ADVERTISEMENT

I’m At Rupp

Wow!!!! Just reading this thread and I am crying! I am so proud of BBN for showing the country that we support our new coach and team. I wish I could've been there. I hope you guys yelled for me.

GO BIG BLUE
AND COACH POPE, TOO!!💙💙💙

So proud of the folks that got in and if Rupp was twice that size i think it would be close to filling it. I had mentioned Mark Pope's name during the coaching search and got lots of no's. I think he is going to do great here. Was getting so tired of Calipari who thought he was bigger then the program.

Last edited:
Except for the pull out bleachers behind the baskets, Rupp was full as I spied more people still in line outside the arena!

We just got back home. Rupp was INSANE! It was packed to the rafters. We heard there were people still trying to get in. It was f***ng awesome. Big blue nation was in the building and we made Coach Pope and his family welcome. The hour leading up to the start was just a party and celebration.

Truly a special day at Rupp Arena. Everybody that was there knows how amazing it was in that building today!

We just got back home. Rupp was INSANE! It was packed to the rafters. We heard there were people still trying to get in. It was f***ng awesome. Big blue nation was in the building and we made Coach Pope and his family welcome. The hour leading up to the start was just a party and celebration.

Truly a special day at Rupp Arena. Everybody that was there knows how amazing it was in that building today!
Facts...the rebirth was christened today.

Reactions: susan2361
Z5KU9u5.jpeg
And there is honestly no end to the line.
Yup!! It was insane.

Reactions: susan2361
Here are some videos my wife took in Rupp today. I uploaded to YouTube so I could share them here. The atmosphere was insane! Video doesn’t always convey energy but here you go. You can probably hear me yelling in the background 😂😂

Idk how to do the direct links but you can watch these if you want to see a few live videos from inside Rupp

Last edited:
I drove past Rupp and was told the parking lot was full at 3:30. So I kept driving because there were thousands of people outside waiting to get in and I figured we wouldn’t get in.
The only way we were able to find something is when an older gentleman walking across the street told us "whatever you do, drive AWAY from Rupp".

Reactions: seccats04
I’m 44 years old and this is making me feel like I’m 18 years old all over again….. I’m so damn pumped up with this new era it’s taken me back in time…. Come on October hurry up and get here….
I have a very strong feeling that we're in for a great ride with Pope. He's not going to willingly do anything that puts him in position to get fired. It would be awful to fire someone who used to play for us. That's my only real worry. I'd love to see him get 10 years in, and then I don't know......it makes me sad to think about it. Maybe longer? Rupp did it for a long time.

Here are some videos my wife took in Rupp today. I uploaded to YouTube so I could share them here. The atmosphere was insane! Video doesn’t always convey energy but here you go. You can probably hear me yelling in the background 😂😂

Idk how to do the direct links but you can watch these if you want to see a few live videos from inside Rupp

My boys and I are in her video. We made it into the press box opposite of y’all. 😂. What an amazing experience. My 8 year old got to experience this today and I am hoping this is a lifelong memory for him. Thanks BBN for making this an unforgettable experience!

Reactions: sam_o
My boys and I are in her video. We made it into the press box opposite of y’all. 😂. What an amazing experience. My 8 year old got to experience this today and I am hoping this is a lifelong memory for him. Thanks BBN for making this an unforgettable experience!
Heck yea brother!

Reactions: indianskid7220
Just had the chance to watch.

Truly amazing. So proud of BBN.
Like so many others have said, it bought tears. When the Go Big Blue chant started up I don’t think that I’ve ever been more proud.

Thank God for allowing me to see this day.

Reactions: sam_o
Just had the chance to watch.

Truly amazing. So proud of BBN.
Like so many others have said, it bought tears. When the Go Big Blue chant started up I don’t think that I’ve ever been more proud.

Thank God for allowing me to see this day.
The hour leading up to the presser was nothing but pure joy and a celebration of UK basketball. The energy in that building was something different. It truly felt like UK basketball woke up today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT