ADVERTISEMENT

How Should Fans Define Success?

Think about all the guys that could've stayed 4 years and ended up leaving after one year?

I don't blame a great player for leaving early but at the same time, that college experience meant something to the college game itself. You attained a level of success that allowed you to move on. But what about those players that had mediocre or worse a losing season that went on to the NBA. I don't get it.

Think about all the guys that could've stayed 4 years and ended up leaving after one year?

I don't blame a great player for leaving early but at the same time, that college experience meant something to the college game itself. You attained a level of success that allowed you to move on. But what about those players that had mediocre or worse a losing season that went on to the NBA. I don't get it.
Players leave every program. Good players want to play in the league and make bucks ASAP. When you recruit good players, that is the deal. The transfer portal has only speeded up the departures. Every coach must deal with departures. Still, some teams advance in the NCAA Tournament and others do not. We have not won an NCAA Tournament game in a long time. That dog won't hunt.

Success for UK is the tournament every year, minimum expectations should be sweet 16, maximum expectations should be elite 8, final 4 every 4 years, and NC every 12 years.

I would 3-4 FFs a decade with a championship every 8-10 years. I want to be in the National conversation most years. Have winning records against ranked opponents, and not get owned by Tennessee. Win the games that we’re supposed to win.

I can tell you what's not success...since the end of the 2015 season, Kentucky is 23-27 against teams ranked in the Top 25 and 1-9 in their last ten.

There was a time not too long ago where a coach at UK would have been shit canned for even approaching anything as atrocious as this - now we have halfwits defending it and an AD who signed the dumbass to a lifetime contract. They should all ridden out of the state on rails.
Those records are pathetic and this is ALL ON CAL !!- it's hard to get excited anymore when UK plays a top team because you know we are going to lose- something needs to change because all Cal does now is wash, rinse and repeat and it hasn't worked for numerous years- since 2000 Duke has 3 championships, UNC, Villanova, Kansas, Florida and Connecticut have a couple championships and we have 1- hardest championship to win, IMO but now it seems impossible for us to win another one as long as Cal keeps doing what he is doing

Reactions: CatPhight
Success at UK is winning the SEC title or the SEC tourney, beating ranked teams more than we lose to them. Regardless of what some of our brain washed fans think THE SEASON MATTERS AT UK, or at least it did till Cal came. NEVER lose more than 1-2 home games a year, believe it or not EVERYBODY used to dread coming to Rupp. Finally at least a Sweet 16 appearance EVERY year never missing the tournament ever . We should make it to Final 4 ever 4 years or so. Titles are great but historically we only win one every 10 or 11 years, poi t is you can't Win one if you can't make it to FinalFour

I mean if you are a die hard UK fan, what's acceptable to you?

20+ win seasons?

SEC Conf. reg season title or Conf. Tourney Title?

Winning at least the first game in the NCAA Tourney?

I think the bar has been set pretty high, especially when you look at all the titles Coach Rupp won.

Not to downplay the other national championship coaches at UK before but should we relax a little and realize what Coach Rupp did is not the norm at all, it kinda seems a little extreme to me.
How Should Fans Define Success? Ridding ourselves of Carpetbagging Cal ... Step 1.

Reactions: CatPhight
Two titles and a runner up with the best player out beats one title and one runner up. Thanks for playing though.
I didn't say anything about which one is better. We were unreal in the 90's but we were also just as bad in the 2000's. The stretch of 10-19 is every bit as important as the 90's . If it hadn't happened we are probably irrelevant by 2013.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT