ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical...Hurley, Oats, Donovan, and Drew all say thanks, but no thanks.

Tommy Lloyd has to be on deck. In fact, maybe he should've already been called. Maybe he has, who knows...

I have a funny feeling that he's building something at Arizona. First 3 years 27 wins or better and 2 S16s.

Like the Gonzaga lineage. Few's right had guy for 20 years. It appears he's going to build something consistently in the mix/convo at Zona.

Anthony Grant? The guy literally doesn't talk. You think someone with that kinda personality would succeed here?

Yes he is a very good coach.

People forget that just 4 years ago he Coached UD to a 29-2 (18-0) record. And he was unanimous COY. They finished the season ranked 3rd, and would have made big noise in March if the post season tourneys had not been canceled.

Reactions: GoCats53
Bobby. Hurley.

I think it’s funny folks are justifying Drew’s mediocrity (outside of a couple years) by saying “yeah but it’s Baylor. He would do 10x better here” but then those same people turn around and shit on BH who has been stuck at basketball wasteland Arizona State.
Man, I went to the TCU-Arizona State game here in FW earlier this year, and Hurley got obviously rattled by some drunk college kids heckling him from behind the bench. Got a T right after that, and it changed the course of the game. One of the worst coaching mistakes I've ever seen.

Young Coach with potential?

Hope it doesn't go this far but Bucky MacMillan at Samford has his team tearing up the Southern Conference. He was hired for the job by CM Newtons' son.

A name that is not mentioned is Buzz
The only thing I know about Buzz Williams is that HE CAN COACH BASKETBALL ! Whether there's some extraneous reason not to consider Buzz ... I don't know. On second thought, there's one other thing I do know about Buzz Williams: He beat U.K. TWICE this past season - first time when we were ranked No. 6 and the second time when we were ranked No. 9. That's just about all I need to know ! ! ! :cool:

Reactions: CatInNC
It has to be Pitino, only in that scenario.

You can’t get denied by those guys then hire some young “unproven” coach like Pope, etc. That’s how you fall from grace as a brand.

Get pitino in the short term and buy yourself time to sign the next guy.

I said before this started that UK better be prepared to take a more step back when Cal left.

Looks like that is where we are headed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT