad timing for that, slick. Own the fact that you made these takes, and stop pretending that you're in that reasonable middle ground. You're not.

A hobby as in following Kentucky basketball on a message board?

Because you're here just to see the ads, right?
No, I’m just curious why you let such a small percentage (and shrinking) of the fan base get under your skin so much. You’re. Or going to convert them and you’ve started at least 3 threads calling them out. Why does it matter?

What’s weird about this? It shows how bad a guy is who makes ridiculous money at coaching
You don't think it's a little weird to keep a list of usernames and quotes from those users who have disagreed with you? Like this guy has to have a Word document with a list of names saved on his computer ready to post a moments notice. That's definitely taking it a bit further than just banter on a message board.

The positive thing you said was "Cal's a good coach. He's just gotten on BBN's bad side over the past few years and it shows."

You also posted this deflection:

"You and the rest of the whiners screaming through your computer screens at me for that statement can disregard everything Cal's done from UMass to 2020, but that's on you all. He's a better recruiter than coach by a long shot, but he's won a national championship and been to six final fours..."

Talk about ill-timed deflection for Calipari. You think he's a good coach; you said so yourself. At one time, your statement was true. It's not anymore. Now your statement looks silly and reeks of a poster attempting to defend Cal.

Bad timing for that, slick. Own the fact that you made these takes, and stop pretending that you're in that reasonable middle ground. You're not.
I'm not deflecting anything, and I said that I stand by my assertion later in that thread. If Cal goes to another school with a fresh start and a fanbase that isn't fed up with him, he might take a fourth team to the final four. Now, I don't think it'll happen even if he does leave. Like I said many times, I think he's resting on his laurels and I've agreed many times that he's just collecting a check at this point. I don't think he's got any drive to reach the pinnacle anymore. I want him gone.

Let me just say it here plainly. Again. I want Cal gone.

You are literally so enraged with Cal and his crappy leadership and coaching the past five years that you've created a black and white narrative that I don't even agree with. You're taking a positive thing I said about Cal that is backed up with evidence in the form of COTY honors, wins across his career, and recruiting classes, and using that to say I want him to stay. Not everything is a conspiracy or some subversive narrative. I want Cal bought out. Ship him to Michigan. Give him to the Nets. I don't care.

Me wanting Cal gone and also acknowledging that he's a good coach are not mutually exclusive. I'll reiterate some of my points for you... Cal is mediocre at best at Xs and Os, he's maybe the best recruiter in CBB (or was), is a great motivator (or was), and is alright at developing players. I give a lot of credit to his assistants for that particular success, though.

My middle ground is that I will quit UKMBB completely, for years, if we get rid of one awful coach and replace him with a BCG. Or, we could keep Cal for a few more years and that'll get me to that point as well. If that upsets you, frankly, tough.

No, I’m just curious why you let such a small percentage (and shrinking) of the fan base get under your skin so much. You’re. Or going to convert them and you’ve started at least 3 threads calling them out. Why does it matter?
Why? Because they've flaunted their "objective" views in our faces for years when many of us saw this train wreck coming years in advance. They scorned us, and called us bad fans. Now, they need to be put on blast.

387811b4-9c37-412d-9655-47398d23ad09_text.gif

You don't think it's a little weird to keep a list of usernames and quotes from those users who have disagreed with you? Like this guy has to have a Word document with a list of names saved on his computer ready to post a moments notice. That's definitely taking it a bit further than just banter on a message board.
Okay that may be a little much I agree, but the the videos tagged of the tourney losses isn’t being extra.

Reactions: JPFisher
So for you it’s all about being “right” and putting them in their place? Got it.
No, I'm for people being reminded of their moronic comments, even in a place as trivial as a sports message board. I've been wrong on many counts, but folks waiting too long and being wrong on Calipari has cost UK dearly. You can't juggle the keys to the kingdom over the moat without being called out for it, and if someone does, they need to be reminded of it. This program is far too important.

Bad perspective enables bad performance. This is bigger than just being "right" or "wrong." It's literally the enablement of burning our program to the ground that we're confronting here.

No, I'm for people being reminded of their moronic comments, even in a place as trivial as a sports message board. I've been wrong on many counts, but being wrong on Calipari has cost UK dearly.

Bad perspective enables bad performance. This is bigger than just being "right" or "wrong." It's literally the enablement of burning our program to the ground that we're confronting here.
But the fans had no part in that, I think your anger is misdirected mainly due to the fact you can’t comment to Cal himself so his supporters become fair game. You come across as a very angry dude, can’t be healthy.

We were robbed in every one of those games. Ever heard of Tim Donaghy? And, the players aren’t the same guys you see dominating the NBA, now. They were all drafted on potential & couldn’t have possibly been expected to lead us to a championship. The coach can’t make the shots for them & they just weren’t very good yet. That’s why it’s all THEIR fault.

Why do you care? You only like Reed Sheppard bc he’s white, from KY & his dad is Jeff. I hope you’re proud of your hero. He single-handedly ended our season & made Calipari look like a careless, pompous, unprepared &, overall, incompetent fool. But, he’s far from the only ingrate to ruin a season. This is like the 12th season in a row that loser, asshole players have cost Calipari a title. That’s how they thank the man who is solely responsible for their NBA careers.

Last edited:
I'm not deflecting anything, and I said that I stand by my assertion later in that thread. If Cal goes to another school with a fresh start and a fanbase that isn't fed up with him, he might take a fourth team to the final four. Now, I don't think it'll happen even if he does leave. Like I said many times, I think he's resting on his laurels and I've agreed many times that he's just collecting a check at this point. I don't think he's got any drive to reach the pinnacle anymore. I want him gone.

You are literally so enraged with Cal and his crappy leadership and coaching the past five years that you've created a black and white narrative that I don't even agree with. You're taking a positive thing I said about Cal that is backed up with evidence in the form of COTY honors, wins across his career, and recruiting classes, and using that to say I want him to stay. Not everything is a conspiracy or some subversive narrative. I want Cal bought out. Ship him to Michigan. Give him to the Nets. I don't care.

Me wanting Cal gone and also acknowledging that he's a good coach are not mutually exclusive. I'll reiterate some of my points for you... Cal is mediocre at best at Xs and Os, he's maybe the best recruiter in CBB (or was), is a great motivator (or was), and is alright at developing players. I give a lot of credit to his assistants for that particular success, though.

My middle ground is that I will quit UKMBB completely, for years, if we get rid of one awful coach and replace him with a BCG. Or, we could keep Cal for a few more years and that'll get me to that point as well. If that upsets you, frankly, tough.
That's fair. Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Last edited:
You really believe fans can't facilitate a coaching change? Go ask Tubby or Billy Gillispie what their take is on that.
Absolutely NOT, if so, why hasn’t it happened yet? You think Mitch pays attention to what the fans say? Boycotts? Don’t work. Not buying merch? Won’t work. It’s probably better if you tell me how you think fans CAN influence a change.

You’re a good dude JP. To be honest with you it’s weird to me how things went downhill so fast. I had no problem with Cal getting that contract when he got it. I never would have believed we are that point we are with him.

The last six minutes of the Wisconsin game are hilarious. The players are playing hot potato and they look completely uncoached. It’s quite possibly the worst piece of bench coaching since the inception of the peach basket.

Absolutely NOT, if so, why hasn’t it happened yet? You think Mitch pays attention to what the fans say? Boycotts? Don’t work. Not buying merch? Won’t work. It’s probably better if you tell me how you think fans CAN influence a change.
What do you think boosters are? Objective onlookers who just stand aside and let the wheels of motion act independently of human action? You think Mitch sent Gillispie packing because he had an independent thought regarding Calipari? The whole decision was influenced by fans.

The boosters are the elite microcosm of this fan base, and they're directly affected by the proletariat portion of the fan base each March.

For Mitch to turn down an interview after the game says a lot. I don’t remember him ever doing that. I bet he pays more attention to fans than what people realize. He’s been an AD a long time and is bet the boosters are pissed off.

What do you think boosters are? Objective onlookers who just stand aside and let the wheels of motion act independently of human action? You think Mitch sent Gillispie packing because he had an independent thought regarding Calipari? The whole decision was influenced by fans.

The boosters are the elite microcosm of this fan base, and they're directly affected by the proletariat portion of the fan base each March.
I just said the same thing about boosters. Imagine how mad they are right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT