ADVERTISEMENT

Today will be the first time in about 6 years or so that…

His resume ain't much, but the pieces are there for success. An upstanding man and he knows how to draw up a play. Can't wait for that.

Reactions: K86
I am convinced that Mark Pope will kill it here. He's obviously a good coach, extremely intelligent, highly motivated and above all else, he loves this program just as much as any of us. He'll work tirelessly to make us the best we can possibly be. And he will succeed not just because of his coaching abilities, but because this will be a complete program effort. Every single person involved with this program, from the coaches to the players to the support staff, as well as the students, fans, boosters and alumni, we are all going to play an important role in this process. Kentucky is no longer just Cal's program. It now once again belongs to us all. And if we all work together, we're going to get to where we want to be. This is the kind of attitude that made Kentucky what it is and we will get it back.

I don’t have to change the station/channel or run to the bathroom and throw up when the UK coach opens his mouth.

Looks like a decent lineup outside of Rupp already too.
Amen, it may take some adjustment on our part, you know when it comes to the UK coach....... I haven't seen him ,lately

Reactions: ck-2
Article states they were hoping we could get Pope for $2-3 million and have more for NIL. Those are completely separate pools of money and the university can’t fund NIL. So that’s kind of an ignorant comment. However even at 5.5. That’s millions less tha Cal and without the 33 million buyout or having to pay Hurley $100 mil. I would hope it frees up dollars for some facility upgrades.

I dont listen to the pre and post game coach shows or press conferences and won't start now. Too busy. I'll watch the halftime interviews and that'd about it.

I have no doubt he will say all the right things though. All he has to do now is win big and do it relatively quickly as the title and final four droughts are already high (thanks cal)

Article states they were hoping we could get Pope for $2-3 million and have more for NIL. Those are completely separate pools of money and the university can’t fund NIL. So that’s kind of an ignorant comment. However even at 5.5. That’s millions less tha Cal and without the 33 million buyout or having to pay Hurley $100 mil. I would hope it frees up dollars for some facility upgrades.
I think the connection might be that if they could get him cheaper, they would ask donors who usually give money to the athletic department to divert that money to NIL and it wouldn’t be a hit to the AD budget.

His whole contract is less than the damn buyout 😂

Thats what I want to see. If we can't used the saved contract money on NIL (which I don't really buy), then use that saved money to tackle some facilities projects.

I know with Cal, we still blamed him for the facilities. Or at least, we didn't le them use that as an excuse. Which is fine.. but now he's gone, and we still have serious questions about facilities, dorms, etc. We heard from some media members that we were VERY far down the list of too ranked facilities.. and we just can't let that happen. We need to be top5.

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Refreshing to have a head basketball coach fulfill the assigned duties of speaking to the media & thus the entire Big Blue Nation

So disgusted over the last 5-6 yrs the former guy couldn't handle the hard hitting questions. So sent 1 of his substandard yes-men assistants to do his job.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I am convinced that Mark Pope will kill it here. He's obviously a good coach, extremely intelligent, highly motivated and above all else, he loves this program just as much as any of us. He'll work tirelessly to make us the best we can possibly be. And he will succeed not just because of his coaching abilities, but because this will be a complete program effort. Every single person involved with this program, from the coaches to the players to the support staff, as well as the students, fans, boosters and alumni, we are all going to play an important role in this process. Kentucky is no longer just Cal's program. It now once again belongs to us all. And if we all work together, we're going to get to where we want to be. This is the kind of attitude that made Kentucky what it is and we will get it back.
Well said !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT