ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley offer rumor

Star Wars GIF

12.5 million per year seems a little low to try get a New England man to leave a New England School after winning back to back titles. I feel like it should be 15 million per year with a 5 million bonus per Final Four. I would assume UConn will be able to offer some what close to 10 million like in the 7.5-10 million range so 12.5 isn't going to seem that big of a difference if they can offer 10 million. Also what's the point of offering the super long deals? The coach can apparently leave whenever they want to but if they have bad performance we can't fire them. Might as well do 3-5 year contracts so the coach stays hungry to do well for the next contract.

12.5 million per year seems a little low to try get a New England man to leave a New England School after winning back to back titles. I feel like it should be 15 million per year with a 5 million bonus per Final Four. I would assume UConn will be able to offer some what close to 10 million like in the 7.5-10 million range so 12.5 isn't going to seem that big of a difference if they can offer 10 million.
15 million? He's not a pro athlete either. lmao

Reactions: Fox2monk
12.5 million per year seems a little low to try get a New England man to leave a New England School after winning back to back titles. I feel like it should be 15 million per year with a 5 million bonus per Final Four. I would assume UConn will be able to offer some what close to 10 million like in the 7.5-10 million range so 12.5 isn't going to seem that big of a difference if they can offer 10 million.
I read that UConn is operating in a deficit already.

$12.5 is insane. Plus it's the starting point. We would likely go higher.

Reactions: Fox2monk
My brother in law told the wife just now Hurley will be KY’s Coach. Not sure how he knows this but they are friends. Just passing along my 2 cents
Did this convo happen at thanksgiving dinner and are any horse farms involved?

I choose to believe

• Haha
Reactions: K86
12.5 million per year seems a little low to try get a New England man to leave a New England School after winning back to back titles. I feel like it should be 15 million per year with a 5 million bonus per Final Four. I would assume UConn will be able to offer some what close to 10 million like in the 7.5-10 million range so 12.5 isn't going to seem that big of a difference if they can offer 10 million. Also what's the point of offering the super long deals? The coach can apparently leave whenever they want to but if they have bad performance we can't fire them. Might as well do 3-5 year contracts so the coach stays hungry to do well for the next contract.
$12.5mil, as it is, would break the college basketball market... Again, as it is.

Whoa, that offer actually seems extreme when you put in context. That is more money than either Nick Saban or Kirby Smart made last year. And of course you know football is in a different stratosphere when it comes to revenue generation. Plus, Kirby and Nick are more accomplished at this stage than Hurley is.

You worry the agent in NY would get an offer sheet from UK , then simply fax it to UConn and get a bump from them….tho they couldn’t do near the number UK will give

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT