ADVERTISEMENT

I’m so tired of _____ __ ___ _______.

ManitouDan

All-American
Dec 7, 2006
Fill in the blank — there will a wide range I’m sure
I’ll start with a few
1) Our guards getting a relative pass on how incredibly awful their defense is , the bigs get screamed at , but none of our guards , none , DJ , AR , Reed , or Dilly make much effort to do the simplest of 1st grade level basketball- stay between your guy and hoop . It’s literally the 1st rule of M2M defense .. and we kinda just ignore it . So bigs , it’s not entirely your fault you face guards with open lanes to the hoop . In today’s game with ultra high flying Gs every game you can’t block them all . Not every 5 can be Dekebe Mutumbo .
2) losing
3) John “ Benny “ Calipari
4) seeing Reed n Rob set on the bench at the tip while ( relatively speaking ) 2 far far sub par players wonder around .
5) going 1-5 last Six SECT games
6) the very sight or hearing JC

I'm sick of Cal crapping on everything associated with UK. He hates the fans, Rupp Arena, the legacy, winning titles, the SECT. If the guy was a winner his carpetbagger attitude would wash over but he isn't. The list of coaches who would have won it all for us in 2012 is long, as is the list of OTHER coaches who would have gotten us to a 1 or 2 seed this year.

I just mentioned number 1 in another thread. Yes our bigs have underwhelmed. But our guards put them in a terrible defensive position from start to finish. The team is missing the Liggins or MKG type player that can lock up a speedy guard and force him off his spots. Talented guards get whatever they want against our guards.

Reactions: bIhawk and ala_kat2
John Vincent Calipari. Specifically, in order:

1.) Sinking our program to Top 20 status instead of Top 5.

2.) Losing to inferior teams in March

3.) All the injuries and Mr. Potatohead lineups

4.) His smug “I know basketball better than you” attitude towards UK fans.

5.) Getting tense in big moments (rubs off on the players and nearly cost them against Mississippi State and Tennessee)

“Who could you get that’s better than Calipari”

Dozens of coaches could win zero SEC Championships (regular season and tournament), fail to advance past R32 in the NCAAT, go 2-7 in the postseason, and lose 14 home games in a four year stretch. Most of them wouldn’t need a team of future NBA All Stars to accomplish this, though.

Having an AD, Head Coach and fans without high or even seemingly unrealistic expectations. High/unrealistic expectations are one part of reaching greatness. Accepting mediocrity is average and nothing more. Fire Barnhart and Calipari.

Fill in the blank — there will a wide range I’m sure
I’ll start with a few
1) Our guards getting a relative pass on how incredibly awful their defense is , the bigs get screamed at , but none of our guards , none , DJ , AR , Reed , or Dilly make much effort to do the simplest of 1st grade level basketball- stay between your guy and hoop . It’s literally the 1st rule of M2M defense .. and we kinda just ignore it . So bigs , it’s not entirely your fault you face guards with open lanes to the hoop . In today’s game with ultra high flying Gs every game you can’t block them all . Not every 5 can be Dekebe Mutumbo .
2) losing
3) John “ Benny “ Calipari
4) seeing Reed n Rob set on the bench at the tip while ( relatively speaking ) 2 far far sub par players wonder around .
5) going 1-5 last Six SECT games
6) the very sight or hearing JC
Face it, I would love to see what Cal actually works on in his practices, because it can't be the basic concepts of a man to man defense.

-Cal saying "if WHOEVER we are playing goes crazy from 3 and shoots lights out, then we just say congratulations and move on" like we don't have enough talent to overcome ANY team's best shot!!! That KILLS ME when he says it!! And here lately he uses that as an excuse when we lose!!! At UK, there is NO EXCUSE for losing to teams that have INFERIOR talent!!!!

-Our team getting NO BETTER at what we are WEAKEST at from the beginning of the season to the end!!! Last couple of years it was shooting, now it is defense. He just CAN'T do a good enough job of IMPROVING his team from start to finish anymore!!!

-Allowing the opponents best players to DOMINATE our team!! He has NO answers for even slowing down much less stopping an opponents best players from going off on us.

-Leaving the corner shooter opposite of the ball side WIDE OPEN because he INSISTS on helping the helper on drives!!! It KILLED us last night and has all year!!!

-Not teaching how to ROTATE after the shot blocker goes to defend the rim and NOT blocking out on missed shots, especially on defense!!! This has cost us in nearly every one of the 9 losses. Then you throw in our LAZINESS on getting to 50/50 balls and you see why we can't win close games!!!

-Cal's "They are not robots" BS!!! Those 2 Guards from A&M sure looked like FREAKIN ROBOTS last night!!! This is UK Basketball!!! We should be the team with KILLERS that play at a high level EVERY GAME!!!!!

-"We are so young" Hey Cal, that is YOUR choice to be that way!!! STOP using it as an excuse!!! Those first 7 seasons it wasn't one, why is it NOW??!!!!!

There are MANY more, but those are my BIGGEST gripes right now!! He KILLS ME!!!!!

Letting the inmates and their handlers run the asylum.....starting, minutes, even whether they want to play or just sit on their ass all season.

Kentucky Basketball not being fun.

We got a slight glimpse again but here we are AGAIN.

I think this year is worse than last in terms of hope. We saw some really good players and some better offense. Strangely enough, our defense has sucked.

I just want us to be fun again.

Reactions: true blue1
Kentucky Basketball not being fun.

We got a slight glimpse again but here we are AGAIN.

I think this year is worse than last in terms of hope. We saw some really good players and some better offense. Strangely enough, our defense has sucked.

I just want us to be fun again.
I hope I’m wrong because I want to win as bad as anyone but I don’t see any reason to be optimistic as long as Cal is the coach.

Reactions: The Snoke
I'm sick of Cal crapping on everything associated with UK. He hates the fans, Rupp Arena, the legacy, winning titles, the SECT. If the guy was a winner his carpetbagger attitude would wash over but he isn't. The list of coaches who would have won it all for us in 2012 is long, as is the list of OTHER coaches who would have gotten us to a 1 or 2 seed this year.
You have to put that 2012 team together, News flash, about every team that wins it all has a great team. Think we had syuds on 96 team? 78 team?

Cals shit lineups. Even if you are fine with the starting lineup he puts groups out there at times with 1 shooter. With all the shooters we have that should never happen. Cal subbing guys out right after they have a great play.

I can't be the only one that holds his breath to start each game waiting for the 17 min mark. We seem to start every game running clock and struggling to find a decent shot.

Reactions: true blue1
I’m tired of zero accountability for cal because everyone is scared of him like he has dirt on them. The administrators and our pathetic uk media have enabled this garbage. No other coach in history survives Cals 5 year record not even rupp I’m sorry to say.

I am sick and tired of excuses
I am sick and tired of not winning big games
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of wanting UK to be feared again
I am sick and tired of hoping we win instead of expecting to win
I am sick and tired of NIL and the portal
I am happy to be a BBN member who wants our team to be great again.

• Love
Reactions: catben
I am sick and tired of excuses
I am sick and tired of not winning big games
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of wanting UK to be feared again
I am sick and tired of hoping we win instead of expecting to win
I am sick and tired of NIL and the portal
I am happy to be a BBN member who wants our team to be great again.
I'm also aware that CBB has changed and NO team will ever be dominate like teams used to be again. Even UConn or Houston.

However, we can still be highly competitive and win 3/5 SECTs and make the Final Four 2/4 times.

That's not crazy to ask at the Gold Standard.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT