ADVERTISEMENT

I assume Matt Jones. Freddie Maggard , Drew Franklin and all the rest of our guys are back on the wagon now

Uncle Adolph

Junior
Aug 9, 2019
In giving predictions on this game. they did not take into consideration that we play in the toughest conference in the country. L plays in a weak conference. I doubt matt will eat any crow post game

Nothing wrong with thinking we lose this game. Being a fan doesn’t mean I have to irrationally predict UK wins each time out or that I can’t be realistic about the current state of the team. The SC loss was the lowest this program has been in the last 5 years. That’s just a fact. Pretty reasonable to feel down on our chances going into today considering the last few weeks.

With all that said, this win was huge for the program. The win turns a bad season into a mediocre one. Much easier to recover from mediocre compared to bad. Get a quarterback in the portal, do everything we can to keep Dione Walker and our receivers, and then go into next season with a lot of talent and some momentum from a top-10 win.

They all thought we would lose. Sorry if you do not want to hear it
I LOVE IT when they pick us to lose, it usually means we are a LOCK to win in these type of games!!!

It should be CELEBRATED. And just because they pick UK to lose DOESN'T mean they WANT UK to lose!!! They ALWAYS want UK to WIN!!!

Wins like these are what made Coach Stoops so BELOVED!!! Hope this is a RETURN to MANY MORE of these types of wins!!!

I thought we’d win the game too. but I will say nothing drives me crazier than the “gotcha” fans. There’s a dude on Twitter that has constantly gloated about the basketball team. Just shut up and enjoy the win

Reactions: PensacolaBlue
I thought we’d win the game too. but I will say nothing drives me crazier than the “gotcha” fans. There’s a dude on Twitter that has constantly gloated about the basketball team. Just shut up and enjoy the win
Yah, I don’t know why some folks celebrate by attacking other fans. Makes no sense. If we were 8-4 everybody would have been on the band wagon for the most part. I still think this was a disappointing year and expect lots of changes during the offseason although I will still continue to enjoy this win which makes things more tolerable for sure.

Considering all the struggles Freddie has been through lately, kinda tacky to diss him at the moment.

Freddie will be the first one to eat crow and admit he was wrong. It's a silly prediction anyways so not sure why our fans are piling on.

These teams were fairly evenly matched based on today's outcome.

I’ll never understand those of you that HATE Matt Jones but continue to listen to him.
Love him or hate him, I just think it's hilarious that this past week people listened to the SAME THING and I saw some accusing the KSR crew of being Stoops mouthpieces who won't criticize him the way they did Calipari, and others accuse them of being too negative. But I get it - just look at this discourse on here and especially on rafters. If you say one positive word you're a sycophant and a ball licker and if you say one negative negative word you're a hater and a troll.

Heck I figured we’d lose, I was wrong. And I’ve never been more happy to be wrong!! Probably like the people you called out.

A disappointing season with a pleasantly surprising finish to the regular season. While trying to remain optimistic of a victory, gun to the head, don’t think many here, myself included would have picked UK to win. Offense came through in the 2nd half and despite their struggles the defense got 3 big turnovers including the final INt to close it out.

Ignore the Jones nutswingers in here OP. Anyone with half a brain could see the weak ass schedule that U6 played and realize that this game would be a toss up for them, at best.

Sidenote, what exactly does Franklin do? Does Jones just pay him to show up every now and then on the blog and radio

In giving predictions on this game. they did not take into consideration that we play in the toughest conference in the country. L plays in a weak conference. I doubt matt will eat any crow post game

Was surprised by his pick. I know he picked a relatively close final score...just funny because he has spent the past 3 months or so talking how we would whip them.

Ignore the Jones nutswingers in here OP. Anyone with half a brain could see the weak ass schedule that U6 played and realize that this game would be a toss up for them, at best.
Next time post BEFORE the game tough guy. Fans coming out of the woodwork with holier than thou attitudes.

• Haha
Reactions: Ugoff
I just got tired of hearing Brohm was the next Bear Bryant. But yes, what a great win
No one really said that except our fans complaining about people saying it, when no one really said it. Show me one article claiming that Brohm was that great?

Had they said UK was going to win by 2 touchdowns ... and had we lost ... people would have crushed them too.

They get paid to talk. They have to make some pick. Sure they were a little down yesterday, but give them a break. They can't win.

So if you predict a team to lose, it means you aren't a fan of that team? Interesting.

I guess if UK played the Philadelphia Eagles and I picked the Eagles to win, that means I'm not a fan of UK?

Had they said UK was going to win by 2 touchdowns ... and had we lost ... people would have crushed them too.

They get paid to talk. They have to make some pick. Sure they were a little down yesterday, but give them a break. They can't win.

They get paid to do something we all wish we got paid to do. Talk about a game.

E
So if you predict a team to lose, it means you aren't a fan of that team? Interesting.

I guess if UK played the Philadelphia Eagles and I picked the Eagles to win, that means I'm not a fan of UK?
Super Bowl champion Eagles?

Cmon man picking UK to get blown out by Louisville. What huge advantages did Lou have on UK to make that prediction

I think MOST people thought we would lose
Amen to that. After the way the team had played the last 4 games, I thought they had no chance at all. I am so glad I was wrong. The way the Cats played this game is the way I had hoped they would play all season. Play hard, play as a team on all levels and never give up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT