ADVERTISEMENT

I’d love to spit some Beechnut in the NCAA’s eye

For the life of me I can't imagine taking the North Carolina thing this personally.
It’s not the UNC ruling by itself, it’s what it signifies. It is the biggest red flag you could imagine, years and proof mean zero. We knew the NCAA couldn’t be trusted before but now we know they are complicit in helping some programs get away with violations.

So when you see Higgins repeatedly give UK bad calls is it random or not? When the selection committee repeatedly gives UK horrid brackets is it still random. Mind you that when Pitino was here we got easy brackets often but he didn’t use one & dones that the NCAA hates and doesn’t want to succeed.

So now we have a sport to which the governing body actively tries to help facilitate the desired outcome. If you still believe the UNC ruling is where it stops then it won’t change a thing but I believe the tampering goes way beyond helping North Carolina get away with cheating.

Except the NCAA really didn't spend any resources investigating UNC. Instead they allowed UNC to orchestrate one sham investigation after another, including the Wainstein report which UNC itself made sure to limit to AFAM "paper classes" only.
Does anybody on this board believe the NCAA would allow UK to conduct multiple failed probes and then still turn in a limited in scope investigation without intervening? Does anyone think the NCAA would levy zero penalties had UK done the exact same thing? Anyone believe that’s where the discrepancies stop?

ADVERTISEMENT