ADVERTISEMENT

Getting reed back…

Going all in to keep players is exactly what pushed IU firmly down its path. Players wanted Davis and the administration complied. Several years of Mike Davis did a ton of damage. Not saying that happened here and certainly Pope is way better than Davis. But decisions such as coaches cannot be decided on such short term issues.

It's unlikely Reed comes back but Pope does make it more likely. And if we get Reed back we have a better chance of getting Big Z back and those are a couple nice starting pieces. Maybe a pipe dream but the only way we're likely to be very good next year. But we'd have likely went downhill some with Cal next year and a then he'd have gotten fired and the rebuild would just have started a year later.

It's unlikely Reed comes back but Pope does make it more likely. And if we get Reed back we have a better chance of getting Big Z back and those are a couple nice starting pieces. Maybe a pipe dream but the only way we're likely to be very good next year. But we'd have likely went downhill some with Cal next year and a then he'd have gotten fired and the rebuild would just have started a year later.
Look im not sayimg Pope will bust but his likelihood to is incredibly high

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX
Mark Pope really needs to get Dallin Hall, Jaxson Robinson, and Traore… those 3 with a few solid transfers and Reed.. would be pretty decent

Reactions: FrankUnderwoodX

Z followed Arkansas today on Twitter.

Why does Reed coming back help z coming back? Is this like a all whites stick together thing or what?

Don't get the connection otherwise. I'm not trying to be racist but why would Reed staying help with z randomly.

Sure. He's a risky hire. Will either be looked back on as a brilliant hire or a terrible one. But none of
us actually know which it will be at this time, though many will pretend they do know.
Problem is there were many, dozens, other more qualified coachers who wouldve taken it. Mitch hires ppl about their “piousness” amd nothing else its gross

Reactions: HeismaNole
Does in no way shape or form justify this hire. He’d play with who exactly next year? Getting reed back with some others was exciting potentially. Reed back with basically nobody is just tanking his draft stock. Hell if im reed this hire made my decision to jump to the nba.
if im gonna be positive here.. Popes style of offense is very modern. They are a high gunning team and play a pretty style of basketball. So its gonna attract shooters. Defense I dunno. BYU was 63rd in defensive which is gang busters better than Kentucky. But we all have to remember BYU is a school where you had to take an oath not to drink or have premarital sex as a student.. Hes not recruiting in that pool anymore.

Last edited:
What did he tell you?
Crowd chanting one more year, he's just laughing and thanking fans for the support but he threw this event together in less than a week. Pretty doubtful that occurs unless it's a swan song.

Why does Reed coming back help z coming back? Is this like a all whites stick together thing or what?

Don't get the connection otherwise. I'm not trying to be racist but why would Reed staying help with z randomly.
We just hired a guy from Utah. That's all he will be able to recruit for the most part. lol

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
if im gonna be positive here.. Popes style of offense is very modern. They area high gunning team and play a pretty style of basketball. So its gonna attract shooters. Defense I dunno. BYU was 63rd in defensive efficacy which is gang busters better than Kentucky. But we all have to remember BYU is a school where you had to take an oath not to drink or have premarital sex as a student.. Hes not recruiting in that pool anymore.
Still not trusting a guy with 0 recruiting experience to do it well and excel at it. Also i thinj thinking he will is equally as foolish

You think I meant because they are both white? I put people on ignore for making racist remarks and I friggin HATE racists.

I said that because I think having at least one returning teammate, one who would likely be a POY candidate so the team wouldn't be totally bare, would make it more likely that Z returns.
I'd say the same about Burks and Thiero but didn't mention them because I just don't think they're as important.

You think I meant because they are both white? I put people on ignore for making racist remarks and I friggin HATE racists.

I said that because I think having at least one returning teammate, one who would likely be a POY candidate so the team wouldn't be totally bare, would make it more likely that Z returns.
I'd say the same about Burks and Thiero but didn't mention them because I just don't think they're as important.

I didn't know what u meant but the white comment was more in jest.

I don't think either will impact the other and bet they both aren't on UK.

I didn't know what u meant but the white comment was more in jest.

I don't think either will impact the other and bet they both aren't on UK.
If I had to bet my life on it I'd also say neither will be here but Sheppard
coming back would have an impact on a lot of players. He is a star and that
would make it easier to convince other players that they wouldn't be
signing on to a bad team.

Going all in to keep players is exactly what pushed IU firmly down its path. Players wanted Davis and the administration complied. Several years of Mike Davis did a ton of damage. Not saying that happened here and certainly Pope is way better than Davis. But decisions such as coaches cannot be decided on such short term issues.
Davis went to the 2002 national championship game. Pope hasn't won a single NCAA Tournament game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT