ADVERTISEMENT

Heartfelt/Mixed Emotions

Jan 5, 2018
I understand why Kentucky wants to, and likely should, move on.

But you know what? Nothing will change the memories of the last fourteen years. Should we have won at least three titles? Yes. But Cal made me fall in love with college basketball by bringing these larger than life figures to campus. The best moment of my LIFE was playing UK in 2014 when I was the student manger for Columbia.

I get it. But that doesn’t mean it still isn't sad. I think something just happened after the Luke Maye shot. I don’t know. Until then, I really had no issue with the results. I guess not watching UConn film in 2011 and 2014. The shot clock thing against Wisconsin sucked. West Virginia in 2010 sucked. But the fact is, other than this team, the past five teams just were not that good.

Screw it. I may want to move on, but I will miss you Cal. All of us will miss part of it, even if you deny it. He only brought one title, but don’t act like his time here was more a negative than a positive.

For most of us, our love extends decades beyond just the last 14 years that Calipari has been in. The program is bigger than any one coach. Looking at it through the lens of the previous 14 seasons, just doesn't tell the entire story of the tradition that is Kentucky Basketball. That is why so many of us pissed off right now. People can say we've had long droughts in program history before. That doesn't justify these results from a HOF coach making $10 million dollars.

Since Kentucky's stretch in the 90s, UConn has won 5 Championships compared to UK's 1, Duke & UNC 3, Florida, Kansas & Villanova 2. It is really not that unreasonable to expect UK to have cut down the nets more than once all things considered. It's amazing how this school has hit some all-time low points historically and continuing droughts and Barnhart has overseen most of it since 2002 and Cal 2009-10 since that run UK last won multiple championships in a decade. Sad!

Last edited:
Same old same old every year No 1 recruiting classes, I wonder how many stars did Oakland team have I bet 0 I bet they did not have any stars they out played Ky and outcoached, this is disgraceful which used to be a proud Ky program to be this way year after year. Cal needs to be fired and so does Mitch.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT