ADVERTISEMENT

I blame many of you for this situation.

DrH. Lecter

All-American
Apr 5, 2007
The program has gone into the crapper ever since many of you Karen's out there demanded that we change the uniforms away from the winning checkerboard style. A bunch of you suck for doing that to us. Cal buckled to pressure thinking it would save his job. Make the current style One and Done.

BRING BACK THE CHECKERBOARD!!!

Last edited:
Hey, I liked the checkerboard ...in concept. The execution was terrible. It could've been done well, but instead, they went with some Nike employee's third grader's design.
I have it on good authority that Jay Wright has Checkerboard design as a mandatory aspect of his contract. Ooops, I shouldn't have let that out in public. Please ignore that.

I assume this is satire, but I’ll play since I was one of the Karens:

What exactly did we win with the checkerboard uniforms?

Last edited:
What about the denim from 96, I think it was. Now those were the good times. “Are the good times really over good”
I think the denim could be done really well with the HD TVs we have now. But I don't think players would like it at all for regular unis. I think they would make fantastic alternate unis though.

I have it on good authority that Kal, Mitch, and UK are formulating a newer, even more powerful look than checkerboard... Polka dots.

POLKA DOTS!
trippy GIF by Pi-Slices

I THINK ours will be blue and white, but no confirmation yet. Admin has been very hush hush about it so other teams have less time to steal our winning strategy. But, trust me. Polka dots > checkerboard any day.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
I think the denim could be done really well with the HD TVs we have now. But I don't think players would like it at all for regular unis. I think they would make fantastic alternate unis though.
still would need to be darker blue. jmdo

Reactions: SemperFiCat
I have it on good authority that Kal, Mitch, and UK are formulating a newer, even more powerful look than checkerboard... Polka dots.

POLKA DOTS!
trippy GIF by Pi-Slices

I THINK ours will be blue and white, but no confirmation yet. Admin has been very hush hush about it so other teams have less time to steal our winning strategy. But, trust me. Polka dots > checkerboard any day.
Polka....aka Polish....Coach K? Do we reach out to him? Make him say noski.

A Census Taker once tried to test me, I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Duh...A Kentucky Derby for one.
Thanks for this great thread, Dr. H ... but, while we're at it ... let's not forget that the checkerboards won TWO Kentucky Derbys. You will recall, I'm sure, that Riva Ridge, the 1972 winner of the Derby (and the Belmont) also carried the blue-and-white checkerboard colors of the Chenerys' Meadow Stable. And of course, Hall of Fame jockey Ron Turcotte wore those blue-and-white checkerboard colors on both Riva Ridge and his stablemate - the great Secretariat - through six consecutive Triple Crown races, winning all three in 1973 aboard Secretariat !
I'd say the checkerboards certainly have their own winning traditiion !

Last edited:
Reactions: Chevyfn2
Thanks for this great thread, Dr. H ... but, while we're at it ... let's not forget that the checkerboards won TWO Kentucky Derbys. You will recall, I'm sure, that Riva Ridge, the 1972 winner of the Derby (and the Belmont) also carried the blue-and-white checkerboard colors of the Chenerys' Meadow Stable. And of course, Hall of Fame jockey Ron Turcotte wore those blue-and-white checkerboard colors on both Riva Ridge and his stablemate - the great Secretariat - through six consecutive Triple Crown races, winning all three in 1973 aboard Secretariat !
I'd say the checkerboards certainly have their own winning traditiion !
But of course.....I didn't want to seem pretentious.

Well, we've already changed the spelling of our coach to reflect Coach K.

We verbally abuse our coaching staff so much to make sure we get the starting lineup we want and the staff obliges, at the start of BOTH halves.

Only thing left to do is bring in the former UL head coach so he can fix our offense so we can be guaranteed to get to the Rule of 71 first.

• Haha
Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Well, we've already changed the spelling of our coach to reflect Coach K.

We verbally abuse our coaching staff so much to make sure we get the starting lineup we want and the staff obliges, at the start of BOTH halves.

Only thing left to do is bring in the former UL head coach so he can fix our offense so we can be guaranteed to get to the Rule of 71 first.
I'd love to see the stats on rule of 71 for this season but I'm too lazy to look it up. Seems like we were first to 71 on a lot of the games we lost this year (guessing) as we lost late leads.

I'd love to see the stats on rule of 71 for this season but I'm too lazy to look it up. Seems like we were first to 71 on a lot of the games we lost this year (guessing) as we lost late leads.
I agree with you, that the rule of 71 needs to be re-examined. Indexed for inflation.

the denim was one of the worst. they showed up like unCHEAT blue on tv.
True. I was at Rupp the day they introduced it. If I remember correctly, we were playing Arkansas. They gave out the Levi rags at the turnstile and everyone seemed wave them around as the game was played. They were as bad looking in person as they looked in the sickening baby blue on TV.

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT